PDA

View Full Version : Current Roundtable Members Invited to Join

AGD
08-15-2002, 08:35 PM
So far we have invited the following people to sit on the Table.

Butterfingers
Manike
Cledford
Bill Mills
Miscue
BlackVCG
Redkey

In order to sit on the table you must respond with a face shot and short bio that relates to this postition. The pics and bio's will be posted here.

If all these people sign on I think we can move forward with a project. I think we should also consider rotating people in and out of the postion to keep things interesting. So if you didn't get in on this round you could be considered for the next.

I would like to tackle the Crossfire reg as the first project.

AGD

Butterfingers
08-15-2002, 11:00 PM
Robert Yong

BS in Biological Sciences State University of New York Binghamton. Pending 2003.

Research Associate State University of New York at Stony Brook, Dept. of Emergency Medicine.

Course Work: Basic Calculus, Cell Biology, Immunology, Organic and Inorganic Chemistry, Physics, ect.

Boy Scouts of America- Eagle Scout Award

I am very familiar with the scientific method, deductive, and inductive logic, don't try to slip irrelevant data by me.

BlackVCG
08-16-2002, 02:04 AM
Stephen Thorud

BS in Mechanical Engineering, Oregon Institute of Technology. Pending 2004.

Course work in Fluid Mechanics, Statics, Differential Equations, Differential/Integral Calculus, Calculus based Physics, Material Science, CAD for Machine Design, etc.

1st Place National Air Rifle: Intermediate Junior: Capitol City Junior Rifle Club.

I have a good understanding of Fluid Mechanics and its relation to the physics of paintball.

If there's one thing I'm good at, it's making a product fail and finding ways to reverse engineer it around that failure.

http://www.automags.org/~BlackVCG/Misc_/Stephen.JPG

manike
08-16-2002, 01:17 PM
Simon Stevens

Age: Old enough to know better, young enough not to care :)

BEng in Mechanical Engineering and Business Management.

Worked in, Design and Concept, in the motor industry (on marques such as BMW, Ford, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land Rover, Rover, Mini, Lincoln, MG) Specializing in rapid prototyping, Modeling, CNC milling, reverse engineering processes and problem solving.

I now run a CAD/CAM company in the UK and work with everybody on everything :) (I even get to travel around the world showing companies how to do stuff).

Have a couple of patents and shed loads of paintball markers! Been playing paintball for 11 years. Been building parts for my guns since I first had one (just under 11 years ;) )...

The first webpage I EVER visited was www.warpig.com

The lovely webmistress of which took the following picture of me, a few years ago, while out flying Rockets with Tom and AGD staff :) I think it is particularly apt for this forum if you read the sign above my shoulder... and spot the raised eyebrow...

http://www.corin.com/bill/rockets/HPRLaunch1/009.jpg

cledford
08-19-2002, 12:56 PM
Calvin Ledford

AAS in Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice
Currently pursuing BS in Computer Information Systems

Former police officer (3 years USAF, 3.5 years civilian) Background in firearms certification and training.

Currently a technical lead managing US internal data network for Cable & Wireless - a lead global backbone provider and the number one largest hosting company in the world. Have worked in the IT field for 6 years now. Also on staff as adjunct faculty at Northern Virginia Community College since January 2000, first a Windows NT instructor and currently as a Cisco Networking Academy instructor.

Have played paintball since 1988. Got started modifying markers right after I bought my first one (Nelspot 007) and have been at it ever since. Am currently certified as an Airgun Designs tech class participant and AKA tech.

Having started in my current profession as a bench technician (building PCs) I bring to the forum a good working knowledge of electronics systems. Additionally, as a result of having spent the better part of the last 6 year managing data network systems, I have developed highly refined trouble shooting and problem solving skills. Finally, my current position as tech lead for the internal US based C&W networks requires extensive business communications skills and the ability to produce professional reports, communications and analysis. I'm confident that these skills will add a degree of professionalism to each of our published findings.

Other hobbies include target shooting in all 3 disciplines (action & bullseye pistol, high power rifle, and shotgun), cartridge handloading, and motorcycling.

09-12-2002, 10:35 AM
Aaron Whipple

Playing paintball for 6.5 years. I started out playing with a Tracer pump, I still play pump on a regular basis.

After a year into the classes of Electrical Engineer Technician, I switched my major over to Electrical Engineering, which I am currently studying.

-In 6th grade, I got 4th in state in computer programming in Science Olympiad. In the 3 years after that, I received 4 firsts and a Second at the regional level.
-Sophomore year in high school, I placed 2nd in state for AC/DC electronics in the IAEE competition.
-Junior year in high school, I received 2nd in Digital Electronics in the IAEE competition. I also scored 3rd place in state in the VICA competition for electronics.
-Senior year, I scored 4th in state in the VICA competition for electronics.

After that I drifted into tinkering with electronics on my own time.

I have worked for the last year and a half as an intern for a company that’s primary function is implementation engineering. I have a couple projects under my belt there.

I am PacMan on paintballresource.org (not the scenario guy), terminal_err on paintballnation.com, moderator of the voided warranty section.

I have a wide range of experience in programming/electronics/computers/technology. I don’t know everything, but if there is something that I need to know that I don’t, I usually know where to find it.

When I am not tied up, I am probably relaxing playing video games, reading, or at a movie.

http://www.speakeasy.org/~aaronw/IDPicSm.jpg

http://www.speakeasy.org/~aaronw/FaceSm.jpg

Redkey
09-12-2002, 02:30 PM
George Mehler

I have a degree in materials science/engineering from the University of Washington.

After I graduated I worked for a boeing subcontractor doing mechanical testing on carbon fiber composites for the F22 fighter program. After six months I changed jobs and started working for a truck company doing materials reseach and failure analysis on composite materials. I have spent years developing test procedures, performing tests and using statistical analysis to determine the significance of the results.

I first got interested in paintball when an article came out in Time magazine (mid 1980s) about some guys running around in the woods shooting at each other with tree marking guns. I still have a photocopy of it somewhere. I started playing paintball in about 1999 or so. Not sure why it took so long to finally make it onto the field.

I've used my lathe to build more parts for my air compressors and fill system that I have for paintball markers. I know little more than the basics of electronics, I'm learning, but progress is slow. I own three working autocockers and one in parts. I've been reduced to playing paintball only about four times a year. I'm not a huge fan of fancy milling and nifty color schemes. I think accuracy is more important than high rates of fire, my max is about 4 balls a second. And, I've never met or spoken to any of the important people in the world of paintball.

Current projects:
Designing and building a new house.
Rebuilding a 6,000 psi compressor in my garage.
Developing test methods for paintballs.
Building a pneumatic test machine.
Teaching myself pic programming.

Thanks for the invite. I'm willing to help out with just about anything.

George

I'm still looking for a suitable photo.