PDA

View Full Version : D-Day 2004

MidnightRider
01-22-2004, 12:16 AM
Just got a couple of ?'s for all the AO'ers.

First off, who is going? And is there going to be an AO "company" or "squad"?

Next thing is this RT ban. Can't tell if it is Tippman specific or anything with an RT lable? In the FAQ section it says any RT, but in the forums I think one of their admins hints at it being only Tippman.

And the last question... AGD, you going to go to this one again? Or is this one of the events getting cut out of your grueling scheduale(sp?) from last year? Ok so that was 2 questions. So sue me.:D

Peace

MR

Faultie
01-22-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm going...taking my SMG and my Mag classic.
-andrew

MidnightRider
01-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Faultie
I'm going...taking my SMG and my Mag classic.
-andrew

Wow Faultie, it looks like it is just you and me going to D-Day this year. :D

Faultie
01-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Heh...and we'll be the two Magger's that will take them all on! We'll show them what mag's are all about.
-Andrew

MidnightRider
01-24-2004, 12:32 AM
You and I will take the beach all by ourselves.:D

Sir_Brass
01-25-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm going to d-day. Fighting for the allies :D.

Shadow33
01-25-2004, 01:18 PM
myself and my wife will both be playing at D-Day and yes both of us will be shooting mags too I know the owner very well "Dewayne" as we call his field home here is the link incase anyone would like to see what they will be missing at D-Day http://www.oklahomadday.com/ ;)

MidnightRider
01-25-2004, 05:24 PM
This is gonna rock. Finally going to meet some fellow AO'ers.

Shadow33: Thanks for the link. I forgot to put it in.:rolleyes: Also. If this is your home field, what can you tell us about the RT thing. Will the xvalve be allowed? Since you shoot mags I am thinking you may have looked into this, maybe?

If any of you have found out where on each side you are playing on maybe we can hook up for some on-the-field or off-the-field carnage.:D

Peace

MR

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-29-2004, 10:47 PM
anyone from IL wanna gimmi a ride to this event?

Shadow33
02-01-2004, 05:01 PM
yes automag RT's are going to be allowed at D-Day as i went and asked the owner of the bunker in person just to make sure there were no misunderstandings on this matter hope this helps :D

MidnightRider
02-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Shadow33
yes automag RT's are going to be allowed at D-Day as i went and asked the owner of the bunker in person just to make sure there were no misunderstandings on this matter hope this helps :D

This helps out alot, as I just purchased and installed an x-valve last Dec. Would have been kinda bummed to have to leave my mag behind. Traded my old valve in for the X and then find out about the possibility of having it banned. I was just a bit nervous.:cool:

Thanks for the info. Now if only they could do something about the Tippman RT ban. My teammate has one and is bummed just like I could have been.:D

Thanks again.

Peace

MR

Wolfen
02-01-2004, 09:23 PM
I want to go to D-Day so bad. After reading about it in APG, I was thinking of all the things I could have done. Anyways, if I happen to come into quite-a-bit of money, I'll be there.

WaStEd TaLeNt
02-06-2004, 02:24 PM
I'd love to come but I've got to work. So just so them what a couple of mags' can do eh?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
02-06-2004, 09:35 PM
we got 4 months until something happens

painball
02-06-2004, 10:20 PM
I will be goin hopefully. I haven't played a scenario yet, but I really want to. Luckily my grandparents live a 10-15 min drive from the place. I'm guessing there will be a lot of confusion.

painball
02-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Hmmm...what units are you all playing on?

MidnightRider
02-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Well my teammate and I are signed up. We also put our names on the list to be Rangers. Just have to pass this o-course that they have, to make it official. I hope we make the squad as otherwise it sounds like it is just a very large game of attack and defend. If I am traveling 8+ hours for a scenario game I want to do missions. Not just sling paint.:D I can do that here at home. Save some pennies too.

Peace.

