Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Smart Parts Patent Will Destroy Paintball! - Read!

personman Guest
    Lets start a petition on petitiononline.com saying that we want to overrule the SP patent?
    Is that possible? It would work I know it would if you passed it around all the internet fourms like PBN PBReview ect.

Originally posted by phatpat47
    now tell me if this is off, but someone once explained to me why disney had to sue a little kid for putting mickey on his website. They said that if they dont inforce their trademark or whatever that they lose the rights. Smartparts hasnt sued anyone up untill this point, dont they lose the right.
    sorta but it was just recently expanded which covers all electros from the sounds of it

After this, I would like nothing more than to see smart parts go down in flames.

Is there any way that ICD can sue SP for ripping off the Bushy's design principles? Or AGD sue for the Max-Flo (which is a piece of trash by the way) copying the initial N2 tank designs?

There's gotta be something that can be done to either make SP give up their ridiculous lawsuit. I'm sure that if we flooded their inbox with like 50,000 emails and letters and phone calls expressing our concern about this crap, we'd do something.

This really needs to be organized, this isn't just another Smart Parts lawsuit, this one could seriously mess up the sport even more than it already is.

ohhh, well then I have no doubt that they will lose, given that they cannot infringe on others patents.

Man I should sit down and start patenting things. Then go on a suing spree!

dude screw smart parts they are gay.agd wdp intimidators and all those electros are way better than smart parts. no offense owners of smart parts products but thats gay.

Captain Of
    Triage Kidz

Triage Kidz is looking for members email me for details.

[*IMG]http://fallingaway.com/ao_upload/maglover52_fix.gif[/IMG]
    Filesize too large- Tato
    Proud Owner Of A:

~
    Dust Cobalt DM4

Hey Tom!

Can't you do anything? The new 2k3 Shocker looks a lot like an Automag, in operation and looks, can't you threaten a suit as well?

Originally posted by magman007
    Jim, apparently you are worried about this as well, I appreciate your concern and letting us know. You know the power of the AO army, and i think combined with others concerns expressed to SP and the eventual boycott of sp, wel cna convince them to give it the hell up.
    I doubt it..

Tom quick! patent the single tube body design!

You all think this is a joke and that it can't possibly happen. There are threads on PBN right now saying the same thing. I can tell you with absoulute authority that SP has a very broad patent that covers everything that shoots paintballs with a battery. Go ahead and joke around about it I'm sure you will find it really funny in the end.

AGD

How can something like this happen?

The owner of Smart Parts is a corrupt patent lawyer, who has ran a "patent marketing" scam that the FTC shut down a while ago.

So, the Gardners obviously know how to manipulate the system. This is nothing new.

For one, Smart Parts doesnt have a single innovation in paintball. Every product has either been bought or stolen from another company.

Second, there are patents for electronic paintball guns that came out BEFORE the PVI Shocker.
    There actually was an electronic paintball gun, designed by the Navy in the 1970s!! It even has an ACE on it!!
    If that doesnt count, the CCI semi was out before the PVI Shocker, so there is plenty of prior art to show that Smart Parts is full of crooks!!
    (well, lets just hope AKA and ICD have decent lawyers though).

-NIck

sorry about the joking tom, but Im reading the thread at PBN too. The guy said that patents arent hard to obtain, and that that part doesnt mean anything. Good luck anyway.

No joking matter!

As Tom says this is a very serious matter.

Big money has been spent on both sides of the current litigation and this looks to be only just the start of what is to come.

It's going to take a court of law to determine the future rights to the use of electro guns.

SP are out to control all electronic guns...

Very scary times.

Is this multiple suits? Are the companies pooling together their resources?

I know AKA was digging a lot and asking for help in finding old electros. I know he was asking the Tinker's Guild. Maybe we can see what other people from the different forums know.

THis is not good - slightly off subject example (and likely over simplified).

TSR (produced Dungeons and Dragons) tried to sue an author over the use of the word "drow" arguing they owned the creation.

Tolkien (the estate) brought suit against TSR for the similarities between the halfings in DnD and the Hobbits.

TSR lost first suit, it turns out drow had appeared in a dictionary long before - then had problems with Tolkien.

Wizards of the coast bought the rights to DnD and TSR and promptly changed the description of halfings

Now that I've proven that there are things in my life besides paintball... is there anything that anyone can do to stop this? Does not the navy hold the patent on paintball guns? Has Smart Parts not stepped on intellectual property rights with the use of compressed air tanks in paintball.... Who can sue Smart Parts for violations of trade laws? Someone, somewhere, has to hold something on Smarts Parts? I mean, this patent they hold, can they prove that they developed rather than stole the fundamentals of it? Can the patent stand a legal challenge? AHH... someone do something... oh wait a minute... neither of my mags have batteries... no more electros - MAGS and COCKERS rule again... nevermind.. just let them be (jking, someone needs to do something).
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Originally posted by AGD
    People let me tell you, this is VERY VERY REAL. If you don't believe it, call Smart Parts directly and ask them if they have the patent rights on all electronic guns.

