Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: AO Army Need You to POST!!!!

I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place. I'm in a happy place...
    click here for feedback
    Fear the Ninja

ok, im gonna post,
    AO MEMBER# 2967
    No Limit
    check out these killers...
    NFeel The JoyN

L3T5 Le3+ Po5+ wHore? +o +He M4XImu5

Southeastern Wisconsin....Automag Country
    Can't sleep, clowns will eat me......

Hey
    AIM: FalconGuy016
    BANG!!!

I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...

69 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000 1100 1200 1300 1400 1500 1600 1700 1800 1900
    Search for text:

Date Range From: Year
    Month NoneJanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSept emberOctoberNovemberDecemberNissanIyarSivanTamuzAv ElulTishreiCheshvanKislevTevetShvatAdarAdar II
    Day None1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272 8293031
    Date Range To: Year
    Month NoneJanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSept emberOctoberNovemberDecemberNissanIyarSivanTamuzAv ElulTishreiCheshvanKislevTevetShvatAdarAdar II
    Day None1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272 8293031

Names Index

Entries Index

1800 1810 1820 1830 1840 1850 1860 1870 1880 1890
    1820 - 1899 (5 Av 5659) AZRIEL HILDESHEIMER (Germany)

Rabbi, educator, and leader of Orthodox Jewry. Hildesheimer was one of the few Orthodox rabbis to have both a secular and religious education. After studying Semitics, philosophy, and history he received his doctorate in 1846 from the University of Halle. He served as a Rabbi in Eisenstadt where he was criticized for establishing a school which also taught secular subjects. Though a strong opponent of the Reform movement, Hildesheimer tried to find common ground between the Reform and Orthodox movements in Hungary but eventually gave up in frustration. Moving to Berlin he became Rabbi of congregation Adass Jisroel and founded the first rabbinical seminary in Germany where he implemented the philosophies of his friend, Samson Rafael Hirsch. Hildesheimer was an active supporter of Jewish life in Eretz Israel and helped improve educational standards there as well as establishing an orphanage in 1879. He was the author of numerous responsa as well as a new edition of Halachot Gedolot, a halachic code belonging to the Geonic period.

1820 GRODNO (Poland)

Ritual murder libel was provoked by the Jesuits.

1820 - 1880 SECOND WAVE OF JEWISH IMMIGRATION TO AMERICA (USA)

The Jewish population of the United States rose from 10,000 to 250,000. (From 1830-1870 mostly German Jews arrived.)

1820 March 4, ALEXANDER I (Russia)

Prohibited the employment of Christian servants by Jews.

1820 March 9, SPAIN

A royal decree officially abolished the Spanish Inquisition, though in reality it was actually only brought to an end on July 15, 1834.

1821 December 24, - 1891 LEON (YEHUDA) PINSKER (Russia)

Renowned physician and early Zionist. Pinsker's conduct during the cholera epidemic of 1848 earned him respect and admiration. His ideas on Zionism were set out in his pamphlet "Auto-Emancipation" (see 1887), which was the first textbook analysis of Modern Zionism. Pinsker believed in the purchasing of land and immigration of Jews as a first step in solving the problem of anti-Semitism.

1822 - 1866 ALEXANDER SALMON (England-Tahiti)

While on a trip to the south seas, he met and fell in love with the beautiful 20 year old princess of the Teva clan, Princess Arrioehau. According to Tahitian law it was illegal to marry a foreigner. Queen Pomare IV abrogated the law by royal decree for 3 days by which time Salmon was given the title Ariitaimai and they married. Their daughter was the last queen of the Island and their son befriended Robert Louis. He became a spokesman for the islanders and his memoirs were published by the historian, Henry Adams.

1823 AFFAIR OF THE HATS (Tunisia)

The local bey (ruler) ordered all Jews, whether locals or foreigners, to wear a three corner cap. Despite the protests of European countries, the order was only rescinded seven years later when a new bey (Ahmad) came to power

1823 BAVARIAN GOVERNMENT

Owed more than 21% of its public debt to Jews.

