Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's this? Gun laws don't save lives......

What's this? Gun laws don't save lives......

What do you know?

The CDC released a report today in Atlanta, GA found no proof that they reduce firearms violence.

In every case studied by the CDC task force, they found insufficient evidence to determine effectiveness.

What do you know? Maybe the liberals will found their own "independent" reseach group to discredit the CDC now that their beloved CDC has undercut the whole gun control movement!

Soure: AP reports by Kristen Wyatt

Now maybe NJ will let me get that carry permit....yeah and monkeys might fly outta my .....

this only a couple months after they found out that games like GTA and CS actually increase hand-eye coordination and lower reaction times.

could it be that some ppl are living life up side down?
    "I want to thank the Canadian people who came out to wave, with all five fingers, for their hospitality,” -President Bush (Tuesday November 30/04)

Better to Reign in Hell than Serve in Heaven

Re: What's this? Gun laws don't save lives......

Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

Now maybe NJ will let me get that carry permit
    "You'll shoot your eye out, kid"

"Automags.org. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Of course the laws dont work, the gangbangers purchase everything ilegally so theirs no paperwork anyways. It doesnt matter what you ban, illegal gun/ acessories sales only profit from increased anti gun legislation. The National Fiearms Act of 1934 banned the pocession of machineguns to all, except Class 3 license owners.
    However, just a year ago this quiet Korean kid in my class got riddled by a MAC-10 at a phone booth talking to his parents as part of some "gang initiation". They probably bought the thing for a bargain.

Oh well, I wouldnt really care if they banned everyone from owning all guns ('cept myself) as long as they let ME have a tommy gun

Eigh... anti gun politics annoy me... hell would they rather me go on a rampage with a baseball bat and a pack of wooden pencils?

AFTICA 4 Life! the low rent (unsponsored) AGD team at IAO
    Team Sandbaggers: 2k4 Texball Champs of the world!

SFL Emag
    RTP abomination
    Sydarm + scenario project VM-68 to be featured later.

jus fifgured that out

man i did my 8th grade tern paper on how crappy gun contro is and how it dosent work and im a senior now

I think Chris Rock (the comedian) has the right idea. In one of his stand-up specials, he proposes the idea that everyone should be allowed to own a gun, but charge $1000 per bullet. That way when some guy steps on your shoe or something stupid you'll pull out your gun but you'll say "Wait a minute ... I might need that $1000 bullet for some other time."

edit:
    Last edited by Ultimator; 10-03-2003 at 11:58 PM.
    The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage.

SkeL Guest
    Originally posted by Ultimator
    I think Sinbad (the comedian) has the right idea. In one of his stand-up specials, he proposes the idea that everyone should be allowed to own a gun, but charge $1000 per bullet. That way when some guy steps on your shoe or something stupid you'll pull out your gun but you'll say "Wait a minute ... I might need that $1000 bullet for some other time."
    Um, I'm pretty sure that was Chris Rock.....

I can make bullets at home if I really wanted too. Way cheaper than $1000 a bullet. Unless I wanted to make hotdog .50cal bullets made from gold or something.

Unfortunately, I think the only conclusion you can make from that CDC study is that you can't make a conclusion either way. The studies that were cited were too few in number, generally had poor technique, and were too inconsistent to allow for any reasonable interpretation of the data other than, "Heck if I know". I would love to see more research in the field to try to determine which way the scale tilts, and I imagine that organizations like the NRA and the Brady Campaign would have to chip in to make it happen.

Collegeboy Guest
    What’s this capital punishment does not decrease murders!

So I guess the conservatives will have to fund and create there own think tank to come up with lies about how it does, so they can go on to believe in what they do.

Lets be consistent here.

I am not for the controlling of all guns, just some.

Why in the US do we have the highest murder tolls in the world in the developed countries? We do not have the most guns per person; we do not have the most people. So why?

Originally posted by Collegeboy
    What’s this capital punishment does not decrease murders!

So I guess the conservatives will have to fund and create there own think tank to come up with lies about how it does, so they can go on to believe in what they do.

Lets be consistent here.

I am not for the controlling of all guns, just some.

