PDA

View Full Version : Marker Advice

Marauder04
03-08-2004, 09:45 AM
So, I shoot an Emag, and I absolutely love it. I recently came into posession of a NVG Scope, and I seek to mount it on my marker as a means of simpler and more effective use. I have been eyeing the Tac Ones since they came out, and from what I've seen and heard, I am quite impressed. I was wondering if y'all think it would be advisable I simply buy a Tac One body to use with my Emag, or simply buy a Tac One marker and use it as a Night Marker.

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

Thanks!
From one AGD lover to some others :)

lbonettosd
03-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Welcome to AO!

The Tac One is a very nice body, but here's how I'd look at it. The cost of the body is $200 (probably around $185 from Tunaman), The cost of the Tac One marker is $475 + shipping (from Tunaman). Now I would probably just buy the marker for a couple of reasons:
1.) You'd now have a completely mech backup (not like you'd need it)
2.) You could take the body and put it on the emag, then put your emag body on the Tac Ones rail & trigger frame. Then chose you have a couple of options: (A) sell it recouping the money for the body and then some or (B) keep it and make it a loaner for friends.

I could keep going, but theres my $.02 :)

DragonMan
03-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Here is what I'm doing...
E-Mag with Warp Feed is being used for day time play as is.
The Tac One is being outfitted with the NV, smaller hopper, 45/45 Crossfire tank and will be used for night play.

So in a nut shell. One AGD product for daytime and one seperate AGD product for night play. No fuss. No muss. Always ready to play!

If you are nice, Phil, I might let you hold the Tac at Deathlands. ;)

D-Man

doc_Zox
03-09-2004, 12:38 PM
you could prolly get a piece of weaver rail and mount it on the side using the top rail mounting points

thats what i did on my Viking

i used longer detent mounting screws:
http://www.darkviking.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10060/reddot.jpg

http://www.darkviking.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=6&pos=4

tjmpaintball06
03-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Thats an awesome viking. I love that laser mod. GJ!:eek: