Thread: MicroMag ball detente?

MicroMag ball detente?

I need some help in finding an alternative to the Proteam ball detente that comes with the micromag. Out of all the complaints I have heard from players with this gun; the ball detente always comes up. After a few games and some use the detente eventually wears out and will stop functioning properly, it will start double feeding which begins nasty breaks in the barrel. Does anyone have suggestions, besides buying a $12.00 ball detente from Proteam.

-=Squid=- Guest
    PTP ball detents are excellent, I have yet to see one fail, and if you dont want to pay the minute fee to buy a new one, your going to have to pay an even larger sum. Your only other alternative is to have a hole drilled and tapped to take a threaded detent, but then you have the groove milled for the PTP detent showing. Sounds like your SOL.

You are probably right

I purhcased this gun about a year ago through a local socal shop. The micromag I have is the first edition series with the fixed barrel. And of course the store had now idea how lon they had it. It could be that It was just the time for the detente to break down. I'll give it shot and pay the $12.00!

-=Squid=- Guest

Re: You are probably right

Originally posted by MrClean
    I purhcased this gun about a year ago through a local socal shop. The micromag I have is the first edition series with the fixed barrel. And of course the store had now idea how lon they had it. It could be that It was just the time for the detente to break down. I'll give it shot and pay the $12.00!
    Well, if its the older style you have no other choice but to fork over the small $12 fee, or do some serious milling on the body.

Whatever you do, be extremely careful when tightening the screws that hold the detent on. There's not a lot of material in that spot on the body, and the holes could get stripped relatively easily (and again, there's not enough material on the body for a heli-coil to be effectively used). That's why my fixed barrel Micromag body isn't in use.
    There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't.

With understanding comes understanding.

If the saying is true that we are what we eat, aren't we all just cannibals?

Aka tech
    Chuff
    Chuff