PDA

View Full Version : CHI2IS=criminal

Magic37220
05-15-2002, 10:11 PM
This post concerns a conflict I have with the username CHI2IS, in which 1000+ dollars of equipment has been stolen from me©

If this needs to be put in the flames forum, then so be it, I was just hoping that by making my problem public I might have a greater chance of recovering my lost equipment© Here's the story:

From 2 1/2 to 3 months ago, I came in contact with the username CHI2IS, known on aim as "P inGP onGA lonG" when I realized that he was trading an SFL emag on these forums© Over a month ago, we decided to trade his sfl and warp for my cocker, tank, and $240© We agreed to send the guns on a tuesday so that we would both be able to play with the guns the following weekend© 3rd party would have taken longer, and we had been conversing for over a month, so we assumed that we knew each other well enough that there would be no problems© I sent my gun to "Chris Makin" that tuesday, over a month ago, and the user CHI2IS did not© I remained cool at first, as I assumed that I was just dealing with an irresponsible teenager, and he explained that he had been out of town, and that he had problems sending the gun because of his parents© Time dragged on, however, and my gun never came© CHI2IS never returned any of my emails ¥with the exception of three ¥of many more¤ where I threatened leagal action¤© CHI2IS, formally known as OneSneakyPenguin on aim, blocked me and then completely changed his sn© I was able to figure out his screen name, however, and did talk to him once, but he blocked me immediatly afterwards© It has been well over a month, I have been promised that the gun would be sent "tomorrow" numerous times, and yet no gun©

I am left strongly considering calling the police ¥this is mail fraud¤, but I just wish that this post might cause some change in the current conflict© I have demanded that CHI2IS send me not only the sfl and warp, but also $100 or my tank and $50, because I have missed three tournaments due to not having a gun to play with©

I will give everyone a day by day update on the situation, and I am open to suggestions on what to do©

I love paintball and I just want my gun©©©

Thanks in advance,
brian

Halliday
05-15-2002, 10:15 PM
Make sure the Police in your area and his know about this. First I'd call his house and talk to his parents.

Tunaman
05-15-2002, 10:17 PM
Contact the police in his town. Ask to speak to a detective and file fraud charges. Bring all proof of shipping. They will pick him right up...

X-Plosive
05-15-2002, 10:22 PM
Umm, I know Chris..well kind of. We see each other at the field sometimes. He's a big fellow, he seems really nice I couldn't imagine him doing something like that.

Magic37220
05-15-2002, 10:29 PM
Ive tried on numerous accounts ¥well every one of the few times ive actually talked to him on aim¤ to get his phone number, but he has refused on these grounds:

1¤ he gave me a number ¥with the right area code, i found out¤ that is fake and doesnt work

2¤ he gave me another number ¥a cell phone¤¥when i threatened with the police¤ and i called him, but since then ive called a million times and noone's answered

3¤ he claims his house phone doesnt have long distance capabilites ¥yet he has the supposed fastest interenet connection on this forum, according to one thread¤ :rolleyes:

but yeah- the one thing id like to do most is just talk to his parents, and not get the police involved- i hate getting the police involved, it just seems like its getting to be the only option©©©

Hasty8
05-15-2002, 10:49 PM
If your account is true and you have emails and chat logs to ack this claim up then your only hope of ever seeing your equipment again is to go through your police.

If you don't, and if you don't do it quick, the likelyhood of you seeing anything again will be small to none. Also, the longer you wait to go to the cops the more you will seem suspect in their eyes.

It sucks, I know but you have to go to the police.

edit A first option, if you know the goobers address is to send him a lawyers letter threatening incarceration(?) and legal repercutions (?) if he doesn't either send you your stuff back or the agreed upon replacement.

WARPED1
05-15-2002, 10:54 PM
Go to the cops like first thing in the morning(May 16).

SlipknotX556
05-15-2002, 11:23 PM
Man that really sucks. I suggest that the mods make this a classic thread till its resolved so that if he ever comes on AO again, he will see it right away, Know that he still has your SFL in his house.

ThePatriot
05-15-2002, 11:35 PM
Get "the nice officer showing up at the kid's door" and his parents will freak and you will get whatever you ask for, or just threaten to press charges. Juries nowadays could give u 1 million +, look at the McDonalds lady, altho she hardly got anything compard to what she was gonna get, because the Judje overturned it...she still got a lot. People know juries are nuts and will give u tons....

