Thread: e-mag problems

e-mag problems

I sent my mag to World Cup to have it checked out, I was having some problems with the solonoid sticking. They replaced the noid and updated the software. I set the settings for the new software at 20 sps, buffer at 24, eyes 0, and total shots was at 30. I have not used the gun since it got back from Cup. I just recieved my lx and was installing it when I started having problems with the electronics. Description of problems to follow:

I began installing the kit with the E mode off. When I was close to finished with that I went to a local field to use their cronny and have unlimited air for testing. I then turned the marker to E mode and started to work on it again. It worked fine for a few minutes then stopped firing, I could not even hear the noid working. I reset the marker by placing the battery pin in and counting to ten then pulling it out. The marker would fire a few times then stop again. The light on the screen was still blinking to show power on. I checked the settings for the board, they had all changed. I reset them and it shot fine for about half a hopper then stopped. The settings had changed again and the shot counter was back to zero. I went through this process for about an hour with the problem getting steadily worse.
    I removed the side panel and visually inspected the board. It looks like they soldered a new noid to the board and overheated the chips next to the solder points.
    I also noticed the software is version 3.0 and I heard they now have 3.2. I am not really sure what the problem is. I know I may end up sending it back to the factory, but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before I called AGD in the morning.

Help here guys...

Well, I don't know if you called yet, but it sounds like a low battery to me. Usually the battery won't "recover" that well, but it's possible. I'd try charging the battery first and see if it fixes it.

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

carrier in the level 10 could be too small. i made that mistake tuning mine the first time. fired a few shots then just stopped.

Speed Kills.........but so does everything else only slower
    OSK
    E-Mag, X-valve w/ level 10 <-- for sale
    Free Flow Lotus Body E-blade