Thread: Which LPR is the best for an impulse?

Which LPR is the best for an impulse?

Now that i have figured out that im buying the sceptor kit....i need to know what kinda lpr to get. I was looking at the evil respirator...but it just looks too cool to look like it would actually work. What are your opinions on the best LPRS?
    Good Trader: Jet-Xino, Legato, bpinoy730, mpyacfo, ring

TEAM: ....cant think of a new name....

Palmer's Micro Rock is my FAVORITE LPR. I've sold twenty of them and used 2-3. Never has ONE let me down in the slightest

If you buy an Impulse from E-Paintballoutlet, the standard LPR is the Jackhammer II regulator. They also offer the LPR from New Designs which has the integrated front cap. This makes the LPR setup on the marker a little smaller.

Either one is a good choice. I have the Jackhammer II on my RAT Impy and a teammate of mine has the New Designs. Both work great and either choice would be fine.

I had a Palmer Micro Rock on both the Impulses I used, and they worked beautifully. The Jackhammer 2 isnt bad at all, in fact a lot of poeple really like it, but when it was on the Adrenaline it had some wacky problems, other people have reported this also. Id say go with either, currently im testing a Tickler...ill have to see how that works out.
    2 da k da 2 Timmah.

Oh..it shoots da 620:1 .No problemo.

Could everyone plz gimmi like a link to the thing they are talking about? or ur AIM sn so i can talk 2 u bout it...i only have a few days to decide

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/
    Glenn Palmer rocks!
    Thanotos

http://www.factcheck.org

Im using the sp lpr on mine, it works great, and is really easy to adjust, get the sp one or the integrated jackhammer one, both have 90* adapters so you can keep the hose setup tighter

www.TeamNever.com

personman Guest
    Defentally get a rock. I see tons of impys with jackhammers on them but personally im not impressed with ANS preformance, on all guns not just mags.

The best Lpr for an Impulse is the Ans JackhammerII, the reason of this is for a few things. First and foremost the Ans has a prv in it which is about 20 psi below the pressure that will cause an impulse solenoid to blow, so incase your reg ever creeps, you won't have to worry about blowing your noid. Can't say the same for the micro rock. Several people at the IOG havn't had the best results with micro rocks on their Impulses. By all means i'm not saying the Micro Rock is a bad lpr, its in fact my favorite for cockers. But for an imp, Ans is the way to go, take it from a guy who's owned 2 imps.

yeah i would also say micro rock. i have one on my bushy and it is awesome!

good buyers/traders: becercom tunaman pullman richie CoFFeY[NiTrO]

www.vaporworks.net the best bushy upgrades!
    www.infowars.com learn the truth about the goverment.

My Feedback

AKA Soda Can Mod.. knocks all others to hell. It's pressure compensating also.. good thing.. NO VELOCITY SPIKES OF FSDO!
    Morlocked Excal #EX00172 w/ eyes, SCM, Equation Barrel[/url]
    Click to see CCM J2 Autococking Marker
    Click for the BEST ano around!

Originally posted by Ryknow
    AKA Soda Can Mod.. knocks all others to hell. It's pressure compensating also.. good thing.. NO VELOCITY SPIKES OF FSDO!

i thought that was for matrices...
    Proud Member Of The AO Cesspool Since 08-24-2002

AKA makes a SCM for cockers as well

Let me let pictures speak for words in my lpr choice

NYX-Matrix/Mamba IR3
    -----> Click the picture, do it!

PBnation

Impulse Owners Group (IOG)

Thumbs up

I STRONGLY suggest this:

http://stores.cipp.com/Merchant4/mer...e_Code=mipaint

This is the ND combo that several people here have mentioned. It's got the Jack Hammer 2 and a volumizer front cap as one unit. It's a great deal and comes all anodized in several colors to match your Imp. This (along with the ND valve) has realy made my Impulse sip air.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

a few things.

The Jackhammer does NOT have a pressure relief valve. THe only LPR that does it the lite rock. And the PRV on the rock isn't for just creeping... if your reg creeps over 3 times the original psi you've got serious trouble. It was meant to combat the fluctiations of CO2. Still useful, but not by much.

The Jackhammer works as any other would... technically the Palmer Rock is better, but few notice a difference, depending on how they SET UP THE GUN. Personally, I use all palmers.

The SCM is a great idea, but it's 90 bucks, and the first runs had creeping issues. This means velocity changes for you tournament boys. The newer ones still have some trouble occasionally, but they're better than a jackhammer. Glenn actually mentioned looking them over with Aaron at one point, and saying they were good. It's odd, how AKA and Palmer endorse each others competing products...
    [*img]http://userpic.livejournal.com/11885469/469200[/img]
    Filesize too large- Tato
    Greatest "Sponsor" Ever.

I will mention one other issue no one has mentioned. if you get an LPR, makes sure it is not one that can be adjusted by hand. ( IE: jackhammer, rockreg with rock-knob ,etc) on an imp, that is another way to adjust the chrono speed. (can you say dial-a-welt?) on tournys, they will ban your gun until you fix it.

"super multi-green mag" Cp barrels, LX bolt, no-rise, intelli, 47ci flatline, halo................
    Red dragun body, turbo valve, 12" Boomstick, Spud magics anti-chop bolt with quickstrip, ELCD, nitroduck 68CI,Gas thru stock, 12V revy, AGD Warpfeed system
    Xen's paintball pages

Originally posted by xen_100
    I will mention one other issue no one has mentioned. if you get an LPR, makes sure it is not one that can be adjusted by hand. ( IE: jackhammer, rockreg with rock-knob ,etc) on an imp, that is another way to adjust the chrono speed. (can you say dial-a-welt?) on tournys, they will ban your gun until you fix it.
    The Jack Hammer that comes from ND comes with a knob that has a set screw so you can't turn it up on the field. Totaly Tourny legal. They also sell that knob separatly so people who already have a Jack Hammer can make theri guns legal.

Noone says the evil respirator

Although NOONE recomended the evil respirator. I talked to a few people that have owned it, and i just purchased one, ill let everyone know how it works.

Originally posted by Wank107
    Although NOONE recomended the evil respirator. I talked to a few people that have owned it, and i just purchased one, ill let everyone know how it works.
    Good call ask for advice and don't listen to us lol.

I've heard alot of positive things abouth the evils. As long as you keep it lubed it will be nice and happy. AHave fun

Smile

Although I haven't tried any of the other lpr regs I do have the evil respirator and I have to say I've had good luck with it. The only downfall I can complain about is that I did have a tough time getting it broken in. It seemed with use there were needed adjustments, but after a few usings it has performed great and I couldn't be happier. The one good thing I liked when I bought it was that it was smaller and less likely to break than other regs when I bought it. Good luck with yours