PDA

View Full Version : chrono problems

Shiftee
05-09-2002, 09:12 AM
please help me out guyz ... when chronoing i`ll set my reg to 270fps but when i let my mag sit a while (fully pressurized) my first shot will jump 10-20 fps and get me penalties for shooting hot.
ive got a first aid kit and changed my reg seat, powertube o-ring, and piston o-ring.
i tried to change the reg body o-ring but it leaked like a siv. as well my powertube spacer is actually a spring. and the manual said the reg pin and spring should come out as one piece, it doesent the pin comes out but the spring is stuck.
any help would be cool.
thanks.

bjjb99
05-09-2002, 10:26 AM
It sounds like a creeping regulator to me. You stated that you replaced the reg seat and still have the problem. I assume that the first aid kit was one made by AGD rather than a third party parts kit. Third party reg seats can be a little more prone to misbehavior, even when straight out of the parts kit.

You also mentioned that the reg spring remains stuck in the A.I.R. and the reg pin comes out fine. It may be that your reg spring needs to be cleaned or replaced. Sometimes bits of dirt and gunk can get caught down around that fine spring and cause regulator problems. Carefully remove the reg pin spring with a dental pick or equivalent tool. Take a look at the spring and the little pocket the spring sat in to see if they looks dirty. If they're dirty, clean them. For basic dirt, a blast of clean compressed air might be sufficient. If the dirt is stuck on, clean them with rubbing alcohol and q-tips or similar materials. For really nasty stuff (liquid threadlocking compound blown through a marker, for example), I'm out of ideas.

If the spring is distorted (overly stretched, bent in some weird way), get it replaced. Put everything back together and keep your fingers crossed. :)

BJJB