PDA

View Full Version : lowest okay temp for a mag on co2

complicationjack
05-03-2002, 03:03 PM
what temp is the lowest you can go with co2 and still stay in the game with out that stupid slow recharge you get will co2 - you know that sound... sends sivers up me spine. (just co2 straight hooked up to valve...that's my setup...it's usually for nitro)

long story short...i have to use co2 this weekend and am trying to figure ut if i should let a friend come along and use my spyder, or if i should play it safe and keep that for me (i hope i don't have to use it) incase my mag starts acting up because the co2 is too nasty cold dirty allaround sucky.

thanks

FrAuStY
05-03-2002, 06:31 PM
Why you using co2? In yer sig it shows 68 cu N2? Does the field yer going to not have an air fill station? Get a scuba tank! WOOHOO! Anyway.. I really don't know the physical properties of c02 all that well.. not sure what its boiling point is? You want temp above the boiling point I know that. I think :confused:

TransMan
05-04-2002, 12:57 AM
umm im not sure that any temp is good

gimp
05-05-2002, 03:36 PM
I've used my mag with CO2 when there was snow on the ground, so it was probably below 30 degrees. It will work, it won't last long though. Try wrapping the tank in something, I used an old shirt to keep it a little warmer, and that actually helped a little bit.

paint magnet
05-05-2002, 04:54 PM
Tuck the tank under your armpit when you carry it, it helps.

Cristobal
05-05-2002, 10:40 PM
Besides temperature, the other thing to consider is how the co2 is going into the gun: even if it's warm out, if you suck liquid, you could have problems. A remote or properly set up anti-siphon tank would be a good idea if you have one. Failing that, running vertical bottle or using an angled drop can help keep liquid out. If you have either an expansion chamber or (even better) a co2 friendly secondary regulator like a palmer stabilizer laying around, I'd definitely use it as well.

RJR99SS
05-06-2002, 01:56 AM
i've used co2 in my mag at around 35 degrees out. honestly, co2 is nowhere near as bad as some people make it sound; you just have to take the necessary precautions. I'm using and xchamber and an anti siphon tank, no problems yet.

alot of people tell me to switch to nitro or compressed air. but where i live nobody fills nitro, and scuba shops are rather thin on the ground in ohio...

but they way i see it, co2 is just plain cheaper too. a bulletproof co2 setup will cost just about as much as one nitrogen tank will cost you.

heck even in tournys i travel to where i can get nitro i just use co2, just to be diffent; people act astonished that my gun even works, and they get pretty mad when i shoot them...

just my 2 cents...

complicationjack
05-06-2002, 07:28 AM
haha, the field i played at filled compressed air to my surprise! oh well, i'll forget my co2 troubles untill another day.

personman
05-09-2002, 07:07 PM
lol, when I was still on Co2, my mag was like 1 big sock.
I had 2 socks over the tank, and one over the valve. Of corse, that was in winter, and I wasnt playing. :) Yet my mag had water all around the valve. :(