PDA

View Full Version : spyder pump

a-ron
06-15-2003, 01:54 PM
ok im gunna turn my compact deluxe into a pump, how should i do this. i was thinking of mounting the pump on the lpc or maybe somewhere on the side. i dont no. i also dont understand how to keep it from cocking back.

WickeDKlowN
06-15-2003, 08:52 PM
You would need to have a custom valve made that would not give blowback(like the ones in cockers). You kight need a custom hammer/striker too, and a way to pount the pump handle/arm.

You could prolly ghetto rid a pump handle on there, and use a metal coat hanger to pus the hammer back, lol.

NuthyN
06-15-2003, 09:47 PM
Do a search on the kingman forum of PBR. Some guy made one and posted a step by step.

aut911
06-16-2003, 10:46 AM
there is a closed bolt mod that you can do to a spyder called the RAIL system (raised intelligence level). But its a semi auto, if anything you could hook up a three way on your pump arm and have a super short stroking spyder pump.

aut

zgrip4me
06-17-2003, 12:16 AM
check this sitei am sure u can find sumway to rig ur spyder somehow unique that u would like.... http://www.ottersccustoms.com/spyder.html

SnarlBuckle
06-17-2003, 05:59 PM
OK, This is going to be long. If you have one of those spyders with a horizontal hole in the back (I think the flash has it) then it shouldn't be too hard. If not, you will have to make the hole. It has to be long enough to cock the bolt all of the way back.

Step 1:
Drill a small hole in the rear of your bolt so that you can put a fairly sturdy bolt through it sideways. You may want to do this just to make it easier to cock.

Step 2:
Make a cocking rod and a handle that will fit over your barrel, around your marker, and onto that bolt that we just put in the side. This should let you cock it or you're already in trouble.

Step 3:
Take that little rod thing that conects the bolt and hammer out.

Step 4:
Get someone who knows how to work a metal lathe very well to make you a new cup seal. Twist the seal part off, though. The new rod should not have any flat spots like the factory one did. Done correctly, this will eliminate the blowback. Put that seal back on and put it back into the marker. (test it)

Step 5:
This is the hardest part. You have to find some way to make the hammer go back when the bolt does, but it can't interfere with the forward movement of either of them. This will take some real work by a real airsmith.

That's it!

You may want to find a way to put some forward force on the cocking rod so that you don't double feed. I also suggest buying a piranha bolt because they have o-rings on the front which will help with accuracy. The Piranha flush-cocking bolt is wide enough in the back for the sideways bolt. I have never tried this, but it works well on paper. Good luck if you try it. If it works, send me a picture at: snarlbuckle@hotmai.com

ZyperioN
07-06-2003, 11:05 AM
...but it works well on paper.

So does Communism...;)

sneakyhacker420
07-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by ZyperioN

So does Communism...;)

LMFAO