PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing Trigger on a Classic

pumpamatic
05-02-2002, 10:21 PM
Does anyone else have this same...er... thing happen? I shoot my classic mag with a Dye double on it and the trigger sort of bounces of my finger. I keep pressure on the trigger through the whole pull, and at the end of the trigger return, sometimes it will bounce with a little bit of pressure applied to it. This one day my friend says shoot your mag I mean to pull the trigger once and it sort of bounced and shot twice. Today I was dry-firing slowly and did it a couple of times, it also would bounce and fire normal twice then shortstroke. One time I got it to do a string of 4 by bouncing. I don't know if this is very normal, and my mag is all stock, not a lot of recoil about it, I'm not sure if anything has been modified, I bought it used. I wish I could do it more often though.

FrAuStY
05-03-2002, 10:01 AM
It sounds to me like its a sear problem. Mine does this occasionally but it is because it Short stroked it. (didn't go from all the way forward to all the way back) When you shoot it... squeeze the trigger with a snap. Also it could be the sear rod is out of adjustment for that frame. I've heard that dye frames aren't too good with mags since they are out of tolerance ranges once they are built. My suggestion would be to inspect the sear and make sure the part that contacts the bolt isn't rounded off. If it is..replace it. If not... get a new frame, better yet an intelliframe (LOL)

pumpamatic
05-03-2002, 11:47 PM
There is a little bit worn off the sear, nothing from the bolt. It's not like it's totally a bad thing. I don't shortstroke very often with my Dye frame in a game situation, just when pulling very slowly. I still love the pull. And would pay a whopping amount more than I did for the Dye to an Intelliframe.

blackmag3
05-04-2002, 09:34 PM
my classic valve has double fired on me before on 2 occasions. after degassing and getting the valve in my hand i went to check the reg seat and it fell out. after putting a new one in the problem was fixed.