PDA

View Full Version : How do you shorten the trigger pull on a RT pro

JEDI
05-02-2002, 02:02 PM
How do I shorten the trigger pull on a newer RT pro with an itelliframe. It doesn't have to be much, I'm just curious about what can be done.

riceetr69
05-02-2002, 02:38 PM
you can adjust your trigger pull thru the sear. you can either use a needle nose pliers or vice grip to un thread the sear. be careful when unthread the sean pin you can bend out the sear itself

FrAuStY
05-02-2002, 03:24 PM
My advice would be to... NOT CHANGE THE SEAR RODS LENGTH! Don't screw or unscrew the sear rod that hits the back of the trigger. This will create a problem with short stroking since the on/off valve doesn't completely open or close. Since you got an intelliframe, you should just learn the trigger you have. It's not going to get much shorter. Thats the "Mag" snappy trigger. You could try to adjust the input pressure if you have an adjustable tank. This will "tune" the reactiveness of the trigger. Don't go below 650 psi, if you do then you will most likely starve the internal reg causing shoot-down during high ROF. (Which is why you want a shorter trigger) If you do what I did when I got my Mag68, just keep a full tank laying around.. when you're alone or won't bother anyone just dry fire it. Learn the trigger. Start of slow pulses and eventually you won't even need to think about it and will pull 4-6 rps bursts. Maybe higher if you want to go there. AGD recommends 3 shot bursts. ;) Whatever you do.. don't adjust the sear rod.

*Also* riceetr69-
Not to be mean.. but don't you think that bending the stainless-steel sear by unscrewing a small pin, MEANS it's not supposed to be done? If it were meant to be adjusted it would be a little easier to move ;)

TransMan
05-02-2002, 04:45 PM
its not too hard to unscrew if u put it in warm water to loosen the loktite but dont do it regardless of how easy or hard it is ur gun wont shoot right nad u will have to send it off to agd for them to readjust it

Xzion
05-02-2002, 11:29 PM
Unfortunatly, shortening or lengthening the trigger rod doesnt -really- effect the trigger pull, it'll just take out the slack between the tip of the rod, and the trigger, either way your going to have to move the sear enough for the gun to cycle, any adjustments to the trigger rod will probably shorten the pull to a negligible point, all the while potentially messing up what little 'timing' the mag has, and causing problems both in the short, and long run with shootdown, and ultimately faster worn sears and bolts.

FreshmanBob
05-03-2002, 06:43 AM
ravi chopra reviewed the galactic Z on/off replacement kit for the RT. It makes the trigger so the higher the pressure the shorter it gets

JEDI
05-03-2002, 08:54 AM
Thanks Frausty, thanks guys. I'll leave it how it is. I dont wanna screw up a new mag for an insignificant reason.

FrAuStY
05-03-2002, 01:04 PM
No problem.. I have just seen people at fields messing with the MAG (?!?!) trying to get it to shoot right after someone mentioned that mod to make the trigger pull shorter. I was like... mang..why'd you have to go and do that?!?! Oh well.. to each their own and you CAN learn from other's mistakes. Welcome ;)

xmetal2001
05-04-2002, 09:33 PM
yeah, i just thought i might say i agree, if your not convinced yet. Messing with your trigger rod is one of the few ways you can mess up a mag.