Constant leak from valve body
I've noticed a few times while changing carriers, movement and a gap between the powertube end piece and the middle section of the valve body. I've noticed a small leak I believe is coming from there, as well.
Second (and possibly related), I've been seeing very wild problems with consistency. At the last few tournaments, I've had to make big adjustments to the velocity over the course of a day. I'll adjust it to ~290 then when I come back for the next game, it'll be shooting around 340, (adjust back down to 290) then come back again and be down around 250 (if it even fires) What could be happening here? My input reg is a Centerflag Dynaflow, set to about 900psi (but even it varies 200-300psi) I oil the marker regularly with KC-Troublefree blue. Come to think of it, will TOO MUCH oil give problems with the X-valve/lvl10?
classic mag with xvalve and ule trigger
I had my classic mag valve replaced with an xvalve at a local shop (an authorized mag dealer). The trouble i am having seems to be the bolt sticking and the only way to relieve that is by pressing it back with my finger (through the breech). I Just took it back to the shop today and watched them dry-fire the gun in store with no problem (no bolt stickage) and they said it was a problem with my remote/tank because it apparently did not stick with their tank.
I took it straight to the field and tried it again with no remote and it is still sticking, plus i am struggling to get the velocity under control. With the ball velocity high (350ish) i can get out more shots before it sticks but trying to get down to 300 fps is nearly impossible without cutting off the air and the trigger going limp, closely followed by air hissing out the barrel.
If i fire slowly it works ok but if i try and let loose on it then that is when the bolt gets stuck.
I have no idea what inlet pressure my tank is set at or how to change it.
As i said it is a classic mag with a ULE top feed body, black xvalve, intelliframe blade trigger, gas through foregrip and running on HPA.
if you can help at all i'll buy ya a beer(coke as in 'cocacola' for kids)!
X-mag won't fire when breach is placed >
hopefully someone can help me out here, I'm beyond frustration now and thinking of buying a new marker...
And then to think I went looking for an X-mag because they were supposed to be easy maintaining and such. I have it for more than 6 months now and just played like one tourney and three trainings with, halve of the time leaking at one end or the other...
At a point I had a leak from the back and front of the x-valve on my X-mag. Had a new reg piston come over and a spare parts kit.
Changed the piston and set-up the power-tube. It seems to be the right carrier. It leaked slightly barrelside but after dry-firing it settled in.
On the field it was totally messed up, barrel breaks, balls just going a couple of yards etc.
Immediatelly set the ball-detent different and even changed it. But that didn't turn out to be the problem.
As soon as I place on of the two breaches I have, the superbolt gets stuck on them. With the vertical breach it won't even come forward and with the side-feed one it comes out for like 6mm and then gets stuck. With the next triggerpull it returns. It looks like it left marks on the vertical breach from the couple of times it did fire well in between chops/breaks.
I don't want to turn the velocity up to much because I can't test the speed it's at now and I'm afraid I will wreck the x-valve, or at least part of it.
The superbolt seems to be just fine, not offset in any direction as seems the powertube. With dry-firing everything seems dandy en speedy to, no air-dropoffs, leaks or anything (that is without a barrel and breach).
There is a thing worth mentioning. When I installed the piston and put the valve back together and shot it, it felt way over 300fps but it fired. Ofcourse I turned the speed down. Next thing I bought myself a handchrono and messured like 240fps and I turned it up to 280. It was a little inconsistent but I figured that would settle after a box of paint.
At that time I shot like a dozen balls or so and all seemed fine untill I went to the field the next day and the above mentioned problem occured.
I've taken the mag apart numerous times and steam is coming out of my ears by now. :mad:
Changed about evrything that can be on the X but nothing does the trick, I'm absolutely clueless... :cry:
Can someone please help me out here.
PS. one more thing. the top of the sear-assembly seems to have a mark from the superbolt over the length of it, is this normal?
If pictures are needed please let me know.
follow-up X-mag breach problem >
Ok I finally got a step ahead...
It seems the springs I used are messed up! I got an 'old' spring from a friend and I'm shooting again. That is, dry-firing with barrel.
Can't wait for the weekend to take it to the field and put some paint through it.
Don't understand it though. Can't remember standing on the springs or something like it, it's very weird indeed...
The wear-marks on the breaches and sear are normal probably. Could not remember how they were whe I got the marker.
Hope it works now and hope it rips again this weekend.
One thing possitive from all this, I know the X inside-out and can take it apart and assemble it blindfolded :cool:
Thanks for the attention and will keep things posted.