PDA

View Full Version : Warp Feed Problem

RATM
05-06-2002, 07:53 PM
Got a warp(AGD) a couple of months ago. Used it fine on my powerfeed TKO mag for a couple of games. Just got a Z-grip and a CP flame drop with on/off ASA. Hook everything up and for some reason my Warp won't spin when i fire. It's not even reacting to the recoil. I turned the sensitivity all the way up, and when placing the covering plate back on it did spin from that vibration, but it won't when I fire. I'm not sure what's wrong with it. I have the jumpers on factory setting, never changed those. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Potatoboy
05-06-2002, 07:59 PM
My guess is that with the Z it's not getting enough Vibration.

Make sure that all the screws are tight, on the warp bracket and the drop forward.

You might want to consider intellifeeding, but you'll have to modify your zgrip to do it.

RATM
05-06-2002, 08:01 PM
Screws are definately down tight, I guess I could intellifeed but i'm afraid i'll screw something up and won't be able to do it. I'd much rather find a fix for this problem.

RATM
05-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Bump, there has to be some way to fix this...

a_malfunction
05-06-2002, 10:09 PM
And it works with the other grip?

RATM
05-06-2002, 10:35 PM
yes it did. I didn't have the same drop on it though or the Z-grip.

Krazy Ivan
05-06-2002, 10:38 PM
What kind of battery are you using, a cheapass one or a quality $4 beast? it requires the extra amps of a $4 beast.

RATM
05-06-2002, 10:40 PM
Energizer, brand new out of the package.

BlackVCG
05-07-2002, 01:52 AM
My MiniMag with Z-Grip never triggered reliably with the vib sensor. That's why I set it up for intellifeed. All you need is wire, the sub-mini lever switch w/o roller ball from Radio Shack, plug to fit the intellifeed jack on the Warp board and a way to drill a hole in the frame to run the wires through.

Here's a pic of magc68's setup and how he hooked up his intellifeed system. He wrapped the switch in electrical tape until it was thick enough to press fit in the frame. I used double stick tape on my setup.

http://www.automags.org/~BlackVCG/Z-Grip/Warp_Interlink2.jpg

Here's how I dropped the wires out of the frame and then into the Warp. I'm left handed, so it'd be on the opposite side of the frame for you. Just make sure if you drill the hole in the frame, you need to drill it away from the holes for the top screws that hold on the grips so you don't drill through that and mess up the threads.

http://www.automags.org/~BlackVCG/Z-Grip/Exit_Wires.jpg

RATM
05-07-2002, 03:09 PM
Well I may just intellifeed it but i'd still rather not. I was messing with my warp today and it seems odd. It's not spinning even if I shake the warp body. It used to spin just from me setting it down on the table or something similiar. Maybe the sensors shot or something I'm not sure. It does spin though if you press in the white button underneath the plate which covers the electronics.

RATM
05-07-2002, 04:09 PM
Ok, i think i'm just gonna intellifeed it. Probably my best bet. Just gotta be careful drilling. Thanks for the help BlackVCG.

hitech
05-07-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by RATM
It's not spinning even if I shake the warp body. It used to spin just from me setting it down on the table or something similiar.

Tap on the side of the warp with a coin. If it doesn't spin your should either change the battery or the sensitivity.

BlackVCG
05-07-2002, 06:57 PM
Your vib sensor might have some dirt under it or has come loose so the springs aren't getting proper contact on it. Check that out and make sure you have the springs still in place under the board.