PDA

View Full Version : Co2 and bolt stick

Rob_Evanson
05-03-2002, 06:53 AM
I have just recently started getting a bolt sticking problem. I can fire a few shots in a row and then instead of a hard trigger pull, it is soft and the gas just squirts out (sorry thats the best description I can give) It's like theres no air in the valve to power the bolt. I twist my barrel (Dye Boomstick) as if I was going to take it off and it clicks back into place, this does not always happen, I sometimes have to push the bolt in with a screw driver or something like that. I've found that if I crono at about 320 -350 ( I don't play at that velocity) then I have no problems, but if I lower it to the legal limit the problem comes back. Any ideas??

FrAuStY
05-03-2002, 09:41 AM
Try a shorter powertube spacer. The longer one in there no squishes the o-ring too much causing it to seal too tight around the bolt. When you put the shorter one in there it will lessen the pressure on the o-ring allowing a softer fit. Heres the PT spacers if you don't know what I'm talking about.
Powertube Spacer Kit (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=20&CATID=6)

Xzion
05-04-2002, 01:06 AM
The spacer doesnt put any pressure on the O-Ring, but just adjusts its location along the power tube, a too short of power tube spacer will cause bolt stick, as the center bolt pin seats too far down on the oring, and when you fire, the spring isn't strong enough to push the bolt pin back that deep into the o-ring, which your doing when you push it down with a screwdriver. What you want is the next size larger spacer, so that the bolt pin will seat on the o-ring, but not cause enough friction to prevent the bolt from returning to its 'ready to fire' position. A shorter spacer will cure barrel leak. The idea is to find the spot where the bolt wont stick, and you wont get barrel leak. Installing a shorter power tube spacer, will only make your bolt stick worse.