Thread: deer huntin' season!

deer huntin' season!

I did a search and didnt find any other threads about this so I hope that this isnt an echo.

This last weekend was opening weekend of white tail rifle season here in Wisconsin. This was my first opening weekend, since for the past 4 years I've only been able to hunt second weekend (usually when all the deer are spooked beyond belief). Well our camp (6 guys) got 4 deer, all bucks, one ten pointer, a fork horn, and two spikers...

And the best part is... I got two! woohoo for me and these are my first two deer ever! woohoo for me again

**if you dont like pictures of slain deer, dont look at the one below**

Liberalism is a persistent vegatative state.
    Nice man, nothin like a full deer pole in the fall.

Bow huntin' is where it's at.

yep that too. I love it more than gun hunting. No one else in the woods, nice and quiet and the trees are just turning.

yah, a week or so ago, I was playing with my dads bow in the back yard and it seems like something that I hope to get into in the future... plus you get to wear cammo!

our opening season was the 15th, i got a big nine point, i'll put up a picture when i get home.

We don't let ppl hunt on our property and we feed the deer. I don't see how chasing a defenseless animal with a firearm is fun. I let my ex shoot a deer once on our property... He asked me to help clean it... when I touched it, it was still warm. Made me realize that he has just killed something living. I haven't touched deer meat since. I can't hardly even stand to go to the store and be in the meat dept. But I understand that ppl like deer meat and such, and theres nothing wrong with it.. I just don't like it.

Originally posted by Digi_Gyrl
    We don't let ppl hunt on our property and we feed the deer. I don't see how chasing a defenseless animal with a firearm is fun. I let my ex shoot a deer once on our property... He asked me to help clean it... when I touched it, it was still warm. Made me realize that he has just killed something living. I haven't touched deer meat since. I can't hardly even stand to go to the store and be in the meat dept. But I understand that ppl like deer meat and such, and theres nothing wrong with it.. I just don't like it.
    Do you wear leather? Eat beef? Chicken?

Your choice to not hunt is fine, and your reasons are valid.

However, those of us that choose to hunt, myself for example, accept the fact that my food comes from somewhere, it might as well be by my own hand. Guess it's also partly in how you were raised too.

Hunting was always a big part of my life growing up, it's being lost in this country at a huge rate. I'm pretty sure when my generation is gone, the numbers of huters will be nearly zero.

And that's too bad, it's hunters that pay for wildlife programs. It's the animals that will suffer in the long run.

we always donate our deer to share your harvest, you give the deer to the butcher, or the processing plant and pay a $35 fee and the process the meat and give it to a family in the area that cannot afford food, its pretty cool.

Also i would much rather the deer be thinned every year with their bodies, all that they had to give going to something worthy(such as feeding a family(i also realise that some people just discard the carcass, which is NOT cool)) as opposed to them over populating and then starving themselves to death, where in the end it won't even feed the scavengers,

but your beleifs are totally cool and i respect you for sticking up for them.

Like I said.. I don't condemn yall for eating them.. and noodlehead ur right about thinning.. and I think its wonderful that you share Happy Thanksgiving!

Ours openeed the 8th IIRC. So far we(me and my dad) have got an 8 point, and a 3 point. We got a nice hog too a couple weeks ago.