PDA

View Full Version : AO at D-day

rjvemt1
03-17-2003, 12:56 AM
Alright everyone, i read the articles about last years D-day in a few pb publications and heard one excellant first hand account from 'rbreding'. Last years total was 1700 players, this year they are expecting 3000 shooters! I dont know about anyone else but the biggest game i've ever been to was a 600 shooter 'toys-for-tots' drive at 'paintball sams' in sacto. cal. in '93 or '94, i dont remember which.

i am looking into ride and camp share possibilities with some folks. all ao-ers please feel free to use this thread to organize any commuting or camp-share stuff(curtis, renew that lease and lets tow that camper up there, i think i peaked clares interst up in dallas!;))

Daroach
03-17-2003, 01:16 AM
I am going to make the decision if my Warped Xmag will be there within the next month or so......

most likely i WILL be there, but it all depends on postitnote on if she can get off work and so on.....

postitnote
03-17-2003, 01:20 AM
Can someone please tell me where it is going to be in Oklahoma? Despite popular belief, Oklahoma is a decent-sized state!

ben_JD
03-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by postitnote
Despite popular belief, Oklahoma is a decent-sized state! postit, it may be sized, but very little about Oklahoma is decent.

Mighty Mike
03-17-2003, 03:23 PM
I dont know about anyone else but the biggest game i've ever been to was a 600 shooter 'toys-for-tots' drive at 'paintball sams' in sacto. cal. in '93 or '94, i dont remember which.

I was there also for the "toys for tots" game at Paintball Sams in '94 & '95. That was the most people i've ever seen on a paintball field. I remember being pissed at the many "cheap" paintballers who didn't bring a toy. The only thing I didn't like about the field was that you had to climb up a side of a mountain just to get back on the field.....

Fat Llama
03-17-2003, 05:33 PM
www.oklahomadday.com Go there for all the info. It's in Northeast Oklahoma, about 30 minutes from the Missouri/Oklahoma border I believe. They have a map at the site.

postitnote
03-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Yay! It's just 30-40 minutes away from where I am from in Missouri (Joplin)! I haven't been there in years.

logamus
03-19-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by ben_JD
postit, it may be sized, but very little about Oklahoma is decent.

amen to that! i am seriously considering doing this. it sounds like a blast, i just need to work out some logistics.

Daroach
03-20-2003, 12:59 AM
Well if postitnote goes, you know i have to go ;)

devildog
03-27-2003, 10:50 PM
im driving over from florida if anyone wants to carpool, i will be "pimpin" :rolleyes: my 89 caddilac fleetwood brougham. here on base it has aquired the nickname of "donkillac". dont ask.....

bigbang34
04-05-2003, 03:59 AM
Hey its in Wyandotte oklahoma its bout a 5 hr dirve from where i live ( Dallas tx).This would be my 2nd year at d-day. last year 2001 was my first it was a lot of fun any of you who are o nthe germans cna contact me and we can meet up there and your welcome to stay with us thanx