View Poll Results: What is the bigger adrenilane rush....paintball or hunting?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paintball

42 79.25%
  • Hunting

11 20.75%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: wut do u think the bigger adreniline rush is..hunting..or paintball

True, can we all atleast agree to disagree, and remember that we all have a love for paintball? We obviously get something out of it, so we have that in common.
    Formerly ~WarpedRT~

red Dark LCD

Originally posted by gadget68

I simply was stating that "FEAR" should be used in your sentence instead of "Adrenaline". Fear is a good thing. It triggers our Adrenaline to kick in and opens our senses to be hightened. Haven't you ever watched a horror movie where you were so involved in it that the slightest noise in the house got your attention. That is what I am stating. I was not meaning to disrespect your post just thought I was clarifying it a bit.
    ok but the whole discussion is or at least originally was about getting an adrenaline rush. so i didn't feel that mentioning the emotion was necessary. after all what causes fear? as in your example fear is caused by the images in the movie which depict dangerous situations. you get keyed up and react to the sound which indicates there might be danger in your house. anyway, it's all just semantics. this is getting off topic so we're cool. i'll just drop it now.

Hunting is a sport, whether it fits your definition or not. Whether it complies with NBA rules, or NHRA horsepower restrictions, it's a sport. Our society has adopted/accepted/labeled..however you want to say it, but it's here.

It is a challenge to most. If not to you, fine, but it is to others. My beef with this kind of a thread is that people seem to think that they can "express" thier opinion in the form of insults. Grow up. I've said it before, and I'll say it again....Just because you have the right to use your mouth, doesn't mean you have a license to let it run wild.

A little challenge to you who think that hunting is easy and that there's no competition involved...Come up here. Word of warning- Don't underestimate anything. If you don't think I've been hunted, you're very wrong. I've stalked, and I've been stalked! Brownies are very skilled in that part of hunting. I have also been face to face with an extremely pissed off Mother Brownie with 3 cubs, and only a handfull of experinces in my life could compare to what my body went through. Adenaline was at max, and nerves were as tight as a violin. There was a mutual withdrawl between us, as niether one was there to kill the other. But don't think for one second that that "poor animal" wouldn't have hesitated to try to end me w/o question...(and it wouldn't have been for food! Most bears kill out of reaction)... whether it thought I was a worthy oponent or not.

It isnt a sport by my definition but I believe I expressed my opinion without namecalling.

If you didnt like it thats your problem, but I dont think I "ran wild" with my mouth by any means as far as insults go, so you must not be talking about me.

Also, I never said anything like "hunting is easy" so I guess thats not directed at me either. I said it was a challenge and a test of skill...try and grasp these word concepts: challenge is to hard, as pushover is to easy. So by calling hunting a challenge, I was hoping you'd make the conection that I believe hunting is hard.

As for your bear run in, good for the bear. Thats one of those rare occastions were the hunted actually had a chance of "winning", aka by killing you the hunter before u could kill him. Hunting is not a competition because its designed to be a completely one sided affair from the outset. Technology through the ages has only increased the hunters advantage. Only by pure accident was your prey, the momma bear, given an opportunity to actually nullify all the advantages in intellect, experience, and technology that u posessed and possibly kill you. You did not set out to hunt a bear on equal terms, it was an accident that I'm sure you hope never repeats.You would be plain lying if u said all your hunts with big game ended up in point blank face to face encounters with your prey were you both have equal opportunity to kill each other. That wouldnt be hunting, that would be a competition and you would have to have a death wish to set out to do that. Thats why I stick to paintball.

Re: eveyrone is making good points

Originally posted by laxster08
    wow i didn't think this thread would get this big haha...n e ways...huntin is a challenge...and...a sport..u speak of competition...man vs. deer...therse ur comp..and deer usually win...unless there does...does are just stupid..and not a challenge..but bucks..bucks are a challenge
    But it's not a competition in the traditional sense of the word because the deer has no intent to compete with you. The deer isn't going to trash talk you. And if the deer "wins" he just gets away, he doesn't defeat you.

Which is why it's not for me. I know plenty of people that love to hunt and I completely respect their opinion. But frankly I'd rather my opponenet be gunning for me the way I'm gunning for him.

hey guys this is becoming a cyclical arguement, and rather silly if I do say so my self

sport or no sport, theres an adrenaline rush right?

IM sure paintball would. i have never been hunting but if you think of it......in paintball you are constantly shooting and trying not to get shot
    but in hunting you are just waiting around to see an animal.........
    [img]Sig image must be under 20k[/img]

[ Logic Paintball ]

[ IM ME! ]

Yes it has become rediculous..

