PDA

View Full Version : bumper life ?

rjvemt1
05-12-2002, 08:03 PM
ive been rippen bumpers up like mad, any ideas? (4 cases each!)

FrAuStY
05-13-2002, 09:51 AM
I thought the bumpers were only supposed to last about 10,000 rds. If you got 4 cases (8000rds) that would be about right. Mine did the same thing yours did I think. Does it have a ring shaped crack/rip around it where the bolt slams onto it? Maybe 1mm out from the inside hole? I left mine like that and haven't had any problems.. I'll prolly change it out after another case or two. Also to go along Rj's question, if these wear so easily.. shouldn't we get like 2 or 3 in a rebuild kit? I wouldn't mind paying another 2$ for two extra bumpers! Thanks.

-hopefully someone will clear this up for both of us. :D

rjvemt1
05-13-2002, 01:05 PM
yes mine did have that ring around the inside, i cut it out last night when i was cleaning it! i guess ill go ahead and replace itr before i play agian also the outer rim of my bolt where the sear catches is starting to show some unusuall wear! but that might be due to an unusually high rof for a mag (hyperframe):confused:

Kaiser Bob
05-13-2002, 02:18 PM
Sounds like you are the victim of the hyperframe's proclivity to chew up bolts! I think the newer ones have been fixed, but you should contact Centerflag about that before you put a new bolt in there.

Polishpickles451
05-15-2002, 05:16 PM
my bumper after about 9,000 shots shows no signs of wear at all. Maybe it is due to the hyperframe?

SqueegeeKid
05-16-2002, 12:01 PM
I thought the only time you had to replace the bumper was when you lost it? Don't those things last forever?

Mine's over 2 years old and it looks brand new.

rjvemt1
05-16-2002, 12:25 PM
this is the third mag i've owned, the other two never saw the rof that im putting on this one (hyperframe) so maybe that has something to do with it because i dont remember the other two having this problem, i wonder if it could be a powertube spacer problem? i'll check the troubleshooting video and get back to y'all tonight.

FrAuStY
05-16-2002, 01:49 PM
Strange, I don't have a hyperframe.. I do impress alot of people when I'm ripping out like 7-9 bps manually. Who knows.. maybe I chewed it. Here a stupid question, is there anyway to put it on upside-down? I just thought it was normal. I checked the manual and I didn't find anything on the orientation so I left it the way it was. I don't have a negative effect from this tear. Woohoo! Beer will fix it.. beer fixes everything.

BlackVCG
05-16-2002, 05:16 PM
I'm assuming you have a Retro Valve. They use the clear urethane bumpers. They will all get a small crack around the inside because of that notch in the PT that holds it in place. That's nothing to worry about. Once it starts getting really torn up, then it would be a good idea to replace it.

The blue bumper for the stock AIR valve shouldn't wear out. Those only need to be replaced if you lose it.

You didn't say which bumper style you had, but I'm assuming the Retro bumper.

FrAuStY
05-16-2002, 07:31 PM
Sorry.. but no.. I have a blue bumper. Stock A.I.R. valve. I think I have an idea.. it may be the ANS bolt I have.. the inside lip is a little sharp. I think it may be cutting little by little into the bumper forming this crack. It hasn't caused any problems I'm aware of. No unusual powertube or spring wear. Any ideas BlackVCG? I don't wanna sound like a little paintball weenie, but I can get 9bps sometimes 10. I run 5-7 often so maybe it could just be high rof causing this? Appreciate any info you can share :)

Russ
05-16-2002, 10:04 PM
I replaced the clear bumper on my E-Mag after 27,494 shots on the counter. It had many radial cracks, and sure looked like it was ready to give up the ghost.

rjvemt1
05-17-2002, 08:45 AM
i also have a stock valve and blue bumper but my bolt is stock, i was told that switching to the rt bumper may help because they are softer. i play e few games every weekend so i guess if this one is goung to tear it i'll find out soon enough.