Thread: Flatline reg leaking

Flatline reg leaking

Hey,

First, I hope this is the correct forum for a flatline issue - I looked for one for flatlines but didnt see one. If I missed it, sorry bout that.

Ive just bought the new xvalve and use a 68ci flatline tank - I was adjusting the flatline with my gun and all of a sudden started getting leaking through the flatline regulator...from the seam along the mid section of the regulator. (I took off the dovetail mount thing so I can see it)

No matter what I do now it wont stop leaking air when its turned on - sometimes is steady, noise isnt quite a whistle but its close. It sounds like the pressure of the air leaking out is oscillating a bit when I have the tank full.

I was told by a friend to just send it in but I wanted to see if there was anything I could do on my own.

Thanks!

Nick

what are you senting it at?

Im guessing that was supposed to be setting.

I was trying to get it in at 650-750 and thats when the leak began - while I was adjusting it. I think it was originally around 600.

Well first try breaking it down and cleaning it out etc.. then see if it still does so.

I took it apart part way - there was this stuff that looked like silver snow flakes - at first i thought it was dust but when I touched it, it appeared to be some kind of lubricant. Wasnt sure if I should clean it off or not.

Turn off the tank, bleed all of the pressure and take off the dovetail clamp piece.

Now, unscrew the front reg. body from the tank. Check the o-ring on the reg. body and clean it off. Put a drop of paintball gun oil on it and then screw it back in to the tank. Make sure to fully tighten it by putting an allen wrench in the hole of the reg. body and tightening it down. Gas it up again and see if it leaks. If it is for sure coming around the seam of where the reg. body and tank screw together, you need to replace that reg. body o-ring.