1823 - 1892 ERNEST RENAN (France)

A French historian who was regarded as the "Father of anti-Semitic anthropology". He described the Jews as selfish exploiters trying to entrap "honest Christians".

1823 - 1852 FERDINAND GOTTHOLD EISENSTEIN (Germany)

One of the most noted mathematicians of his day, especially in the field of algebra.

1823 - 1897 SABATO MORAIS (Italy-USA)

Hazzan, rabbi and reformist. He broke with the Pittsburgh Platform (see 1885) and formed his own more traditional branch of Judaism. He was a professor of Bible at Maimonides College in Philadelphia and one of the founders of the Jewish Theological Seminary in New York.

1823 CZAR ALEXANDER I (Russia)

Banned Jews from leasing farming lands and even living in small villages. Alexander, afraid the Jews would have undo influence on local peasants, decided to force them to move to larger cities where it would be easier to keep an eye on them.

1824 ENGLAND

The society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, S.P.C.A., was founded by Louis Gompertz.

1824 - 1904 KALONYMUS ZE'EV WISSOTZKY (Russia)

Merchant and philanthropist. Wissotzky was one of the earliest supporters of the Zionist movement. He established a successful tea house which still bears his name. Upon his death, he left his share of the business (one million Rubles) to charity, part of which went to found the Technion in Haifa.

1824 - 1883 SIR GEORGE JESSEL (England)

First Jew to become a judge in England. His greatest contribution was in English equity law.

1824 - 1898 (19 Sivan 5658) SAMUEL MOHILEVER (Russia)

Talmudic scholar and one of the leading Orthodox rabbis of Eastern Europe. A graduate from the famous Volozhin Yeshiva, he was conversant in math, engineering, and a number of languages. Mohilever encouraged Baron Edmond de Rothschild to support the resettling of Russian families in Eretz Israel and was a mediator between the settlers and Rothschild in various disagreements which arose. He was the founder of Mizrachi, a religious Zionist organization, and one of the founders of the Hovevei Zion (Lovers of Zion, 1881).

1824 August 10, ALL FOREIGN JEWS WERE PROHIBITED FROM SETTLING IN RUSSIA

Alexander I, after an initial period of liberalism, reverted to the anti-Jewish position of his predecessors. He began with forbidding Jews to have Christian servants and culminated just before his death with banishing all Jews from larger villages in the Mohilev and Vitbesk districts.

1825 - 1864 FERDINAND LASSALLE (Germany)

Builder of the German Labor movement and Social Democracy. He rejected Marx in favor of reform and universal suffrage, fighting for the right of all to vote. Those who were against his new ideas called Lassalle "The terrible Jew". He was killed in a duel over a woman.

1825 - 1855 REIGN OF CZAR NICHOLAS I, BROTHER OF ALEXANDER (1796-1889) (Russia)

Made nervous by liberal developments in neighboring countries, he isolated Russia and banned Western ideas and liberalism. Half of the twelve thousand anti-Jewish laws passed between 1649-1881 originated during his reign. As an officer Nicholas had written in his diary that the Jews were "leeches who attach themselves to the populace and suck its blood."

1825 January 13, RUSSIA

Prior to his death, Alexander I expelled all the Jews from Mohilev and Vitebsk.

1825 September, MORDECHAI EMMANUEL NOAH (USA)

Led a parade in New York City declaring Grand Island a Jewish city. The 2500 acre Island was bought by Samuel Legget. It was part of Noah's colonization dream to provide a refuge for his Jewish brethren. He was to call his city Ararat. Few people took him up on his dream and the plan soon disintegrated.

1826 LAST KNOWN AUTO DA FE (Valencia, Spain)

A poor school master was executed for adhering to Judaism. The Auto da Fe ceremony, accompanied by vitriolic sermons, had served to announce the punishments of those who were deemed guilty by the Inquisition of "backsliding". Often, but not always, those deemed guilty were burned at the stake (quemadero). It is estimated that approximately 30,000 people lost their lives, with hundreds of thousand receiving lesser punishments during the almost 350 years that the Inquisition was in existence.

