PDA

View Full Version : anyone play in tampa? seriously considering a comeback to the sport

mag-rebelution
02-22-2003, 09:29 PM
Hey everyone , well I was wondering If anyone Lived in the Tampa area and played at Thunderbay . Its been a long time since I ve played there lol , I was wondering If it is still even there , or if it had changed at all in the past 1- 2 years .Thanks to a very nice tax return Im looking to buy my secong mag (had to sell the first years ago)and was just looking for any info as weather this great field (although they are , or were all autococker guys)is still around.

cphilip
02-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Is Thunderbay the place with the big plywood fort field with the tower in it? Kinda drive off into the woods to get back to it and on a dead end road that goes into the Bay? I think I have played there if it is....

If it is it was indeed loaded with Cocker guys. Nice people though. One of em was telling me all about the field and he was explaining that "they had their own full time Cocker tech there...". I do not think he appreciated it when I said "Good! you'll need one!". Hehe! well they were real nice to me and let my kid and me watch several games from atop the tower and all that day. Came back the next and played. I think it may be the place or it was something like Jungle Paintball or something like that. In Tampa anyway. I will get down that way again though and will be looking to play some.

bbecker666
02-22-2003, 10:08 PM
Im in st. pete, just started playing after 10 years off. I just got all my gear and my gun all set up, me and some friends wrer going to go play in the near future. We are all about 20-28 year old newbies.

mag-rebelution
02-23-2003, 01:44 PM
yep cphilip thats the place, its a really fun feild , and your right they do need a full time tech haha , they are all really nice guys though.

Darkstorm
02-24-2003, 01:51 AM
There is going to be a viper scenario in Ft Meyers in May

http://www.thepaintballpark.com/

Clare
02-24-2003, 06:48 AM
You should check out the new "Extreme Rage Park" in Fort Myers which is owned by Todd Adamson of Aftershock. At the moment, they have 4 10 man fields up (including an Xball field) and will be adding 4 more. It's a great field!

cphilip
02-24-2003, 02:46 PM
Moving to meet and greet forum...

tomcat
02-25-2003, 09:37 PM
I play at Thunderbay Paintball Filed in Oldsmar (North Tampa).
The guy that owns that field also own the Florida Paintball Center on ulmerton road in Largo (Kinda north St. Pete.
Thunderbay is the outdoor field with the city type buildings and Florida Paintball center has the speedball and hyperball fields out the back of the pro store.

See you there sometime.

mag-rebelution
02-26-2003, 07:10 PM
yea I totally forgot about their store in largo, but thats cool though maybe I ll see ya there

Jonno06
03-02-2003, 08:01 PM
YES!

people who live around me!!! on AO!

saweet.

i live on madeira beach,and have been playing at Florida Paintball for 2 years now. I used to ref there also.

Hey,if you want to talk more,Instant Message me at LessThanJon06...thanx!

Jonno06
03-04-2003, 08:36 PM
up for the florida crackers..

Lee
03-22-2003, 11:29 AM
yo...Zephyrhills here. looking to freelance and travel locally a bit.