MR

Sir_Brass
02-07-2004, 01:43 AM
even if you aren't in rangers, you'll still be running missions. Hangernaid is the Allied supreme CO this year, as well as in charge of the rangers, btw :D, but anyway, I have assurance from him that that allies WILL be running many missions, and if people work together and leaders actually lead and work for the betterment NOT of their squad but for ALL of the allies, then we allies will most likely be able to walk away leaving the germans dripping in our paint :D.

painball
02-07-2004, 02:02 AM
What squad would be the best for a first time scenario player?

ghed
02-19-2004, 11:20 PM
A friend and I are planning on going to D-day. We live in NW Ark so its only like an hours drive away and will both be bringing our mags!

BTW does anyone know what the numbers of each side are looking like? I would prefer to be on the underdog team :)

Sir_Brass
02-20-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by painball
What squad would be the best for a first time scenario player?

Allied 1st Division: THe Big red One.

I'll be a first time scenario player, but I'll be playing rangers b/c that's what the group I'll be playing with is doing.

if you're a walk on with no scenario experience, then I recommend the 1st division.

Brophog
02-20-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by ghed

BTW does anyone know what the numbers of each side are looking like? I would prefer to be on the underdog team :)

With the hard cap of 3000 this year, I think the sides will be even for once. The staff doesn't want the unexpected people showing up at game day like last year, and by raising the registration fee from 60 to 100 after May 15th, they shouldnt have to deal with.

I expect both sides full before DDAY ever starts. Shaping up to be a great game.

ghed
02-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Sorry I feel like Im hijacking this thread but one more question. Are cammo and costumes a must for D-day or will just wearing black/gray shorts and tshirt work? Since this is my first scenario game I have no clue what to expect and I dont really want to be the only newb w/o a uniform.

Thanks

Brophog
02-20-2004, 04:47 PM
You don't need a costume or specific clothing. Some will wear official WW2 outfits, some modern day camo, and others will wear a paintball jersey and jeans!

Guyver13
03-04-2004, 01:33 PM
What is the average amount of paint one will go thru at Day? My buddy and I are planning on going and we want to make sure we budget enought money just for paint?

Brophog
03-10-2004, 11:55 PM
That's gonna vary greatly on how much you shoot, and how much you play.

Their are games going on all week, not counting Saturday, Saturday Night, and Sunday.

1 case at a bare minimum. I'll be pumping it, and I'm planning on a case. 2-3 cases if your going to play a lot and are a pretty heavy shooter.

Guyver13
03-11-2004, 09:46 AM
I would sya on my average 8 hour scenario game I go thru a case of paint and will be playing Saturday and Sunday.
Usiung your theory I'll budget for 3 cases.
Thanks.

Brophog
03-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Budget high, but only buy what you need, when you need it.

They won't run out of paint, I guarantee that one!

tjmpaintball06
03-18-2004, 06:48 PM
I went to dday 2003 and played on the big red 1. It was great. I'm going to 2004 for sure and im thinking of being a german or 101 airborne. I'd really like to be a pathfinder but i don't want to do that obstacle course. I got the dvd and it looks really tough. They make em crawl through watery creeks and hike like 5 miles and carry a log a long way, then you have to get up at like 5 in the morning. Anyways... i'll be bringing my emag along too. AGD was there last year and it was great. If you have any problems with your mag they can fix it and i got to meet Tom Kaye. He helped me to figure out what team i was on because last year i forgot to preregister. I encourage everyone to go. It is really a blast for all ages.

Brophog
03-19-2004, 01:37 AM
FYI

101st Airborne has filled up.

BlackCat
03-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Hellow AOers,
Spiro "BlackCat" Mamaligas here. Join me as I lead the 101st this year at Oklahoma's D-Day. Join the many BlackCat family of palyers from all over the country as we teach these Germans who their daddy is!!!!!! If you would like to join the many BlackCat players coming from as far away as CA, AZ, NM, LA, OH, PA, VA, MO, IN as well as many other great states join up today! We have an active forum on the BlackCat forums for you to post on.

http://www.blackcat-productions.com/cgi/ikonboard/forums.cgi?forum=90

If you would like to play with us all you need to do is request to play with the BlackCat 101st Division or you can download a special registration form from the BlackCat website next week. There is still room for the 101st.

Join us as we spank the German forces to submission with good clean hard play! Oh yeah, and lots of paint! :)

Guyver13
03-19-2004, 10:33 AM
How early do we have to get up to test the ob course.