PDA

View Full Version : Need help on a RT

RTuser
05-02-2002, 10:05 PM
Ok, I have an old RT,and I had to replace the buffer on the bolt a while back. Now my bolt keeps catching after I pull the trigger a couple times. Sometimes if I press down on the bolt protruding fro the back it loosens up but sometimes it just stays stuck until i take it apart. Any reasons why the bolt would catch? Thanks.

a_malfunction
05-02-2002, 10:49 PM
What is it catching on? I think you might be describing bolt stick. Does it leak air when it does this? You might need a longer powertube spacer.

RTuser
05-02-2002, 10:58 PM
Currently it is. Occassionally my RT will be firing and it will spurt out some air, the recock and keepfiring.

RobAGD
05-03-2002, 12:58 PM
Sounds liek your getting some binding or something along that line, maybe bolt stick.

#1 Make sure to oil your gun using Goldcup or KC Trouble free

#2 Make sure your are using parts from teh RT Parts kit. Using a blue bumper from an Automag Parts kit will cause problems.

#3 Take your gun apart and slide the bolt back and forth on teh power tube, make sure you are turning teh bolt slowly and see if you get a small grap or binding that way, if you do then you need to find out whats hitting.

Take out the Power Tube Spacer and re do the slide test. If your getting that binding with no spacer then you have a problem with teh PT Tip or Bolt.

-Robert

RTuser
05-03-2002, 03:25 PM
Yeah it's a blue bumper, figures he'd slap it in here intead of getting me an automag rt part thanks .