Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Body in development from Deadlywind- Karta for Emag!

a PTP micromag is a body/rail as one piece.. so.. yes, you could replace that one piece with whatever AGD body/rail combo, or Dallara/rail or Karta/rail.. youll need a feeedneck tho, as the ones on the micromag are not angel threaded, if removeable at all (depending on what year you have). everything else *should* just swap over.
    ColinMoritz

Chord, Chord V2, Dallara, Karta, current project: (coming soon)

Wait so you could actually put the dallara body and rail on a micro ptp emag??

sorry.. the dallara's rail is that of an AM/MM... which will not work properly with an Emag setup. ya got me on that one!

ok heres that different variant on the Karta rail design from Arowmic.. I think i like it better than the one in the first posts..

***edit- these are the same design now as the ones inthe first post. they have been updated. links still provided for those who reeeeaaalllly wanna see a red version. :-p

http://deadlywind.com/karta/latest_w...ip_v2rail1.jpg

and

http://deadlywind.com/karta/latest_w...ip_v2rail2.jpg

out!
    Last edited by nicad; 11-21-2003 at 06:07 PM.

I have a really big one if anyone wants to see it now that nicad released the pictures himself.

I think you'll like mine too if you like this one nicad... but that's only if i finish before you produce! lol

Originally posted by nicad
    ok heres that different variant on the Karta rail design from Arowmic.. I think i like it better than the one in the first posts..
    YES, thats much better!

LittlePaintballBoy Guest

out!
    Oooooooh, ahhhhhhhhhhh. I LOVE IT!

But the real question is, is it easier to make(thus cheaper for the consumer)? Both look really nice in my opinion.

Price!!

unless the magic pixie-faerie dust falls somehow, I would expect the Karta to be no less than the Dallara.. especially seeing as how the Emag rail is more expensive to start off with, and theres more surface area to mill/polish on it.

but.. who knows. I have some slugs and an emag rail on the way, so I should be getting a first run done soon and figure out what the final cost will be.

out!

Thumbs up I like them both, but the first one blends together both pieces...Awesome!

Great work. I have shown it to many and they love it. Expect a big demand. Besides, if it is around $240, that's only $50 more than a ULE body $150 and rail milling $40.
    Later,
    Matt

Originally posted by RenagadeOfFunkRTPcf

also....I would need to purchase a e-mag rail so huch much for rail and body? (its just a question once you find out prices)
    he said no less than the dallara.
    plus they're not even finished so no price. he said that too

Nicad, your body is Pure Sexyness

edited first post to reflect newer updated pics.

very nice bodies!! They look really light!! Any warp ones coming out?
    Bolter
    Storm Uk

Originally posted by Bolter
    very nice bodies!! They look really light!! Any warp ones coming out?
    There won't be any warp sluggos coming out for a bit...

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

Originally posted by FooTemps

There won't be any warp sluggos coming out for a bit...
    Which is a darn shame. Some of us warp users would like to get a nice looking ULE body...
    TEAM SYNDICATE

My Ebay Feedback

I'm lovin the new revision! Can't wait till they're availible.

I really want AGD to come out with a sluggo rail... That'd make life so much easier... I've been working on the same design for 4 days and I can't draw it right with only like .2 inches to actually mill!

hot damn! thats secksy!
    Proud Member Of The AO Cesspool Since 08-24-2002

Any closer to production date and price?

I already have two sold for you.
    Matt

Milling the battery pack with three horizontal lines around making grips?

Hey,
    I had an idea. What about milling three finger wide spaces in the battery pack from one side wrapping around to the other thus creating grips and leave it raw so it would like like an E on the sides? It would give it a black and silver look and would give something more to hold on at the same time. Might look great with a raw milled rail and save a bit of weight. Would that be hard, how long and how much would you estimate? I think that would be an awesome look with your amazing body and rail combo. The battery cover is the biggest, flatest and plain pieces on the gun. I would send a picture if I knew how.
    Let me know,
    Matt

Are you baseing the rail milling off the current AGD E-mag rail? I assume yes, but I wasn't sure if there was a change somewhere that would cause a problem like with the Dallaras
    2003 SuperBowl Champions!, THE New England Patriots!

He was constantly reminded of how startlingly different a place the world was when viewed from a point only three feet to the left.
    My Feedback

Why dont you fellas get really creative and make an imbetted body rail, its not that hard, and it will look super duper neeto torpedo....prolly weigh like 2 oz less too!
    "I'll see it when I believe it"

Originally posted by Person
    Why dont you fellas get really creative and make an imbetted body rail, its not that hard, and it will look super duper neeto torpedo....prolly weigh like 2 oz less too!
    read the thread. yes all of it. lol its been mention, and hes given his answer on that too

Originally posted by Person
    here is Nicad's comment

a body/rail combo would be optimal.. however getting a base to start with is the problem. There are some who make their own body/rails from scratch... but as for modifying existing professionaly made bodies, your limited to pretty much Xmag base or PTP Micromag base.

The slug on a rail affords a semi-cost effictive solution to customizing and it is actually easier to access areas of it for milling.
    Basicaly it's a lot cheaper to start with something than nothing

Headcase is right. The emag rail has like nothing to mill. sluggo rail please! Makes it a lot easier to design something.

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    It would be cool to see a collaboration of products between AGD and nicad. Although unlikley..

But to offer an in house complete custom emag. Karta rail/body setup + AGD ULE frame(or nicad's if he makes one) and a valve all factory supported by AGD..

It looks good though.
    AO #765
    CCM Series 5
    Prerelease Impulse
    Hyperframed Warped Mag w/flatline tank
    Feedback.

Good to know that somone of Tom's status seeks "relief" from a sport he helped create. A sport now ruled by a single patent.

Got #001 off the mill just this last week. rikkter spoke up first and said he will take it.. so he picked it up here at Tx Throwdown, and hes the proud owner.

heres a coupla shots of it.. in living color!

out!

WOW WOW WOW!!!! I cant wat to get some $$$$
    I think there for, I am I think. am I?

holy balls
    thats sweet
    "The Few Who Do Are The Envy Of The Many Who Only Stand And Watch"

Alway Remember *343*

Si vis pacem, para bellum