09-27-2006, 10:24 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2226858

:cheers:

zackzel
09-28-2006, 12:46 AM
So i was at work today when I stumbled uppon a heavy box that said "mag" on it. So i open it up and theres a TON of un-annodized micromag bodies. They are all powerfeed but they include pretty much everything.. foregrip, feed, and body.

Anyway, what do you guys think there each worth? Some have a couple minor dings.. but nothing major at all. Ive noticed they dont have ball detents also.. :tard: :ninja:

I think maybe you should just drop that box in the mail with my name on it so I can give you a good opinion on them, and hope you forget you sent them :D

shaunyoung000
09-28-2006, 01:28 AM
70-100 each i would think, however, they may be more

SpitFire1299
09-28-2006, 06:53 AM
I can get them drilled for angel or cocker detents. :clap: They will come with detents drilled.

Pneumagger
09-28-2006, 07:39 AM
I mean, you can get good looking sets in the BST for $90-$100 Detents could be hard to find as well as paying for an anodize finish. Without detents or anodize... Maybe $50 dollars apiece.

EDIT: do they have the SS rings installed yet for the valve and bolt? Without those, they may eb worth alot less.

SpitFire1299
09-28-2006, 08:01 AM
The steel rings are in the bodies. I could anno them also for $10 or something a piece, but I may need the money first.

However the polished alum. looks pretty cool.

SpitFire1299
09-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Also I can get pump kits!!! :hail: How much do those go for?

SlartyBartFast
09-28-2006, 08:11 AM
The steel rings are in the bodies.
Remeber to take them out before annodizing!

I could anno them also for $10 or something a piece, but I may need the money first.
EEK! 10$ ? Please don’t destroy them with a cheap anno job!
Sell them to Nicad, Tunaman, or Rogue unfinished. Let someone with the skills and resources customise, annodise, and finish them.
Otherwise, you’re just going to decrease their value....

psychowarden
09-28-2006, 08:16 AM
Would you perchance have any powerfeed right?

SpitFire1299
09-28-2006, 08:17 AM
Remeber to take them out before annodizing!

EEK! 10$ ? Please don’t destroy them with a cheap anno job!
Sell them to Nicad, Tunaman, or Rogue unfinished. Let someone with the skills and resources customise, annodise, and finish them.
Otherwise, you’re just going to decrease their value....
Im not going to personally annodize them. My boss gets his "stuff" annoed by the same company Harley Davidson gets there stuff annoed by. Ive seen their work and its really nice. It wouldnt cost much to do a couple massive batchs.

I could probley sell them all.. Im for sure keeping 1. I believe there are 50 in the box. So for all of them un-annoed I wouldnt mind doing $40 each if the whole box is bought. Otherwise $50 annoed and drilled with angel detents. Im not going to sell garbage to anyone. If its flawed, it goes back in the box.

AGDRetro
09-28-2006, 08:24 AM
I'd buy one right now, if they were gloss black and had the Angel threaded detent! Let us know when you are ready to sell these babies!

Draken
09-28-2006, 08:32 AM
I'll buy one unannoed w/ no detent....I have an idea for it :D

shorty24
09-28-2006, 08:53 AM
I'll jump in line for one (annoed gloss black...) :ninja:

mobsterboy
09-28-2006, 08:56 AM
I'll take one with a cocker detent, annoed blue if possible

ahellers
09-28-2006, 09:47 AM
id probably take one, considering my wife wouldnt kill me for buying more stuff :D
t

shives007
09-28-2006, 10:04 AM
How about throwing us a pic or two of things as they are?

What colo anno are you thinking about doing?

Wish I still had an extra valve laying around.

Put me on the list for one, I guess.

Shives

Pneumagger
09-28-2006, 10:33 AM
put me in line for one i guess. I'll have to be making a pneumag version 2.0 if i get rid of my baby.

PM me with details on a raw aluminum with angel detents.... did you say you were putting real threaded feed on them too :wow:

SummaryJudgement
09-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Can I get pics? Are the doies with the detents incorporated into the body, or are they bolt-on? Do the bodies have a flat back where the valve meets the body, or does the body slat over the top of the valve? Do the powerfeeds slide into a body groove, or are they older bodies with the powerfeeds bolted on seperatly?

I'm trying to get a gauge as to the period they were made. Are all of them exactly the same or are there any variations?

I'd be interested in at least one.

Pics or info please :D

Thanks, and lucky find!!!

SummaryJudgement
09-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Can I get pics? Are the bodies with the detents incorporated into the body, or are they bolt-on? Do the bodies have a flat back where the valve meets the body, or does the body slat over the top of the valve? Do the powerfeeds slide into a body groove, or are they older bodies with the powerfeeds bolted on seperatly?