Why in the US do we have the highest murder tolls in the world in the developed countries? We do not have the most guns per person; we do not have the most people. So why?
    And the resident arguement for birth control chimes in....

Its interesting... Japan has some of the strictest gun laws in the world... when they were building the man made island airport out there they had a group of extremist environmentalists shell the damn thing with 75mm moartar rounds.... WTF?

We need to take all this cash we are spending on the drug war, gun control, etc etc etc and spend it on education.

Stop trying to stop stupid people from being stupid... it isnt going to happen... make brighter kids so that they grow up to know the difference between being stupid and smart.

<shrug> Nobody will ever have all the right answers... its all just opinions, and we all know how that old saying goes.
    Sig image must be under 20k

What's this capital punishment does not decrease murders!
    Hey CB,
    What is the recidivism rate amoung executed murderers?

That is one group that will never kill again, eh?

Hey CB,

Look up Thomas Trantino and then come back to me about capital punishment.

Ah, finally, someone has "figured this out"... i like a line that P.J. O'rourke said...

"A well armed society is a polite society"

now.. just gotta get a handgun and my CCW before the michigan lawmakers decide to take that right away from me...

and it still boggles my mind how some people think that laws are followed by everyone, and that new ones will make people follow the ones they didn't follow before...

and CB... really...

if the appeals system was a little shorter and criminals were actually executed within a few months, rather than 10+ years of their conviction, you can bet there would be less capital crimes.

---Fred
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Collegeboy Guest
    Originally posted by Fred

and CB... really...

if the appeals system was a little shorter and criminals were actually executed within a few months, rather than 10+ years of their conviction, you can bet there would be less capital crimes.

---Fred
    Then alot more innocents will die.

IDE, what is the rate of murderers killing people once they are in jail for life, and stay in until they die?

To get this back on topic from my statement to show the onesidedness of people's arguement.

I agree with officergoat. You have to change the children, they are the future. No matter how many guns you take away, people will still get them.

IDE, what is the rate of murderers killing people once they are in jail for life, and stay in until they die?
    Look up Thomas Trantino!!! Learn about him then get back to me!

Oh and how many more do they kill if left in jail for life. Only other inmates, but those don't count eh? Ask Robert "Mudman" Simon about that. Oh right you can't, he was killed by another inmate. (Of course in that case, I was in favor of a medal for the inmate instead of another trial). Or you could ask that priest up in boston who got killed in jail. Dead murderers NEVER kill again.*

*with the exception of Jason, Freddy, Michael Meyers, etc.....

1stdeadeye, I think you would have really had fun living in ancient Rome with your penchent for speedily enforced executions and "dead criminals". You like football, you could even be entertained while your at it at the coloseum. Sure lots of innocents would die by mistake but I'm sure you know what the ceasars all knew, "if you wanna' make an omlet yah gotta break a few eggs". Oh well, yer gonna' have to snag a DeLorean to make that trip happen

Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
    Dead murderers NEVER kill again.*

*with the exception of Jason,

He wasn't a murderer. He was an artist with Blood and machetes.

Collegeboy Guest
    Thomas Trantino should not have been paroled. Clearly something that needed to be fixed and something that did get fixed. Notice in my statement they shouldn't be allowed parole and should be keep seperate from other none murderers.

1de while I looked up your person why don't you look up 23 for me.

Adams, James
    Anderson, William Henry
    Applegate, Everett
    Bambrick, Thomas
    Becker, Charles
    Becker, Frank ("Dago") Cirofici
    Collins, Roosevelt
    Dawson, Sie
    Garner, Vance
    Grezchowiak, Stephen
    Grezchowiak, Max Rybarczyk
    Hauptmann, Bruno Richard
    Hill, Joe
    Lamble, Harold
    Mays, Maurice
    McGee, Willie
    Nicola, Sacco
    Bartolomeo, Vanzett
    Sanders, Albert
    Sberna, Charles
    Shumway, R. Mead
    Tucker, Charles Louis
    Wing, George Chew

We need more carry permits. People have a legal right to own guns for thier personal protection and it's proven to lower crime.