Mostly because so many people want to post things like, "Paintball is better. I've never been hunting, but it doesn't seem exciting at all. All you do is sit in one spot and wait for something, anyting to waltz your direction." Sorry guys, but that's silly. You state you've never done it, then comment that one is better than the other. How can that be.

Some people here have tried to make it sound like hunters are lazy, "It's not difficult." How can you say that if you've never done it? And those who have hunted and still say the same thing, try imagining life outside your scope of reality.
    I've never been to college, so it'd be ignorant for me to state that school is easy. I don't know crap about cooking chinese food, and I don't try to make educated 'opinionated' comments on what's the best way to cook it. This thread was started to ask a simple question...."What do you think gives a bigger rush?"...Not, "Tell me something smart about something you've never done, and while you're at it, make fun of and ridicule those who do."
    People really need to learn what an opinion is.

Nero:

I have hunted, more then once. And as such I respect it as an activity and as something that requires skill, dedication, and will. I recognize both the challenge and the associated danger. Hunting is a physically demanding activity and to say otherwise is to not tell the truth.

However, I stand by my original statement that hunting because it lacks in competitive nature, in my humble opinion. I prefer to play a game against another person, who is playing the same game, with the intent of beating that person, and I want that person to have the intent of beating me. Anything else just simply doesn't hold the thrill of victory for me in the same fashion.

Plus, after I mark someone with my paintball gun I don't need to lug him back to the truck, clean, and cook him. He pretty much just wanders to his own home all by himself and I go to TGI Fridays. It's so much easier to ask for a burger then to prepare it yourself. Plus, you can't hunt potato skins, without which no meal is complete.

wheres the hunting for bambi option?

xrancid_milkx Guest
    Originally posted by Albinonewt
    Nero:

However, I stand by my original statement that hunting because it lacks in competitive nature, in my humble opinion. I prefer to play a game against another person, who is playing the same game, with the intent of beating that person, and I want that person to have the intent of beating me. Anything else just simply doesn't hold the thrill of victory for me in the same fashion.
    It lacks competition eh? What about the dog tournaments where they compete on how well your dog is trained in area of fowl hunting. Watch the Outdoor channel on TV, you see quite a few competitions hunting related.

Originally posted by Albinonewt
    Nero:

Plus, after I mark someone with my paintball gun I don't need to lug him back to the truck, clean, and cook him.
    Usually when hunting large game you clean the animal where it lies. Its kind of hard to drag a 300+ pound animal back to camp or you truck without rotting the meat (the friction of dragging the animal will actually cause the meat to spoil) or just plain taking it back by itself is a challenge.

Konigballer
    :

It isnt a sport by my definition
    If you really want to start "by diffinition" stuff, niether is paintball. It hasn't mainstreamed into traditional sports, it isn't widly known, and is even illegal in some places. Now this doesn't mean I don't think its a sport. I was just showing how "by diffinition" means nothing.

it comes down to this...n e one that things hunting is easy and not challenge...they have never been...if they think its not an adreniline rush..they have never hunted big game...hunting squirrel?? who would ever get a adreniline rush out of that honestly...and the rest is ur opinion...i still think that its hunting...b/c hunting is just so insanly adrenilne rush..once u see that deer..ur boby starts shaking like crazy...and paintball..the first couple of times its a huge adreniline rush..but after u get into it..i just look at it like n e other sport...like baskitball..or baseball..or lacrosse...

Wow, some discusions are such an amazing waste of effort.
    YOU CAN'T ARGUE PERSONAL OPINION, GEEZ PEOPLE !!

it comes down to this...n e one that things hunting is easy and not challenge...they have never been...
    WRONG!!! Have been,don't think so,MY OPINION.

if they think its not an adreniline rush..they have never hunted big game..
    WRONG!!! Have,don't think so,MY OPINION.

Perhaps it's your skill level or your ability to handle a stressfull situation or your ability to rise to the momentus occasion but that's YOUR experience not mine.Sorry if you(all pro hunters who posted)can't understand that but that's the fact.

Good luck hunting and good day sir.

Jay.
    Logic Paintball Forums
    My A O Feedback Here
    Other Feedback Here
    If I've Been Any help
    Please Leave Some.

WRONG!!! Have,don't think so,MY OPINION.
    Perhaps it's your skill level or your ability to handle a stressfull situation or your ability to rise to the momentus occasion but that's YOUR experience not mine.Sorry if you(all pro hunters who posted)can't understand that but that's the fact.
    You use the words "My Opinion" and "Thats the fact". Which is it? Your confusing me. And out of curiosity what big game have you hunted? Did you enjoy the hunt? Just wondering from your posts you sound like a "Pro Hunter" who dosn't enjoy doing it anymore.

