PDA

View Full Version : EMAG - Chopping at bolt! Please help me! Rob???????

wolverineone
05-06-2002, 09:05 PM
Hi, I have a E-Mag power feed. I keep having problems with it chopping paint at the bolt. I have tried stock bolt and ANS bolt. Several barrells have been used- stock barrell, smart parts, dye, j&j, and custom products. All nubbins are new on barrells. I have tried adjusting the velocity and lowering the bps. Same problem even when using different brands of paint. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Wolverineone------ Mags still rock even when they chop! LOL

a_malfunction
05-06-2002, 10:14 PM
Make sure your loader is getting paint into the gun fast enough. Also, check the nubbins. They might be broken. Get some plastic ones. There are are few other reasons why it might chop, but these are the most common.

virus
05-06-2002, 10:22 PM
also check your powerfeed plug... make sure that when pushed in all the way there is no lip for the bals to catch on and that it is aligned correctly

Bonx0007
05-07-2002, 01:21 AM
Grind the front edge of your bolt it reduced my chopping dramatically. like from 1 in 50 to like 1 in 2500. I fell in love with my mag all over again.:D

BlackVCG
05-07-2002, 01:42 AM
Rounding off the tip of the bolt helps with breakage, not chopping. It's still a good thing to do though. Take off your hopper and drop in a couple balls in the PF tube and fire them. Watch how the next ball inline feeds into the gun. If it seems to hang up or anything, check your PF plug adjustment. Make sure you're using the parabolic PF plug. It has two set screws in the handle.

Fleisher
05-07-2002, 04:41 PM
One simple solution,buy a Warp.Shot counter on my Emag Extreme shows about 30,000 and I`ve honestly had a dozen or so chops!:D Emags are made to run with a Warp and though they do look a bit odd you get used to it and its a virtual chop free guarantee.Try it ya might like it.:D :D :D :D