PDA

View Full Version : Venom Wear

Motrin870
10-05-2014, 03:22 AM
What are these items worth now a days? They don't fit me anymore and i'm considering selling. I've been told a few numbers and they sounded stupid high.

Konigballer
10-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Honestly, it probably WOULD sell for a stupid high price. The place to move this stuff is on PBN. It makes no sense, but all the younger players think Venom Wear, and old JT mask straps, are the best thing since sliced bread. They pay big money for it too. Search around there to get an idea of what other Venom wear products have sold for. Then you can post an ad with a better idea what to ask for up front.

Motrin870
10-09-2014, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the info and PBN reference i'll check it out! Funny thing is... I have one of those older JT masks too, to include the straps! I probably won't part with the Venom Wear head gear but the old uniforms don't fit me anymore... and I might need to sell em' to support the "getting back into paintball" fund. I've already dropped more cash than what I probably should have. Paintball has gotten more expensive than it used to be apparently... over 200 bucks for paintball pants are you kidding me!!?? I keep my eyes on Ebay for good deals.

Konigballer
10-09-2014, 01:11 PM
I think paintball is cheaper than it was in the 90's, and you can get better guns for the money than you could back then. I spent $450-475 in '95 for a Tippmann Pro-Lite 'player package' with the gun, JT Spectra, and CO2 tank. Just the base Minimag, with no tank/hopper or anything, was still $600! For that same price I paid nowadays you could get a budget electro that would blow the pants off a Pro-Lite performance wise. Good paintball pants are expensive, but if you look at how many little design features are packed into them it's amazing. Paintball pants in the late 90's were still little more than glorified gym pants. I finally got my first pair of paintball pants after playing forever last year, some nice Empire '13 LTD pants, and after handling and wearing them on the field I can see why they cost what they do. It's night and day from the cargo pants/bdu's I wore for years!

ScottyBeans
10-09-2014, 04:41 PM
I''ll second that. If there's paintball clothing that's worth the price, it's pants. They make all the difference

bowcycle
10-09-2014, 08:07 PM
I hate BDU's. Been wearing JT pants for a long time and it's been nice to see how they've improved over the years. Although it seems like people are moving away from nice pockets. I hate that. I'm not a pro player, but it'd be nice to have pro-quality pants with enough pockets for my phone, keys, wallet, and knife.

TyeStick
10-17-2014, 02:02 AM
I used to wear those JT cargo pants back in the day... I remember Sports Authority selling them. I had brown ones green ones and black ones!

As far as the Venom Wear goes, I'm sure it'll fetch a premium on Pbnation, but I honestly have no idea what they would sell for. I would love to have one of those Sandanas though!

bowcycle
10-17-2014, 11:50 AM
There was some venom wear in Maggot's thread that went for $300 and wasn't a complete set and the pants were in pieces.