PDA

View Full Version : Just joined the family!

Severe
05-05-2002, 05:59 PM
Hey all,

On Friday I placed my order for my first 'mag. I'm getting a TKO set-up. I was completely sold on it after playing the previous weekend with a good friends 'mag.

I'm already ordering a few things to add to it, but the one thing I'm stuck on is the drop forward. I'm partial to long DF's but I'm worried about the clearance of the gas-through with the 90-degree macroline connector. So I'm looking for advice/suggestions. Espcially from previous TKO owners who've addressed this issue.

I can't wait for next weekend now!

Thanks ahead of time for any help/suggestions you guys provide.

Severe

Tunaman
05-05-2002, 06:23 PM
Well welcome to AO! You are gonna love your mag and good luck with it. If you need any help with it just look me up! :D :cool: :D :cool:

e9mm
05-05-2002, 06:46 PM
Welcome Fellow Paintballer....Mags Rlue all else drule:eek:

These guy's are GREAT they have help me with my new Rt Pro Breaking paint. :D :D :rolleyes: :p :eek: :)

Xzion
05-05-2002, 07:30 PM
Welcome to AO! and good luck with your first 'mag! :)

When it comes to Drop Forward/Tank setups, one big thing I can suggest is, plan ahead and think carefully about it, along with some research. I had so many problems just getting my tank to work well with my current drop, it gave me headaches just thinking about it.

Also, when you get your setup, measure the foregrip and look around at drops accordingly, the Drop Zone II drops down a couple inches, and I wouldn't think there would be many foregrips that would actually hit it. Shocktech drops also seem to work well, and might clear your foregrip.

Hope this helps and at least gives you somewhere to start your research.

FrAuStY
05-06-2002, 09:59 AM
Well Well Well... look at my sig.. lol its a BLACK TKO?! OMG! Anyway on a more serious note. The ACI gas-thru foregrip is a pain when it comes to DF's. I had to plug the bottom inlet hole and then drill and re-tap a hole for the 90* to come out the side. This made room for my DZII. This pic was before my gas-thru mod, so the macro's running all over the gun lol. Other than that...you'll be very pleased with the TKO..I am. I'll try to post some more pics of my gun with the modded gas-thru.. Woohoo.. BTW.. if you're gonna tap a new hole.. get a 1/8 NPT tap from Sears. 5$..

Krazy Ivan
05-06-2002, 10:10 AM
If you want a drop to accomodate a tank of..say 68ci, you can get the CP flame drop which will drop it decently forward and almost 2' down. I also went with the KAPP gas-thru, you can also use a System-X gas-thru. Those 2 are the shortest in the industry. I just went through the same predicament to fit a 68ci Max-Flo on my Mini-mag!

bjjb99
05-06-2002, 10:57 AM
I took a look at all the gas-through grips out there and finally decided on none of them. I ended up with a standard foregrip with a KAPP Drop Zone II drop forward for my 68ci tank. To route the gas where it was needed, I used a one foot length of grease gun line with quick disconnects on both ends. The line runs parallel with the foregrip and then loops up and over the powerfeed on the Mag body to the A.I.R. valve input. Works like a champ for an old lefty like myself.

BJJB

Severe
05-06-2002, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I'm currently leaning towards the PMI Drop Forward. They have it for $22 at Firstcallpaintball which seems very reasonable.

Frausty, did you TKO come in black or did you paint it? If you painted it, please recommend a paint or method. Thanks! I'm wanting to do my entire gun in a matte black look. I'll be looking to get the I-frame with blade trigger once my credit card stops smoldering some. :)

Severe

Xzion
05-06-2002, 05:44 PM
Severe; if your looking to have your marker painted, I highly reccomend Powdercoating. do a search on the forum for either 'powdercoating' or Redrider87, he does amazing work.