Thread: New Flatline 45k Reg Seat.. which way?!?

New Flatline 45k Reg Seat.. which way?!?

I searched and found a thread on it but all Tom Kaye said was the groove goes up..

Well.. which way is up?!?!

Is up when ya put the reg together on the tank and hold the tank up to the reg is up top, or is up when you unscrew the reg and are putting in the seat? grr... lol

Here is a pic:

Hard to tell but the "groove" is facing up in this pic, so is it right side up, or do I need to flip it the other way?

Also... I heard there is a different way to install the reg seat.. some part goes first or somethin... any info on that?

Thank you to anyone that can help me

~

the reg seat has a beveled edge on it that need to match up with the reg piston stem.

Hills
    NVE-mag
    Certified Airgun Tech.

Ok.... So I am sure I got it right then, in that picture the groove and the beveled edge on the inside hole are facing up. When the stem is through the hole the tip fits inside that beveled edge on the hole.

I put it all back together and it apears to be working ok. So.. did I get it right?

Arrow

Did you reuse the reg seat when you put it in backwards?
    I wouldn't reuse regseats, they just get to messed up when you take them off.

Hills

I never put it in backwards, I put it groove side up like in the picture... hopefully that was right, because when it is all together the groove faces down twards the tank.. which is why I was confused, lol

The easiest way is to put the tapered side of the seat up in the pocket, flip it over and push it down on a table, drop the piston in from the back side and then push in the piston with an allen wrench from the back side. Once it's in, lift the reg. off the table and push in the piston the rest of the way with your allen wrench and then use your fingers to push the seat fully into the pocket.

I shoulda done that instead of using my thumb to push it in whole holding the piston in place with an alan key.. once the seat popped in it poked my finger hard, lol

So... I got the reg seat in the right way?? From the picture above the side with the groove is facing up, that's the right way right?

Thanks BlackVCG