England is learning the hard way that taking the guns away from the law abiding public is NOT the answer.

Originally posted by Konigballer
    1stdeadeye, I think you would have really had fun living in ancient Rome with your penchent for speedily enforced executions and "dead criminals". You like football, you could even be entertained while your at it at the coloseum. Sure lots of innocents would die by mistake but I'm sure you know what the ceasars all knew, "if you wanna' make an omlet yah gotta break a few eggs". Oh well, yer gonna' have to snag a DeLorean to make that trip happen
    Wasn't me that said make them speedy!

I don't want to see any innocents executed, but I do want to see the guilty knocked out of the game. I think they drag on too long now. With all the modern technology we have now, I can't see why it should take 15 years to execute anyone. 5-7 years tops! Or is that too speedy?

Also big no no on public executions! I want to see blood and gore, I'll go see the Texas Chainsaw Massacre!

Unfortunately I have to agree with CB on this one... thought not for any of the moral reasons he would like me to.

I was in favor of capital punishment, and beleive in a system where capital punishment is available, but we are assure we do not execute the innocent. With some exceptions (I would expect the names CB listed, though I have no intention of looking up a point I will concede to) the system as it is currently used, basically assures we do not execute the innocent.

However, the system as it is now, costs more to execute someone than it does to put them in prison for life (WITHOUT PAROLE). I beleive that if we started making our laws mean what they say - life in prison being life, not 25 years, we would gain more than we would with capital punishment, considering the cost (I do realize that this hurts prison control some as there is no "merit system" to encourage behaviour).

I also beleive that those convicted to such terms should be housed away from other prisoners, with stricter security - it may even require solitary confinement as done in some Texas private prisons.

Just had to chime in
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

BTW - I do not beleive the federal government has the legal standing to limit what I can own in the way of firearms.... though I would support a law that allowed individuals to only possess those weapons generally defined as small arms in military jargon (and you would be surprised at whats there). The purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to insure a strong public.

BTW - Stalin and Hitler both had strict gun control in place when they came to power, I wonder how far their reigns of terror would have gone with a well armed public.

Originally posted by SprayingMango
    We need more carry permits. People have a legal right to own guns for thier personal protection and it's proven to lower crime.

England is learning the hard way that taking the guns away from the law abiding public is NOT the answer.
    Amen to that brother!!!

Check out the crime rates in Florida before and after they became the most liberal concealed carry state in the nation. Pull the FBI repoort as it is all the facts and only the facts. Makes for some interesting reading! You love to read CB, enjoy!!!

Collegeboy Guest
    Originally posted by Lohman446

BTW - Stalin and Hitler both had strict gun control in place when they came to power, I wonder how far their reigns of terror would have gone with a well armed public.

It is not my belief that the militia mentioned in the second amendment is the same idea of any person in the country, as it is now defined. A quick look into what was defined as a militia back then, as defined by many military historians today is not what we think they are.

But that IMO doesn't matter. Taking away guns does not stop murders. Neither does owning guns IMO too. But to each his own. I even own a gun, though it is a over and under 12 gauge that I shoot trap with.

There is a society problem we have has a nation that causes these murders. Something needs to be done about it.

As to your statement about Stalin and Hitler. The same thing would have happened. They had a psychological backing around them. The public was behind them until it was too late. Gun or no gun, the same thing would have happened.

gun control is irrelevent if your wacko enough to want a person dead your going to find a way gun or not.
    "The Few Who Do Are The Envy Of The Many Who Only Stand And Watch"

Alway Remember *343*

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Moral of the argument at hand?

Paper laws do not make good bullet proof vests.

A gun law can only go so far, hell, if someone wants you shot, you WILL be shot.

Originally posted by Lohman446

yeah, but they had the death penalty. You get caught with a gun you die...you can pick which one you like...either, death penalty or few gun laws. Either way....it's going to have the same effect on small crimes....

I live in a pretty strict country (Canada), No automatics, no semi-auto clips over 5 bullets, no pistols unless youre an olympic shooter (or training for that)...

The crime rate actually augmented since we have that law...
    bla bla bla, does anyone read this anyway ?