PDA

View Full Version : Emag won't fire on electronic

Bwaites
05-12-2002, 01:42 AM
My emag won't work on E, its like the hall effect sensor isn't picking up the magnetic field.

Any ideas?

Bill

BlackVCG
05-12-2002, 02:45 AM
Does the board boot up when you pull the pin?

Have you tried adjusting the HES magnet in and out?

Is the battery fully charged?

Check the HES wires to make sure they aren't broke at the sensor and fully plugged into the board.

Do you hear a solenoid click when you pull the trigger in E-Mode?

Bwaites
05-12-2002, 08:49 AM
BlackVCG,

Thanks for anwereing so quickly.

1. Yes

2. Not sure how to do this.

3. Yes

4. They appear to be ok.

5. No

Jacob
05-12-2002, 11:53 AM
2. The HES magnet is the one in your trigger. Sometimes it can be turned to a point where it is either to far or too close to the sensor. To adust it just use an allen wrench (not sure what size, but its a small one) Turn it counter-clockwise to move it out. Clockwise to move it in. Don't move it to close to the Hall sensor, or the sensor won't register that it has been released. I had a big problem with this once and it was just too close.

Bwaites
05-12-2002, 12:23 PM
Ok,

I tried moving the HES magnet with no effect.

Wires are tight and the plug is secure.

What's next?

Bill

BlackVCG
05-12-2002, 01:05 PM
Okay, your board should blink about once a second or so when it's on but nothing is happening. When you pull the trigger in E-Mode, and hold it back it shouldn't blink at all. If this does happen, the HES is registering the trigger pull but the solenoid isn't reacting. You probably have a dead solenoid if that's the case.

Bwaites
05-12-2002, 01:35 PM
The light keeps blinking when the trigger is pulled.

The weird thing about this is that it was working fine, my battery went dead, I recharged it and then it stopped.

Bill

Bwaites
05-22-2002, 12:10 AM
up