PDA

View Full Version : More RIPs for OES III

Smakman
01-31-2004, 02:38 PM
I utilize refs-in-play (RIPs) for my major events. These refs are in play, but also have the authority to call out players for safety violations and cheating on the field. Using this method of reffing has been very effective. I normally hand pick players for these positions, but I am expecting to need more than my usual trustees for Operation Eminent Storm III in May 2004. RIPs get free entry to the game and may BYOP at no charge. They also may take their time out, when eliminated, in-field reffing visibly. If you are an honest and experienced scenario player, 18 years old or older, who isn't afraid to confront cheaters or unsafe players and are interested in improving game safety and quality, email me at mwm@smakzone.com

I have already started a roster. I expect to need roughly another 12 or so RIPs. Add your name for consideration if you like, but don't get your feelings hurt if I pass on you. It's nothing personal. I will be choosing RIPs on an individual basis.

Requirements: 18 years of age, integrity, FRS or GMRS radio, a willingness to make the game better for all, not just get into it for free. References are a big plus. RIPs need to be at the field by 8:00 am game morning for the ref briefing. If you have any of your own reffing gear, feel free to bring it as well, i.e. hand held chrono, whistle, vest, ect.

You can check the roster HERE (http://64.177.246.20/Invision/index.php?showtopic=238) to see who has already signed up.