I'm trying to get a gauge as to the period they were made. Are all of them exactly the same or are there any variations?

I'd be interested in at least one.

Pics or info please :D

Thanks, and lucky find!!!

SpitFire1299
09-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Sounds good guys. Ill get some pictures when i get home today. :)

The detents would be bolt on.. like the ULE bodies. The powerfeeds are bolt on also. Same with the foregrip. The powerfeed plug is aluminum and looks Really cool. :p

Pneumagger
09-28-2006, 12:55 PM
are any vert feed?

craltal
09-28-2006, 01:08 PM
ahem... guess that MOTM is going to your head...

:D

They are all powerfeed but they include pretty much everything.. foregrip, feed, and body.

AGDRetro
09-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Just another question, the sear pins... are they the push pin or screw-in pin design?

manwe33
09-28-2006, 01:53 PM
do you have a right and left feed ones. if so i would take one of each both raw with detents.

doc_Zox
09-28-2006, 02:19 PM
tell me of these "Pump Kits"

shaunyoung000
09-28-2006, 02:23 PM
could you get one acid washed, if so, I might take one.

phizz
09-28-2006, 02:27 PM
well if there is a line i'm in. My choice would be gloss black.

Tool-of-death
09-28-2006, 02:32 PM
tell me of these "Pump Kits"

It converts your automag into a pump,

How ever I dont think it'll work on a unibody like the micro mags...

I've been wrong before though....

SpitFire1299
09-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Ill update you guys on the pump kits. Im not exactly sure how many there are but so far there is one with a rail, pump arm, and the rest of the stuff for a pump.

doc_Zox
09-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Ill update you guys on the pump kits. Im not exactly sure how many there are but so far there is one with a rail, pump arm, and the rest of the stuff for a pump.

i have a pump body & i am looking for the rest of the parts

hows 100 bucks sound?

kruger
09-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Put me in line for one, with detents and gloss black body

tae
09-28-2006, 08:13 PM
I'd be interested in a raw one if possible. If not I'm still interested.

And you say you have pump kits too?

SpitFire1299
09-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Im going to put detents on guns tommorrow afternoon, and ill start off selling them raw. :)

Draken
09-28-2006, 09:55 PM
i don't need a detent, i have plenty of cocker detents sitting around, so i'll drill and tap for that :) PM me paypal info :clap:

sniper1rfa
09-28-2006, 09:58 PM
i'll take one of the body kits... how much you want for them? I might even buy two, depending. I like micromags...

I would highly suggest not drilling the bodies for detents unless asked by the buyer. I know i for one won't buy one if it has a hole in it. I have or can make detents.

Draken
09-28-2006, 10:01 PM
i'll take one of the body kits... how much you want for them? I might even buy two, depending. I like micromags...

I would highly suggest not drilling the bodies for detents unless asked by the buyer. I know i for one won't buy one if it has a hole in it. I have or can make detents.

I agree, some people might have plenty of detents laying around, or maybe want to set up wire detents...Don't want a detent in it personaly till i put the one i want in it

grEnAlEins
09-28-2006, 10:05 PM
I would like one I guess. What color annos can you get done? I guess raw would be cool if you cannot get the color I want. Interested for sure though. Shoot me a PM if you have one for me please... :D

sniper1rfa
09-28-2006, 10:09 PM
oh man... i think i am going to buy one and use the slot for the detent to use a wire detent.

I love wire detents, because a replacement is just one paperclip away.

mobsterboy
09-28-2006, 10:56 PM
pm me a place to ship a money order, who to make it to and how much for one of these raw angel detented bodies.

psychowarden
09-28-2006, 11:29 PM
So....do you have any right powerfeed? I want a Micromag warp/pneumag project.

kruger
09-28-2006, 11:40 PM
would like to see pics......

Jaan
09-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Please put me in line for one. I would love a hopper right (powerfeed left) one if you have any. Thanks.

SpitFire1299
09-29-2006, 09:24 AM
EDIT-
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203803

StygShore
09-29-2006, 09:36 AM
WE WANT PICTURES!....please

Few questions for you :

Is the body already milled with a slot for the PTP style detent on it?

Are you drilling them for cocker detent right through said slot, or drilling the other side of the body?

Do they have grip frames already? ( didnt see it in your list, but you did say "everything")

Are the pump kits for the PTP bodies or for the specific Pump Mag bodies?

Why can't I find a random box of money making goodness?

