Thread: Stupid Hydrotest people, don't use this company

Stupid Hydrotest people, don't use this company

http://www.sounddive.com/Hydrotest.htm
    I got my tank done by them, it leaked from the burst disk and fill nipple. Both were tightend down really hard, the shop put teflon tape on the fill nipple which solved that problem. But apperantly you cannot use anything on the bust disk, so that leak i'm just stuck with.
    I called them a few times, they keep insisting the owner will call me tommorrow. The last time though they told me that it wasn't there fault, even though its probably screwed up because they overtightend the hell out of it. They should refund my money for the test and buy me a new reg. They so far won't so much as refund the test price.

change the burst disk. usually solves the problem of leaking burst disk if you over tighten it most likely the edge of the bust disk broke off.
    68/45k Flatline for sale
    Misc Parts for sale
    <--click for feedback FULL!

I have used them more then one time already and they have an aweseme turnaround time! I never send my reg there though, always take it off myself.

haha a new reg... you dont need a new reg. If it is leaking from the burst disk you need a new burst disk like mentioned above....

But I hate to say it, that is the BEST hydrotesting place online to send a tank to. They have the fastest turnaround time and the cheapest prices out there for an online place. Sorry but I highgly suggest using this company and have NEVER heard bad things about them.
    Taking a long needed leave of the sport to finish school and tour the country

b2k3w/pds, vaporized, vapor valve, aka sidewinder, chaos chip, palmer rock lpr, CP barrels, 68/45 hyperflow

B2k3 w/pds and bunch of upgrades for sale

I think you just have...
    Formerly ~WarpedRT~

red Dark LCD

http://www.all-safe.net/index.html

I got my tank tested for $7.50 and $1.00 for a reg o-ring.

Turn around time of two days.

Originally posted by ~WarpedRT#2~
    I think you just have...

I think its someone overreacting, so no I dont consider this a "bad" thing.

and to the above link, I will have to look into them next time i need a tank tested.

Did the reg leak at all when you sent it? You really shouldnt have filled it to find out, since it was out of hydro, so anyways....

They don't mess with the reg man. They take em off and it aint that hard to get regs off, they wouldn't screw with your fill nipple or burst disk. Then they don't put the reg back on, right? That's what the site says, do they do it anyways?

Anyhow, I sold an out of hydro tank to a guy and he sent an extra 25 bucks so I'd send it to sounddive first. I got a PM a few days ago saying he got the tank and is happy with it, and I've never heard any negative comments.
    My Feedback

"Game...Blouses"

Ive used them without issues... but I also yanked the reg myself.
    Sig image must be under 20k

Its not the disk, it has been changed still leaked.
    It was about 3 months out of hydro when I sent it in, but the tank was still full. I emptied it about 2 minutes before packing it up. Held 2000psi for about a year with no problem. So it was certainly working before I sent it there. I had them both remove the reg and put it back on. In order to do that they remove and reattach the burst disk. Somehow they screwed up the threads on the reg itself because a new burst disk doesn't help.
    I paid them $30 they destroy my tank, and won't even speak to me. Does that sound right?

Originally posted by PyRo
    Its not the disk, it has been changed still leaked.
    It was about 3 months out of hydro when I sent it in, but the tank was still full. I emptied it about 2 minutes before packing it up. Held 2000psi for about a year with no problem. So it was certainly working before I sent it there. I had them both remove the reg and put it back on. In order to do that they remove and reattach the burst disk. Somehow they screwed up the threads on the reg itself because a new burst disk doesn't help.
    I paid them $30 they destroy my tank, and won't even speak to me. Does that sound right?

What threads on the reg? The ones that screw into the tank? I thought it was leaking from the burst disk.... Or the threads for the burstdisk? Does it screw in hard ? Have you visibly seen the threads screwed up?

My bad, its the burst disk, nothing wrong with the tank itself.
    It doesn't appear to be too bad, a couple spots look a little messed up. But with all that air pressure behind it, a tiny nick could cause a leak. What else could it be? They certainly messed up that burst disk somehow because it was working when they got it, and not when I got it back.

What they are doing that is getting on my nerves more than anything is ive gotten better customer service from the guy selling phones on the freeway. I call them, "the owner isn't in right now you need to speak to him, leave us a number he will call you tommorrow" ive been promised that two or three times now. The last time I called one guy just lectured me on how it wasn't there fault because they know what they are doing, and the owner would call me. I never got a call from him, nor does he ever plan on calling.

Originally posted by PyRo
    My bad, its the burst disk, nothing wrong with the tank itself.
    It doesn't appear to be too bad, a couple spots look a little messed up. But with all that air pressure behind it, a tiny nick could cause a leak. What else could it be? They certainly messed up that burst disk somehow because it was working when they got it, and not when I got it back.

What they are doing that is getting on my nerves more than anything is ive gotten better customer service from the guy selling phones on the freeway. I call them, "the owner isn't in right now you need to speak to him, leave us a number he will call you tommorrow" ive been promised that two or three times now. The last time I called one guy just lectured me on how it wasn't there fault because they know what they are doing, and the owner would call me. I never got a call from him, nor does he ever plan on calling.