Croix71
05-15-2002, 11:37 PM
If he's an honest guy he'd set things straight. But it seems he's had plenty of opportunity to do so and as of yet he's done nothing. I'd act now if I were you. the longer you wait the less likely you'll see your equipment.

Dubstar112
05-16-2002, 06:56 AM
Go to MSN, look for white pages. Do a search in his city, and town, for people with his last name. Look for an adress that you sent your package to. I did that, and I had the same exact problem as you. Im now getting my gun back after I talked to this kids parents.

Magic37220
05-16-2002, 10:11 AM
yeah i tried looking for him in the white pages, but his name, if that is his name, is unlisted, so that was a dead end....

oh and mods, i would REALLY like it if you could move this back to the paintball talk forum, because it gets a lot more views there and I made this post in the first place to attract attention in hopes of him making an alternate decision, not to give others feedback (which it has done anyways)-

so PLEEEEEASE move it back, cause i really believe it will help me get my gun...

Jonno06
05-22-2002, 06:20 PM
hey,X-plosive,can you try and talk to chris at your field...please....

thanx....i have been talking to chris a few monthes now,and he kept saying he lost your address,and couldnt get ahold of you....

Magic37220
05-22-2002, 07:07 PM
yes ive sent him a pm practically every day for the past two weeks ¥so i can track whether hes read them or not¤- and hes responded ONCE

he claimed to have lost my address- i sent it back to him©

then on friday he said that he sent it fed-ex that day- its still not here and its tuesday- fed-ex doesnt take that long©©©

Jonno06
05-22-2002, 07:21 PM
today is wednesday....

FeelTheRT
05-22-2002, 07:22 PM
i talk to him all the time... he wouldn't do that

Jonno06
05-22-2002, 07:24 PM
when was the last time you talked to him FeelTheRT???

p8ntballa
05-22-2002, 07:34 PM
Why dont one of you people that talk to him help magic out and show him this thread.

Magic37220
05-22-2002, 07:35 PM
i dont think that this is a question of whether or not he would do that- the fact is that he did do that- no if ands or buts about it©©©©¥sadly enough- i wish there were©©©¤

but if you know any way that i can get in touch with him, that would be greatly appreciated©©©

hitech
05-22-2002, 07:41 PM
Check your PM.

cphilip
05-22-2002, 07:49 PM
Ok soI go out for Pizza and come home to this. Hope it works out for you. Moving to Feedback. If any of you can help resolve this please do.

Magic37220
05-22-2002, 07:56 PM
no wait please dont!!! i didnt get one response for the week or so i was in feedback, and someone moves me here tonight and ive alreadyt gotten like 5 reponses and am making progress in figuring this out!

PLEASE dont move me back- for the love of paintball!

AGDRules
05-22-2002, 08:40 PM
See even feelthert knows Chris is a really good guy. Chris would NEVER ever do something like this. I mean if he was gonna do this too you why wouldnt he cash the MO and run off???

Chris is a good guy, ive been talking with him for a while, and he seems like a good guy to me. I just asked him about whats going on with the SFL and Cocker deal... The Cocker got there while he was gone for 1. When he got back he mailed the SFL out to this guy but it came back, he just mailed it out again last week. Plus this deal between them hasnt been going on for 3 months because I was gonna get it a month ago, its only been a month since Chris and this guy did this deal. Give it a week or so for the SFL to get there, chris prob sent it regular mail so it usually takes a week or two in shipment as well.

This is almost the same way I got a bad rep and I dont want this to happen to a really good guy who everyone should feel comfortable doing deals with.

Chris is a great trader IMO.

Magic37220
05-22-2002, 09:14 PM
firstly- the reason he wouldnt just cash the money is because hes a stupid 8th grader hwo doesnt understand the legal magnitude of his actions

and everything that you said ab his explanantion ive heard- its all well and good except for the fact that its crap because he has been trying to avoid me at all costs- changed names, blocked me, not responded to my pms, now he just deletes my pms, gave me one number that wont work, and wont give another, and wont call me
that=his story is crap, so youd be better off not trying to defend him.

MajorDamage
05-22-2002, 10:11 PM
That sucks dude! When you get it though you should come check out some more of Reedy's tournies. I hope you get the SFL dude, emags rule.

ENDO!

Ultimator
05-22-2002, 11:01 PM
There is a site you can go to that will report him to his local police and maybe get him sent to a penitentiary if he doesn't cooperate/recompensate you. I will try to find it it was on Cyber Crime (on TechTV) the other day.