Styg

Muzikman
09-29-2006, 09:39 AM
No one has asked the simple question. What generation body is it? If you are talking about drilling detents I will assume it's a gen 1 or 2 body. If you have a box of Gen 1 bodies (they had non-removable barrels) they are worth a lot more than you are talking. If you have a box of gen 2's. I personally don't think they are worth all that much. Most Gen 2 Micro's had problems and many of which were caused by the body.

Edit, oh and unless someone did some slick custom milling, you can't put a pump kit on a Micromag body.

grEnAlEins
09-29-2006, 09:41 AM
No one has asked the simple question. What generation body is it? If you are talking about drilling detents I will assume it's a gen 1 or 2 body. If you have a box of Gen 1 bodies (they had non-removable barrels) they are worth a lot more than you are talking. If you have a box of gen 2's. I personally don't think they are worth all that much. Most Gen 2 Micro's had problems and many of which were caused by the body.

Edit, oh and unless someone did some slick custom milling, you can't put a pump kit on a Micromag body.
I didn't even think to ask...

Spitfire, you have PM

sniper1rfa
09-29-2006, 10:16 AM
i gotta say, this thread is worthless without pics.

Can you supply us with pics? i dont want to buy a body and find out its junk...

Thanks. Count me in for one if they are good, but i wont be home until monday (castle conquest :clap: )

:)

SpitFire1299
09-29-2006, 12:53 PM
You guys asked for pictures, so here they are- :D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/PwrMugen/IMG_0012.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/PwrMugen/IMG_0012.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/PwrMugen/IMG_0011.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/PwrMugen/IMG_0011.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/PwrMugen/IMG_0010.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/PwrMugen/IMG_0010.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/PwrMugen/IMG_0007.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/PwrMugen/IMG_0007.jpg

:cheers:

grEnAlEins
09-29-2006, 12:55 PM
those sure are purdy. I will send an MO out on monday :cool:

Muzikman
09-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Odd, a Gen II body without a detent.

StygShore
09-29-2006, 01:24 PM
very odd... its like they aren't completed yet - didnt all the PTP guns that had detents have that silly spring loaded blastig arm into the breech?

One thing to note, the edges of the body are angles, it does not appear they use the newere threaded sear axle, so you will need to either tap it to take the newer axles, or have an old style frame that comes up over the body to hold the pin in place. Or get out the electrical tape :)

I guess one thing we should have asked... why did the shop have this box of unfinished micromag bodies in the first place? did they used to do custom work? Were they rejects from factory they wanted to do somethign with?

styg

MechMags
09-29-2006, 01:44 PM
I could easily be interested in 2 of those $55 dollar bodies... ($55 Raw(polished), detent hole and detent installed)

pump kit.. hmm i have been lookin' for another one of those.... :wow:

Virem
09-29-2006, 02:06 PM
I would like one also. Are you planning on doing one detent or two?

P.S. Make sure the rings inside are masked when you annodize them or you are gonna have a mess on your hands.

Muzikman
09-29-2006, 02:08 PM
very odd... its like they aren't completed yet - didnt all the PTP guns that had detents have that silly spring loaded blastig arm into the breech?

One thing to note, the edges of the body are angles, it does not appear they use the newere threaded sear axle, so you will need to either tap it to take the newer axles, or have an old style frame that comes up over the body to hold the pin in place. Or get out the electrical tape :)

I guess one thing we should have asked... why did the shop have this box of unfinished micromag bodies in the first place? did they used to do custom work? Were they rejects from factory they wanted to do somethign with?

styg

You are correct, they use the old sear pins which used the wings on the grip frame to hold them in.

All MicroMags used the spring loaded arm style detent. in the Gen I's and II's it was a one piece plastic detent that was bolted on to the side. The newer Micro's had the body of the detent milled into the body. It was a nice nicer looking design, but sucked when it came to replacing, cleaning or rebuilding.

Virem
09-29-2006, 02:23 PM
the actualy micromag detents suck anyway. As long as a cocker detent gets put in the correct place, it should work better.

SpitFire1299
09-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Ill make sure it is all done correctly, if not i will give you a full refund.

Im not sure why he had so many bodies, but he had them for Many years.

The bodies are complete other then the ball detents. I dont really know the whole story, but as long as they come with a detent then im sure everyone will be happy. :D

pwpaintball
09-29-2006, 07:18 PM
I will take 2 raw with cocker ball detents and 1 pump raw with cocker ball detent. Thanks
Paul

going_home
09-29-2006, 09:51 PM

I need the complete kit and rail.
I have a couple powerfeed pump bodies.
How much ?

:)

ahellers
10-06-2006, 01:12 PM
are these still available?
t