Why do you think we have been working on the ULE Trigger?

AGD

Hmmmmmmm. I've always known the pen is mightier than the sword.

Time for me to get a little section in PBN Magazine published. I'm sure Smart Parts will LOVE my opinion on them and what I have to say. Though I know you'll get a kick out of it Tom ! Along with everybody else non-SP.

E-markers have been out for years and Smart Parts has not done ANYTHING about that.. isn't there some sort of clause against taking action after a certain length of time?

I can assure you all...when you take the combined resources of National Paintball Supply, Kingman, WDP, Worr Games, and of course, Brass Eagle....they CAN beat Smart Parts in money. This patent, to our eyes, is unreasonable, and will not hold up. I compare it to patenting a gas powered car...impossible. Those companies there, if desired, could burry Smart Parts. Smart Parts will be albe to pick on the smaller companies (ICD, AGD, etc) but will not be able to touch someone their own size

Originally posted by phatpat47
    now tell me if this is off, but someone once explained to me why disney had to sue a little kid for putting mickey on his website. They said that if they dont inforce their trademark or whatever that they lose the rights. Smartparts hasnt sued anyone up untill this point, dont they lose the right.
    the guy responded that they have recently expanded their patent.

Here are patens that are found under Smart Parts:
    http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...FIELD2=&d=ptxt

Now is it covering any marker with a switch or battery power?

Finally, would this still affect you Jim because of your aftermarket boards? Since they are operated by a switch and battery powered?

Overall I am in awe of something like this, good luck to all makers of markers, its going to be a rough road ahead for everyone.
    My drinking team has a paintball problem.
    My Feedback

smart parts

If they have there way we will be all shooting there stuff.

Chuff Chuff.

Psst want to buy an Eframe.

Unchuffingbelivable.

This is a joke. How can you patent something thats already in use?

This is why Im always complaining about how corrupt the US is. Everything has switchs. How can someone patent something that alread exists.

What are they going to do next? Patent Oxygen and water. Oh sorry Deer park spring water is copywrited. You cant drink water unless you pay them $1000 a bottle.

Tom good luck on your new MAG.
    All your farm animals are belong to us.

this seriosly makes me pissed!!!

I need some anti smart-parts stickers now!!!!

I dont think enough ppl would be able to boycott SP enough for it to crash. Look aroudn you, SP has a huge fan base. Look at all the Impys you see on the tourney circuits. Ppl will still buy SP products even if they do put an end to the other electros.

I could only see SP profiting from this. Think about it, do you think pros and long time electro users are going to stop using electros and switch to mechs? Of course not. Theyll just use Impys and Shockers. As much as I hate whats happening I think its a smart move for Smart Parts.

Arrow

Originally posted by AGD
    You all think this is a joke and that it can't possibly happen. There are threads on PBN right now saying the same thing. I can tell you with absoulute authority that SP has a very broad patent that covers everything that shoots paintballs with a battery. Go ahead and joke around about it I'm sure you will find it really funny in the end.

AGD

Well there are few people who do believe this, SO WTF are we going to do about it?

~Hills
    NVE-mag
    Certified Airgun Tech.

Johnny that would be true, but if they ACTOUALLy won all of this, the tournament circuits would boycott sp, and they would go out of business.

also to call and Harass SP:
    tech support #: 724-539-2660
    and
    ordering #:800 992 2147

Directions oh cult leader

Ok... so we are taking this seriously enough...

What can we do about this and what do you suggest we do as individuals?

Chuff Chuff....

i dont think this is a joke, i just think that there are some out there that see a paintball world with no electros in it and arnt all that upset by it. i would imagine a paintball world with no smart parts in it makes an even larger group happy.

Angry

To think, I was going to get an impulse.
    I smell bacon, I smell Pork, run piggy piggy, Iv'e got a fork

Goatboy
    "As paintball becomes more popular, it will inevitably draw more people from the incredibly large pool of idiots which our society seems to turn out at an alarming rate."

sales@smartparts.com

Ok folks, I couldn't figure out how to make this a link.. but I think that would be the first place to voice our discontent...

Tom - it would be beneficial (maybe) if we all sent the same letter? Is there a form that would be best suited... or do we each type our own thoughts... At this point AO has its uses, I beleive we are all looking towards you for directions in what we can do to help.