PDA

View Full Version : Battle Of The Potomac - Tom Kaye - Blue or Grey?

momags!
02-25-2004, 04:54 AM
TK....are the rumors true that the AO brigade will be participating on behalf of Northern aggression?!

cledford
03-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Does ANYONE have info about this event! It was huge when the story broke and things have simmered way down - if TK still attending? How about Josh?

I'm hesitant to sign up with out more info and the web site doesn't give much...

-Calvin

Evil Preacher
03-15-2004, 04:17 PM
I will be attending this game also, but have yet to pick a side to play on. I am leaning towards playing for the North as of now and will do so unless we can set up something where we all can play together. My team wont be making it to the game, but I will be there.

If you want to email me try preacher@teamevilinc.com

SeeK
03-15-2004, 07:05 PM
It would help if you guys had given the website:

http://www.battleofthepotomac.com

To benefit the
Prince William Boys' and
Girls' Club for a two-day
role-playing scenario paintball
event set for
April 17-18, 2004
at Camp Brown
Scotland, Maryland.

Augiedoggy18
03-15-2004, 07:37 PM
I am thinking about coming to this game. I haven't decided which side to play on. How many AO'ers will be there? I would be interested in playing on the side that has the most AO people.

Evil Preacher
03-16-2004, 11:34 PM
Ok, I have flipped a coin and the winner is...

I am going to play for the North.

If anyone wants to form up let me know at preacher@teamevilinc.com

I will be at the field mid-day on friday by the looks of it.

BlackCat
03-17-2004, 08:48 PM
Hey folks,
I just wanted to drop in here and post a quick hello and also invite you out to participate in this event. It is for a great cause! I will be leading the North as we strive to repel and stomp the southern uprisin. If you would like there are many more posts and regiments from various northeast states being formed at this time on the BlackCat Forums. You can reach them by going to www.BlackCatPaintball.com and looking under BlackCat Forums or by going to the official website for this great event at www.BattleofthePotomac.com and clicking on forums.

It will be great to meet many new faces and re-unite with old friends.

PS>Preacher will be good having you on our side! :)

cledford
03-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Who's side will Tom Kaye be on? Also, when the game was first announced, there was also a statement that the first X number of sign-ups would be guaranteed a spot on his team, but the site/web page was screwed up for a long while and then it came up with no further announcement here. Is it to late to choose to specifically play on AGD's side?

-Calvin

Evil Preacher
03-18-2004, 10:26 AM
Tom emailed me that he wont be leading a side in this game. He is going to be there as the MC of the game. So any AOers that want to form up, please let me know, then we can form up our own brigade at the game.

I will be playing for the North if you haven't read that yet.

AGD
03-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Guys! I expect you to do me proud and turn up in FORCE! I will be doing the color commentary for the event so I you want to get in the media you need to make a splash! After all you have the inside track with the man at the mike ;)

I'll be there!

AGD

BlackCat
03-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Here is part of your commentary that you may want to rehearse prior to the game Tom.

"The Northern Army has completely surrounded those southern belles once again in this epic battle of North vs. South and are chasing them into the Potomac River for a much needed bath. Grant was heard to echo the following words, 'Ladies and Gentlemen, it is with great honor that I do our nation good by forcing these "stinkin" grey coats to take a bath and rid the world of their horrendous body odor.'"

:D

Evil Preacher
03-19-2004, 06:22 PM
AO Raiders come to me...

All those who want to do the deed to the South and have fun call out now...

We will do the dirty work... Little pay but lots of shooting... Heck no pay and lots of shooting is more like it...

It is time... Our General has spoken... Grab up your marker, make sure you have air and lets push the South back into the sea...

We want only the ones that feel they can get it done... Dirty work is going to be our fun boys and girls... They will sing songs about our explots on the field of battle...

Hmmm dirty and no pay... Sounds like a song already...

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Augiedoggy18
03-21-2004, 11:54 AM
I am coming, and I am bringing a friend! We will be playing for the Union (at least that's what I put on the pre-registration form). Can't wait, sounds like a great time! I have been playing paintball for more than 8 years, but my friend has only played twice, so I hope this goes well for him. Plus, this is the first scenario game for both of us. I would like to form up with other AO'ers, so I will email Evil Preacher about joining him. See everyone there, and lets make AGD proud!

Evil Preacher
03-22-2004, 05:45 PM
Augiedoggy18, Great to have you on board. I am off visiting friends but I will get back to your email when I get home this weekend.

magking
03-22-2004, 05:53 PM
when is the battle of the patomic and where can i regester

Augiedoggy18
03-23-2004, 10:48 AM
The game is April 17th & 18th in Scotland, MD. Go to www.battleofthepotomac.com to pre-register. Do it by the 26th, and you get a discount. See you there!

Nick

Xyxyll
03-26-2004, 08:00 PM
::rubs hands together:: muhaahaahaahaa

Looks like there'll be a good showing. GOOD! I look forward to meeting you all.

Evil Preacher
03-30-2004, 04:48 PM
Attention all AO members that will be playing for the North.

Please contact me to help me get a head count and such.

We are trying to form up an AO Brigade for this game and we need to set it up now.

Also you can check out the following forum for game info if you are playing for the North.

http://www.oxbowmanor.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

You have to register with them to prove that you are playing for the North.

Also does anyone have or can they get an AO flag that we can carry into battle?