1826 POPE LEO XII

Rebuilt the ghetto in Ancona, which had been demolished by Napoleon.

1827 ABOLITION OF THE MORE JUDAICO (the Jewish oath) (France)

France becomes one of the first countries (after Holland in 1818) to abolish the oath. The More Judaico was the oath that a Jew had to take when bringing a gentile to court. This degrading oath had been in existence since Emperor Justinian (see 615) and was used throughout most of Europe.

1827 September 7, CANTONIST EDICT OF NICHOLAS I (Russia)

Czar Nicholas I proclaimed his Statute of Conscription and Military Service which allowed Jewish youths between 12 and 18 to be forcibly conscripted into the army and forced to serve for 25 years. Although drafting of 18 year olds for 25 years or service had been in effect since the 17th century, this statute made military service compulsory. A quota was placed on the Jewish community. Often children were simply kidnapped, which was usually done via an agent called a "Chapper". One of Nicholas' goals was to estrange as many children as possible from the Jewish religion, and he encouraged them to change their names and accept baptism.

1828 - 1848 JULIUS FERDINAND COHN (Germany)

Botanist and father of bacteriology. He proved the existence of chlorophyll and was the first to define the nature of bacteria. Cohn invented a method of filtering water which was instrumental in halting the cholera epidemic of 1852. In Breslau he was denied a doctorate because he refused to convert, but eventually he received one in Berlin.

1828 - 1903 NAHUM SALOMON (Coventry, England)

Inventor, first manufacturer of bicycles, and the man who introduced the sewing machine to England. He also helped to develop the saccharin industry.

1829 ISAAC JOST (Germany) (1793-1860)

Published the first history of the Jews by a Jew since Josephus, preceding Graetz by almost 50 years. His approach was rationalistic. He began with the Maccabees and ended in the nineteenth century.

1829 October 14, - 1884 EDWARD LASKER (Germany)

One of the first German Jews to enter politics. A defender of his people, he introduced the law which gave the Orthodox the right to establish their own school system.

1829 November 16, - 1894 ANTON RUBINSTEIN (Russia)

Renowned Russian pianist and composer. He was a rival of Liszt and a pupil of Chopin. Rubinstein founded the Russian Music Society and became the first head of the St. Petersberg Conservatory. His works included ten symphonies, among them the Ocean Symphony and over 100 vocal pieces containing such operas such as The Demon (1871), The Maccabees (1875), Nero (1879), Sulamith (1883) and Moses (1887). Even today, he is considered one of the greatest pianists of all times.

1800 1810 1820 1830 1840 1850 1860 1870 1880 1890

Visit the History Central's online store:
    HistoryShopping.com

Other Products:
    Customized T-shirts, mugs, posters, mouse pads Hi-quality photos.. etc.

G
    Suggest a link for this section. Just submit the URL along with your email address and a description of the link and we try to include it in this section.

URL:
    Description:

Age of Jackson by Arthur Schlesinger

The Great Road : The Building of the Baltimore and Ohio, the Nation's First Railroad, 1828-1853
    by James D. Dilts, Es D. Dilts

1820 - 1830 AD

Revolts in Spain and Portugal, Missouri Compromise, Greek War of Independence, Electromagnetic Induction, Ashanti War Begun, Brazil Independent, Ferdinand VII King of Spain, Monroe Doctrine, 1st Anglo Burmese War, Decembrist Uprising, Erie Canal Opened, Battle of Navarino, Janissarries Killed, William Blake Dies, Uruguay Independant, Age of Jackson, Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, Treaty of Adrianople