I HAVE hunted and most often with a bow.I personally don't find it much of a challenge,I shoot 3D comps and shooting 40 or more arrows a morning,on a 80lb draw at a 12 ring(silver dollar)of unknown distance,windage and elevation is much more difficult.
    You make yourself sound like you should be on the "great outdoors". Do you know a fellow by the last name Mathews who hunts for Cabellas? I know him and you and him sound like you should get together.

My opinion.....I enjoy paintball and hunting. I play paintball more often, but I hunt every chance I can get.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xrancid_milkx

It lacks competition eh? What about the dog tournaments where they compete on how well your dog is trained in area of fowl hunting. Watch the Outdoor channel on TV, you see quite a few competitions hunting related.

Don't you think you're nitpicking a little bit now? Sure, I suppose I could train a dog to hunt fowl and then pit him against other fowl hunting dogs, but I suppose I could also learn how to bobsled.

Usually when hunting large game you clean the animal where it lies. Its kind of hard to drag a 300+ pound animal back to camp or you truck without rotting the meat (the friction of dragging the animal will actually cause the meat to spoil) or just plain taking it back by itself is a challenge.

The few times I hunted there were 4+ of us out, and once we killed one deer we stopped hunting so we all helped to bring it back. We had a contraption that I can only describe as a really big stretcher and we all helped to carry it.

Originally posted by gadget68

You use the words "My Opinion" and "Thats the fact". Which is it? Your confusing me. And out of curiosity what big game have you hunted? Did you enjoy the hunt? Just wondering from your posts you sound like a "Pro Hunter" who dosn't enjoy doing it anymore.

You make yourself sound like you should be on the "great outdoors". Do you know a fellow by the last name Mathews who hunts for Cabellas? I know him and you and him sound like you should get together.

My opinion.....I enjoy paintball and hunting. I play paintball more often, but I hunt every chance I can get.
    Well, I stated things that were my "opinions" and the "fact" that you can't argure someone elses's opinion.

As far as hunting,much of my family are pretty serious hunters.I'm originally from NewYork,and many in my family are in upstate NY.There is excellent hunting opportunities there up to Canada and south to Virginia and the Carolinas in less than a days drive. My uncle and his partner also have land in Montana that they and sometimes I Vacation to once a year or so(and I do occasional join the Hunt). However,I'm definitly no pro hunter,but I've been shooting firearms both for fun and in competition (handguns,precision rifle)for 15-20 years.When I was first introduced to hunting I thought it was fun,but there were long strings between "hunting" and actually shooting.I learned to hunt with very experienced hunters so there was never a question of whether or not you'll shoot something just what and how big it will be.I soon realized that I much prefered shooting and decided to focus my efforts there.As far as Archery,I always had an interest there.It seemed that Bow Hunting might be more fun but I had the same problem.I'd rather be shooting than "hunting".I guess the deal with me is I know I can hit whatever I'm aiming at so I don't get the big rush from hunting and I'm not pressured to "make the shot" also,the vital area required to kill a deer is fairly large compared to most other "targets" so again,I'm not challengeg. The only real challenge is knowing the area and behavior of the animal the rest is planning and waiting.
    Now since I'm married w/ child, I don't don't do either as much as I'd like to but I have a nice local Archery Club w/ 3D shoots pretty regular around our county and with younger brothers,friends and kids there is Paintball.I just prefer the fast paced action of paintball,kill or be killed,move or die,blah blah balh.

So basically that's it. I'm just tired of hearing you guys say that everyone who doesn't feel like you do,don't know what thier talking about because I do and I have my own feelings about it.I NEVER said you guys shouldn't enjoy hunting,if you do,thats great,just don't feel you have to convince everyone else to feel the same way.

Jay.

i unno...theres are all good points

-=Squid=- Guest
    Sigh...Paintball is NOT hunting. This thread just flat out angers me. How is there an adrenaline rush with hunting deer? They cant even fight back. You dont lose. You sit there, and use stupid hunting tools you bought to make the deer come to you. You see the deer, you shoot it. Its so gay. Yes, I HAVE been hunting so you cant pull that card on me. Hunting = teh gay, especially if you are comparing it to the adrenaline rush to paintball. Go back to playing sniper in the woods with your tippman.

As my friend says, "Critters don't shot back!"
    Thanotos

http://www.factcheck.org

maybe adrenline woudln't be the right word then...i dunno waht it woudl be...but ur heart races liek crazy and you shake like crazy...i unno...what could be a nother word for it?

Originally posted by laxster08
    maybe adrenline woudln't be the right word then...i dunno waht it woudl be...but ur heart races liek crazy and you shake like crazy...i unno...what could be a nother word for it?
    epilepsy?

I dunno.. Paintball for me.. Honestly, I just wouldn't have thwe patience to site there in the cold for hours waiting to shoot some animal