PDA

View Full Version : Feeder System

Psychedelic
04-30-2002, 08:19 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows of any ball feeders that go on your back and runs the balls through a tube to your gun?

FrAuStY
04-30-2002, 09:43 AM
LOL omg... I have thought about making one of these myself.. I don't believe anyone makes them..but they do make a warp feed. Check out www.airgun.com and look them up.Peace :o

FrAuStY
04-30-2002, 03:54 PM
Now.. I must elaborate on my idea... I should get it patented. Instead of load like the warp does...this would load like a corkscrew.. picture the tube being a little larger than the warp tube. Now, inside that tube you a silicone-coated plastic spring looking thing-a-ma-bobber. On your back it would a back-pack style hopper. it could hold lets say 500 paintballs. Now one end of this spring thingy would lay horizontally in the bottom of your back pack. The other end would be near the feed tube of your gun. This would be connected to a motor by having a gear run the entire cirumference of the spring. (Tubular impellar you could call it) This would be driven by an electric clutch of sometype (so it doesn't cram paintballs into your feedtube causing them to burst)hooked up to the motor. Then as the motor turned.. it would "suck" paintballs in by the bottom and force feed them into the gun. I know it would work.. but it would just take lots of money and time to produce. Everyone mark my stating this first :) in case someone produces it down the road.

AGD if you're interested... maybe I can be a benificiary if you want my design!! lol

Patron God of Pirates
04-30-2002, 03:58 PM
Is the warp feeds motor even strong enough to pull that off?
I think you would need to string together two (maybe three) warps, all itellifed.

Then you would need to rig up some kind of ultimate hopper for your back. It would also have to be electronic, but the way I picture it (refitting a 5 gallon gas can) the motor out of your standard agitator won't be able to move the balls (to much weight). Perhaps the 5 Gallon would trap door feed into a standard revy whenever it got low (electronic eye or something).

Now you need some way to prevent balls from breaking in the line by being crushed. For this we run the hose over your shoulder and top feed the gun gun instead to around your side. The hose behind you actually runs back up through the 5 gallon to prevent it from being crushed when you lay down.

Yeah :rolleyes: that should do it. OK, I was joking, but it could work.

Psychedelic
04-30-2002, 05:35 PM
My friend told me about one that is like a backpack and it holds 2000 rounds... but he doesn't remember what it was called, or how much it was (lotta help he is)

blackmag3
04-30-2002, 09:58 PM
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/zapam98/newprod/index.shtml#promag

promag600 back feeding system. not sure if it will ever come out but hey someone is working on it.

alany
05-02-2002, 08:29 AM
The warp motor may be strong enough. But I've only gotten the warp to push balls through 2 feet of hose. The disks slipping past the balls limits the force you can apply to the ball stack. It would need some modification for backpack use.

FrAuStY
05-02-2002, 01:39 PM
Warp motor? No no no... my version would not use the warp motor.. sorry I mentioned something like the warp motor. I'm talking going down to a hobby shop and buying an rc motor, like a 40,000 rpm motor running on 7.2 volts (RC car battery) This would be hooked up to a gear system that would turn the screw-in-the-tube approximately 1000 rpm. This would carry the balls relatively quickly. The clutch system would have to use sometype of elctro-mechanical clutch or the infared eyes like that in the viewloader, just mounted near the feedtube of the gun. (it would shut off power to motor once a certain amount of resistance is reached. It could even run on current, the more the motor has to work..the more current it pulls. Once it reached a certain amperage the system would stop.)
I checked out the above link.. they say they use air to propel the paint through the tube. Thats asinine. Why would you want to have a 1000psi tank inside with your paint? Thats heavy! Now I really wish I had the time and material to make this work. It would OWN any loader system out there!