1820 AD Revolts in Spain and Portugal -A revolt breaks out in Spain when Colonel Rafael Reigo demands that the French constitution of 1812 be restored. Ferdinand VII does so on March 7, 1820. On August 24th a revolt against British regency in Portugal breaks out. A liberal constitutional monarchy is created and John VI living in exile in Brazil, is invited to head it.
    1820 AD Missouri Compromise - This was the first major compromise between those states favoring slavery and those opposing slavery. Under the terms of the agreement, Missouri was to be admitted as as slave state, while Maine was admitted as as free state. The rest of the territory acquired from France north of the latitude 36º 30' would be free states, while south of that point would be slave states.
    1821 AD Greek War of Independence - The Greek revolution breaks out when the Greeks in Moldavia begin a revolt against the Ottomans. The initial battles of the war begin a pattern of remarkable cruelty by both sides. Each slaughters tens of thousands of combatents and civilians alike.
    On January 13, 1822 the Greek assembly meet and proclaimed its independence from the Ottoman Empire.
    1821 AD Michael Faraday Discovers Electromagnetic Induction - In 1821 Michael Faraday discovered electromagnetic induction.
    1822 AD Ashanti War Begun - The Ashanti war began in west Africa, between the Ashanti's and the Fanti's. The war would go on for 9 years, and each side would inflict cruelties on the other.
    1822 AD Brazil Independent On September 7, 1822 Dom Pedro, the Portuguese regent, declared Brazil independent from Portugal.
    1822 AD Ecuador Free From Spain- On May 24 1822, Antonio Jose de Sucre, Simon Bolivar's lieutenant, defeated the Spanish at the battle of Mount Pichincha near Quito. The victory allowed Ecuador to become independent of Spain, and became part of Greater Columbia.
    1823 AD French Forces Restore Ferdinand VII King of Spain - The French intervened in the Spanish revolution in 1823. They invade Spain and force the rebel forces to hand over Ferdinand VII who they restore to power. Ferdinand then rules Spain with an iron fist for the next ten years.
    1823 AD Monroe Doctrine - The Monroe Doctrine was meant to dissuade the Spanish from attempting to recapture any of their former colonies in South America. It stated: “The American continents are henceforth not to be considered the subjects for future colonization by any European powers.”
    1824 AD 1st Anglo Burmese War On February 24, 1824 the first Anglo-Burmese war began when the British declared war on Burma. The Burmese had captured the island of Shahpuri in violation of the rights that East India Company claimed. The British captured Rangoon on May 11th.
    1825 AD Decembrist Uprising Young Russian aristocrats stage a brief uprising against the Romanov rule. The revolt was short lived, but it was a sign of things to come.
    1825 AD Erie Canal Opened- The Erie Canal consisted of a series of 83 locks along a 363-mile course. The opening of this canal made it possible for people and goods to travel as far west as Minnesota by barge and ship, substantially opening up the West to settlement. It was not until 1852 that trains began traversing the Appalachian mountains, and could compete with the canal.
    1826 AD Battle of Navarino The Greeks, who had been ruled by the Ottomans since the 15th century, revolted. The Ottoman Pasha called for and received assistance from the semi independent Mehemet Ali of Egypt. His son Ibrahim commanded the combined Egyptian Ottoman army and fleet. In 1847 the Ottomans were, with Ali’s help, successfully putting down the rebellion. However, public opinion in Western Europe and Russian imperial desires, combined to bring about an intervention in the war. The Russians, British and French worked together to bring about a ceasefire. When their request was ignored by the Ottoman, they sent a fleet to enforce it. The ceasefire could only be enforced on the sea. The combined fleet began by blockading the Port of Navarrone where the Ottoman ships were located. On October 20, 1827 when it was concluded that the blockade could not be maintained ships under the joint command of British Admiral Codrington, entered the harbor . The inevitable occurred and a battle soon broke out. In the course of the battle the complete Ottoman fleet which was laying at anchor in defensive positions was wiped out. Sixty Ottoman ships were destroyed. Ottoman casualties are estimated to have been 6,000 killed and 4,000 wounded. No Allied ship was destroyed although many were severely damaged.
    1826 AD Janissarries Killed -The Ottoman standing army was called Janissaries. They revolted when the Sultan ordered a new army formed to replace them. The Spahis who were loyal to Mahmud II put down the revolt. The Spahis together with the Ottoman mob massacred over 6,000 of the Janissaries in their barracks.
    1827 AD William Blake Dies In 1827 William Blake the English poet and artist died. His work included Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience.
    1828 AD Uruguay Independant Uruguay became independent under terms of peace treaty between Brazil and Argentina over Banda Orienta.
    1828 AD Age of Jackson -To many, the election of Andrew Jackson represented a new era for America. His election was the first in which a popular vote was taken. He was the first President not to come from the original colonies. Jackson was considered a true popular hero and used his stature to strengthen the power of the presidency.
    1829 AD Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Begun On December 22, 1829, the first passenger railroad in theUnited States opened. The first railroad line ran from the west side of Baltimore to Ellicott's Mills, a distance of 13 miles. In the beginning, the railroad used horse-drawn carriages, but it was not long before steam engines replaced horses.
    1829 AD Treaty of Adrianople -The Russian-Turkish War that had begun in 1828 ended with Treaty of Adrianople. The war concluded to the benefit of Russia marking a decline in Ottoman influence in the Balkans. The Ottomans granted autonomy for both Serbia and Greece, thus ending the Greek War of Independence. In 1832 Greece was officially granted independence under the terms of the Treaty.