Well no comment on the customer service cause that sucks. I guess I would have to see what your talking about to help any more. I would say just replace the burst disk should do it but of course if you did that and it doesnt work not sure. Good luck though.

burst disk is 2 bucks.

Originally posted by Skoad
    burst disk is 2 bucks.
    That also doesn't fix the problem.

Originally posted by Skoad
    burst disk is 2 bucks.
    Well my store gets 5 for them. And we changed it 2x, no good.

Well last night I e-mailed them, and around 3 o' clock today I got a phone call from the owner. He seemed really nice. He said he didn't get any notes from anyone, this brings me to the conslusion the people who work for him are lieing SOB's trying to do as little work as possible and not deal with problems. But he told me to send the tank back to him, they would fix it free of charge and he would give me a credit twords teh next hydrotest I had them do (if I choose to use them again, doubtfull since my local shop just lowered there price, and if they screw up I can go in there every day and complain untill they do somthing about it). So hopefully all will be well.

wanna sell that hydro credit. just asking i need 2 tanks to get hydroed. but i will removed the regs myself. let me know. doesnt hurt to try.

I'm not sure if I can sell it or not, I won't have it for another few weeks, it probably wouldn't be more that 10 dollars, not much worth selling.

Im sending mine in there tom.
    Sig over 50k

I just got my 68/3000 flatline back from them. No prolems at all. I sent it with the reg on. They sent it back with the reg off, just like they say they do. I got it back exactly 10 days after I shipped it. You cannot beat that kind of turnaround time with shipping time included. I say use them.
    Jonathan Edwards-Captain,Damage Inc.
    2003 CPSA Novice Division Champions

Red/Black Fade Alais Intimidator
    Red Eblade GX3 Cocker-68/4500 AGD Flatline

Check My Feedback Here
    Visit Damage Inc's Home Field and Sponsor Fox Paintball
    Check Out Damage Inc's Team Website

This is funny... If they did damage your burst disk, and didnt put any teflon on your fill nipple, that seems assnine, look at what it says on their page:

"4. Have us remove valve/regulator (extra $4.00) .. don't take the chance of damage.
    (we use custom tools for damage free removal)"

LoL, yeah, send em an extra $4 so you dont take the chance of damage, but it will be sent back with a broken burst disk and improperly reassembled.... And I think the operator of those "custom tools" (what are these custom tools they are talking about? a crescent wrench???) doesn't know how to operate them correctly.

Yet, $17 for a hydro test is a damn good price! I would say play it safe and take off your reg yourself before sending your tank to these guys!

FragTek Customs - Cyborg Owners Group
    AO Feedback - PBN Feedback
    "AGD is good because 2/3 of their name is AGG " - DiRtY HiPpY

Sounds dumb...

How do you take your reg off? I have a 68 3k flatline that I will be sending somewhere to get re-tested, and I would like to remove the reg first. I'm at school, and I haven't even looked at the tank yet, but is it simple as wrenching something off? Thanks for any info.

T.J.
    Feedback - AO
    Feedback - PBN
    Feedback - eBay
    Paypal Verified Premier Member - 60+ Transactions
    Exceptionally Good Traders: FunkTheManMunky, MRAirgunRT
    Ask about my 3rd party trading services/prices

Yeah, the tank just screws off of the reg, but its usually loc-tited or attached somehow, I got mine off my by clamping my reg into a vice and then sticking a strap wrench around the tank.

That should work for ya, you can try without a strap wrench though, because I have taken off a lot of regs w/o a strap wrench.

I had problems with this same company. After hydro, they shipped my tank to a different state. Then, after repeated phone calls and the manager being rude to me, he finally got my tank back and shipped it off to me. When it arrived, it was scuffed up in new and exciting places and had been chucked in a cardboard box w/o protection.

I'm never going to use Hydro Test NW again.
    CPPA #1240

My Trader Feedback
    PBReview Feedback
    AO Feedback

Mukwonago Those Who Know' Wish they Did'nt
    Originally posted by tobz
    Sounds dumb...

How do you take your reg off? I have a 68 3k flatline that I will be sending somewhere to get re-tested, and I would like to remove the reg first. I'm at school, and I haven't even looked at the tank yet, but is it simple as wrenching something off? Thanks for any info.

T.J.
    Sounds Dumb But
    Make Sure The Tank Is Completely EMPTY!!
    Before using the above advice on Reg Removal.
    If you're tank is loctited a hair dryer or heat gun should provide enough heat to loosen the loctite, {Do Not under any circumstances use a Torch}.
    Rick
    FSE-LX No-Rise, Halo B, TL63 Trigger, J&J EDGE Set

CHUFF CHUFF!

Great Trader's The Frymarker {Grip Gurl}, Timmy63, SteveD, SHartley, More to Come?

Ah yes, I forgot that minor detail, lol... Please, for your sake and anyone standing around u, empty the tank first