Gunslinger-ActionBob
03-31-2004, 10:29 PM
well by all rights Blue's Crew will be on the Northern side..... Preacher can I play too.....?

Evil Preacher
03-31-2004, 10:47 PM
If you guys are playing for the North yes you can come play. E-mail me and let me know what is going on.

I will talk to you later sir.

Xyxyll
04-06-2004, 05:11 PM
We need more people to sign up to play @ BoTP!

Take TK's words to heart:

Guys! I expect you to do me proud and turn up in FORCE! I will be doing the color commentary for the event so I you want to get in the media you need to make a splash! After all you have the inside track with the man at the mike

I'll be there!

AGD

Major Ho
04-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Im pretty sure Ill be there for the latter part of saturday and all sunday. I didnt preregister though :( Should I be fighting for the south even though Im from Fairfax, Va?:D

Evil Preacher
04-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Heck I am from CA and I am playing for the North.

Ok everyone, one week left to go. I will be on the road starting Tuesday for this game. I will be at the field sometime Friday mid-morning or early afternoon. I wont be hard to find. I will have a black vest on covered with game patches.

See everyone there

Preacher

Xyxyll
04-10-2004, 12:46 PM
I'm leaving Thursday to help set up before the game. Hope to see you all there, and have a good time. There aren't as many people pre-registered as hoped, but that just means more prizes for fewer people. :D I'm looking forward to it, and I hope you all enjoy it.

Aiki
04-12-2004, 10:46 PM
It says on Black cats site that the game is canceled

http://www.blackcat-productions.com/main.html

Evil Preacher
04-12-2004, 11:57 PM
I just got off the phone with Spiro from Black Cat Productions. Yes the game is postponed. The offical story will be posted tomorrow.

I am sorry that I wont get to meet the rest of you this time, but keep checking, so see when the game is rescheduled.

Preacher

doc_Zox
04-13-2004, 01:55 PM
http://www.battleofthepotomac.com/

BlackCat Paintball Productions, Millennium Paintball Productions, and the Prince William Boys’ and Girls’ Club regret to inform you that the upcoming event, “The Battle of the Potomac” must be postponed. The circumstances under which this decision was made involved last minute insurance constraints that arose and could not be resolved, especially in light of the most recent and tragic events in paintball. We do apologize for the inconvenience; this has inconvenienced and cost us all. However, the safety and well-being of our players and sport far outweigh the inconveniences and cost to our organizations and individuals. It is not an easy decision that we faced yesterday. We were well aware of the ramifications of our actions and the cost to all involved if this game was postponed. However, our love for the sport and the players is far greater. We are professionals and as professionals we must look beyond the short term needs and affects and would NEVER jeopardize our players’ safety and well-being.

We are currently reviewing our calendars to find a suitable date to reschedule this event. At this time, we are looking at early November; we will have a solid date within the next few days.

BlackCat Paintball Productions will be more than happy to assist in the following manner:

We have two, 24 hour events scheduled in May. One is in Strasburg, VA at Skyline Paintball, near Winchester, VA, on May 15-16, 2004, entitled, “Contagion”. The second event is in Freedom, PA, near Pittsburgh at Three Rivers Paintball on May 29-30, 2004, entitled, “March on Moscow”. If you wish to transfer your registration to either of these two events we will consider you pre-registered for the event and include a $35 paint credit coupon in your player packet. For more information about either of these events, please visit, http://www.blackcat-productions.com/calendar.html.

Millennium Paintball Productions will be more than happy to assist in the following manner:

Anyone who purchased airline tickets and have incurred cost for rescheduling, or are unable to reschedule, will be given an entry into any Millennium Productions’ event, compliments of Millennium Productions, http://www.MPPGames.com .

We know that these options are not going to retrieve you your airfare and all your costs incurred, but we are willing to do what we can to assist in offsetting some of the costs at OUR expense.

For those who paid via snail mail, your checks will be returned to you if you do not wish to transfer your registration to an upcoming event.

For the individuals and teams who registered via PayPal, we will be issuing refund checks to you first thing Monday morning if you do not wish to transfer your registration.

We understand the need for people to vent their frustrations about this. However, please keep in mind that this was not done maliciously or with negligence. The safety of our players and the future of our sport, especially in such trying times, was the catalyst for our decision.

If you have any further questions, concerns, or arrangements, please email us at Kitty@BlackCat-Productions.com.

Thank you.

Xyxyll
04-13-2004, 04:53 PM
sucks... :/

Got the call yesterday when I was out college shopping. :(

Major Ho
04-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Do'eth. I just got the call. Really nice guy by the way. I had my registration fee transfered to the strasburg "contagion" game. too bad TK wont be there :(
Maybe Ill see some of you guys there?

matmc89
04-16-2004, 05:53 PM
im considering going, but i need to start saving funds for shatnerball too. . .

Xyxyll
05-06-2004, 05:37 PM
I'm going up to Contagion with about 8+ people. A handful of us from TVI will also be there. Feel free to stop by the campsite and say hi.

Major Ho
05-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Ooh Ooh Me too. I dunno what desitinctive features to look for but my buddy and I will be there. I have a very loud(boss 5.0 kind of loud) green jeep grand cherokee with two Pevs stickers on the tailgate. We'll be in camo but that doesnt help you eh? ;)

Xyxyll
05-07-2004, 04:38 PM
:D You may not recognize TVI from the start, but as the game progresses I'm sure you'll learn us all by name. ;)