Specific Resources:
    Presidential Elections:

-Missouri Compromise- Overview
    Missouri Compromise by James Blaine

Michael Faraday

Brazil

Monroe Doctrine
    Importane of Monroe Doctrine by Admiral Manhan

Anglo Burmese War

Russian Revolutionaries

Erie Canal Official History

Digging the Erie Canal

The Geek Maritime Musuem

Paintings of the Battle and a song

William Blake

Uruguay

Jackson Biography

B&O Musuem

© 2000 MultiEducator, Inc. All rights reserved
    Report Problems here.

w00t

I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place......

Originally posted by Rather
    L3T5 Le3+ Po5+ wHore? +o +He M4XImu5
    LOLZ!!!1111

1 4M T3H 1337 |-|4XXOR!!!1111

Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.

asd

asdasdasd

Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.

i

DISREGARD THE ANGELS IN MY PROFILE, THEY ARE NO LONGER BEING SOLD!

I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...I'm in a happy place...

dhehj

SMOKE...HE'S COMING FOR YOU....

guess

AO SO SLOW!

LONG LIVE AGD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spame-R-Us

Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..Can't sleep clowns will eat me..

Post away! yay

Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.

i want a new snowboard....

Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.Have to PW, or clowns will eat me.

You've Got A Chance
    A rhapsody! Contestants in disguise
    A nation of desire
    But who will win the prize?
    The people stand united,
    Reluctantly aligned
    Copying and lying
    Are the favorite past-time
    You've got a chance
    To confront the world today
    Desperate romance
    Is the curse of castaways
    What good is skill
    If you don't make it to the dance?
    Despite circumstance
    You've got a chance

Common life depicted on afternoon tv,
    Is spiked to give the miserable a vogue identity
    Hate your neighbors,
    Cheat your friends,
    They don't discriminate
    Popularity and fame don't care
    If you're a reprobate

You've got a chance
    To confront the world today
    Desperate romance
    What good is skill
    Despite circumstance
    You've got a chance

I'm tired of all this
    Shakespearean misinformation
    I want to win the game
    You've got the right intentions
    But who's got time to think?
    You've got a noon appointment,
    You've got to hit the links
    You're talking in the stratosphere,
    You're curled up on the floor
    With such a wealth of information,
    Why are you so poor?
    You've got a chance
    To be relevant today
    Desperate romance
    What good is skill
    (don't you believe what the wise men have to say)
    Despite circumstance
    You've got a chance

It's A Long Way To The Promise Land
    It's a long way to the promise land
    So you'd better well know your way
    There's a ship on the ocean
    And an albatross who is trying to lead you astray
    Leaders, politicians, and power whores
    Are in line to receive your choice
    And you bet your EDIT, if you give it to them,
    They will gladly take your voice
    And it's a long way to the promise land