Thread: taking gun pics

Angry taking gun pics

I'm having a problem taking pictues of my gun, and any object for that matter. I know it isn't the camera, because mom just paid 400 for it, the pictures come out fuzzy and blurry no matter how I still I hold the camera. If some of you would give me some pointers I would appracate it, thanks alot fellow AOers.

later scott
    Click here to email me
    • X Valve
    • Blue ULE CF Body
    • I Frame
    • AGD 68/4500 Flatline
    • AO Flatline drop
    • Blue V-Force Profiler
    • Xmag comming in 2 months, fingers corssed on that one

Re: taking gun pics

Originally posted by notime2smile
    I'm having a problem taking pictues of my gun, and any object for that matter. I know it isn't the camera, because mom just paid 400 for it, the pictures come out fuzzy and blurry no matter how I still I hold the camera. If some of you would give me some pointers I would appracate it, thanks alot fellow AOers.

later scott
    Well there are a lot of variables that go into decent pictures... do you have an example you could share? It would help
    Taking a long needed leave of the sport to finish school and tour the country

b2k3w/pds, vaporized, vapor valve, aka sidewinder, chaos chip, palmer rock lpr, CP barrels, 68/45 hyperflow

B2k3 w/pds and bunch of upgrades for sale

assuming its a digital, the auto-focus setting might be off.

make sure there's adequate lighting.

when you take pictures of other objects, does it come out
    blurry too?

maybe it's the distance.
    [*IMG]http://girlbeater.boybeater.org/aosig.gif[/IMG]
    Image dimensions too large- Tato

personman Guest
    Use a tripod, take the pictures outside, make sure the gun isnt moving, ect.

Well...what brand camera is it? There are two important things to remember... you need good light and don't get too close. Even with the Macro turned on most P&S cameras you can not get closer than about 1 meter. If it's out of focus this is probably your problem. If the picture is very grainy, then it's probably the lighting. Do not use the flash. This will cause very over exposed area where the gun is shiny. Best thing to use is something like a desk lamp with a tungsten or Florescent light. Remember to set the white balance on the camera for whatever light you are using.

You might also try to clean the lens. If there's any dirt, or even a finger print, the focus can be off.

Just a thought.