View Poll Results: there can be only one.

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zeus

9 75.00%
  • XJ40

3 25.00%

Thread: Help me decide what to waste money on.

Help me decide what to waste money on.

I've been toying around with the idea of buying a PB pistol just for the heck of it. I figure it will see action maybe 2-3 times a year in an actual game, all of which would be with my outlawball group. The rest of the time it would only be used for messing around with or sitting in a box.

I've narrowed it down to 2 choices but I can't decide between these two.

Armotech Zeus with quick cap: $130
    Its .68cal so paint will be cheap and easily gotten. Out of the .68cal markers its said to be the one with the least tech issues. In my opinion it also has a much nicer looking mag design than the delta does. Gets roughly 20 shots out of a 12 gram. The only con I could find is the size of the thing, its huge and not the lightest thing. I couldn't see myself using a holster for this beast. It has a leisurely rate of fire. The removable magazine is a non issue because I wouldn't ever buy another one after getting the quick cap.

Splatmatic XJ40: $40
    Well for starters its .40cal so I'll need to purchase paint specifically for use with this. It doesn't have a mag but uses a small hopper instead. It has slightly less range than the .68 markers. It gets over 100 shots out of a 12gram. Its so cheap that its almost disposable. It's said to be built fairly well. It fires faster than the Zeus does. Its light weight.

well that xj40 wont be allowed at feilds so you can only use it in outlaw ball. The zeus really isnt much of a good pistol. It has problems getting under 300fps according to some magazine reveiws. The new delta .68 looks pretty nice and maybe you should check out a pt extreme or if you dont mind getting a stock pistol, a PGP

well, will this .40 cal paint be easy to get a hold of? :o
    Currently the 186th top poster on AO!! member# 13650
    Feedback

"... i splooge when i touch it
    ~Ultimatepaintballer

.40cal is the blowgun standard so yes I can easily get ahold of it.

I already own a number of old sheridans as I collect them. So another PGP is out of the question.

the splatmatic rules!

it shot better than a m98 with stock barrel

Chicago, Illinois (Chicago Fire Dept. Engine 78 - Wrigley Field)
    zues cause they look cool and a version come iwth a LAM light....which means when you grab the grip the light turms on...sort of like a clap on clap off four your gun...well without the clapping...wow what a bad annalogy
    Alias Intimidator (Black)
    DiRtY PiCs...

I throw bombs...well not really...

My Feedback
    Click Here, or here, or here, or here, or here, or if you feel a little Naughty...right here

I have both and if you want a pistol thats more like a pistol get the xj40... its a lot smaller, and instead of being frontheavy like the zeus its backheavy so its easier to hold. I had problems with the speed of the xj40 tho which was corrected with a new spyder spring kit.. but now the trigger is sticking cause its shooting to fast for the crappy plastic frame.. The xj40 with a new trigger frame and a better way to load balls like a vertical magazine of some sort (the hoppers too big) would be the best pistol you can buy if you ask me. The zeus is just a bit to long in my opinion. I put the zeus trigger frame on my xj40 and it works fantastic.. thinking about buy a dye frame tho cause it would look pretty cool.

Originally posted by nt2004
    well that xj40 wont be allowed at feilds so you can only use it in outlaw ball. The zeus really isnt much of a good pistol. It has problems getting under 300fps according to some magazine reveiws. The new delta .68 looks pretty nice and maybe you should check out a pt extreme or if you dont mind getting a stock pistol, a PGP
    zeus is a lot better than a crap pt extreme or delta 68(a prettier pt extreme). I'd rather say get a core pistol or a zeus and cut the spring so you can get under 300

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

Yah definatly dont get a extreme.. and dont let the looks of the delta 68 fool you.. im sure it sucks too.. if you want a 68 cal pistol get a zeus... but i still think the xj40 is a better sidearm if you work on it.

You can actually mount another trigger frame on the XJ with out modding it ?

Yes, I have put both my zeus g2 frame and a crappy spyder frame on it they both fit and work fine, it takes any spyder frame i think, same internals.. and you can actualy get some good grips on it instead of the plastic junk it comes with. Definatly thinking about a dye frame i wonder if i can order trigger frame internals from armotech, since i know they work.

I'm going to get the XJ if I can mount a new style spyder frame on it.

Its the new style spyder frames or the old style ones?

The one i had on there was an old frame... i dont know what a new style spyder frame is... if a new style spyder frame can go on a old style spyder then it will most likly fit on the XJ... all of the xj parts seem spyder compatible.. make sure you get a new spring mine only shot 250 with the stock one

If you're looking to "waste" your money just get a girlfriend!
    Or better yet, why don't you kill yourself. No, really, die. Drop dead, don't leave a note, in fact burn your house while your little ego is stuck in a bench vice so that you'll also incenerate yourslef and everything you own with it. Because that's all you're worth. You're not even wirh thte time it'll take for the house to burn down, so just kill yourself. You're a waste of space. You are nothing, you always will be nothing. Don't leave a note, you're not worth the ink. - Tyger

I don't think my wife would appreciate that.

I've got a spare e-frame sitting around that will fit syders and piranhas. It would be awsome if it would fit the XJ. 3 shot burns and FA out of a tinny little pistol.

Originally posted by Crighton
    I don't think my wife would appreciate that.
    Well then, that serves as TWO ways to waste your money