Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Smart Parts Patent Will Destroy Paintball! - Read!

Originally posted by phatpat47
    Anti smart parts
    everyone click that link. someone really needs to make that a sticker . i know i would buy one in a second and stick it on my hopper. even though i honestly do like smart parts freak barrels, but this is ghey

Not Good
    (by request, reset by Army)

but did they have to pay a royalty fee?

Originally posted by phatpat47
    thats a legit patent on an original idea. Smartparts does not have a legitimate patent. their obtaining of the patent was a mistake on the part of the US patent office.
    Right-
    Someone patented the powerfeed years after Tom invented it by someone else.

I'm sure Tom went, "huh???"

-Nick

Don't Support Paintball Nazis

Boycott Smart Parts

umm...

if there are prior patents that invalidate SP's claims, then all we have to do as a community is put all of that information together where it can be accessed by SP's targets, although they are likely doing that now, because if enough info can be put together that SP's claims can be defeated in court then the only money the companies will be out of will be court fees, and then possibly they can counter-suit. Right?

Originally posted by Meph

Well gee, nice way to look at it.

I could see businesses going under, people losing their jobs, and thousands upon thousands of players losing customer service of their electronic marker after their board fries and then needing to spend hundreds more since all they'll have is a paperweight.

You have to think a little bigger there logamus.
    no i dont. if i belive (and im not alone here) that things were better off prior to electros why would i be upset? might some companies that have focused totally on the electro struggle to survive, cetainly, but then thats business. as far as players losing support for their markers, that would be the most unfortunate outcome and i would hate to see that happen. perhaps, should this suit win, some sort of arrangement could be made to allow companies to service guns that have already been sold.

i really dont see how sp survives if this suit wins though. the backlash would be so massive that it would be a serious uphill battle for them.

i think that smart parts is just screwing themselves, i definitly will never buy a smart parts product again. I even gave away my sp jersy to a little kid at iao
    proud owner of a limited edition isuzu impulse rs, awd turbo baby.

WickedAirSportz Guest
    Do you have any more information on the case with the FTC shutting down the patent scam? This information could be useful.

Why is everyone on IOG denying it?
    Hey
    AIM: FalconGuy016
    BANG!!!

Originally posted by FalconGuy016

Do you even know what they are trying to patent
    yes i do know what they are patenting but still u guys have no right for flaming them i mean agd has alot of patents for other crap maybe nothing this big but other companies have copied off them and they should owe them something
    member of team GhettoBoyz

good traders: p8ntballplaya13,blazestorm,tunaman, ghillieguy,cleatus
    -------------------------------------
    i want impy parts

WickedAirSportz Guest
    Why is everyone on IOG denying it?
    I don't know, but I will fix that.

Now the fact that these are US patents will WDP be affected by this due to the fact that the gun was developed and manufactured outside of the US? I am also unsure on this but since the X-Mag is made in Europe could there be a loophole there?

Darren
    My drinking team has a paintball problem.
    My Feedback

Originally posted by WickedAirSportz
    Do you have any more information on the case with the FTC shutting down the patent scam? This information could be useful.
    yeah, you like apples?

http://www.ftc.gov/os/1997/07/davisb~1.htm

how about them apples?

DK1

Originally posted by Gambit1106
    Now the fact that these are US patents will WDP be affected by this due to the fact that the gun was developed and manufactured outside of the US? I am also unsure on this but since the X-Mag is made in Europe could there be a loophole there?

Darren
    it will cover them. The US is part of a treaty with many nations that basically covers a lot of copyright and patent laws. It basically makes what applies in one country applies in the other. So, you couldn't import X-mags or Angels and sell them here in the US. That's why they can't sell the mag-clones from Austrailia here.

DK1

Adam Gardner and George Davidson (of Smart Parts) ran "patent submission" scam.
    If you had an invention, you would give it to them, with ALOT of money, and they would patent it, and market it. But, they only would do a half-*** job, and pocket most of the money.
    Here is the text of the FTC lawsuit

I'm not sure how it helps the case though.
    Sure, it shows they are dishonest, but I think it shows they are very smart lawyers manipulating the system.
    So..... probobly a bad thing..

Nick

hah not someone who has heard that smartparts caused this... and it wont say +75 for patent, the companies will have to independently raise it.
    Well now that I think about it an extra $75 could make a huge difference. Look at Kingman they make cheap low end electros in the 200 range for begginers. If buyers have to pay an extra 75 for Kingman electros it would move Kingman guns to the mid priced electros. Now you could get a a Kingman electro for about 300 or a shocker for about 300, which one are you gonna choose? Most of Kingman's money comes from their cheap electros and if they are raised in price they wont be as appealing to players with smaller budgets. Kingman then loses alot of money. Their options would be to lower the price of their electros which would cause them to lose more money or give up on the electro scene. If Kingman gives up making low end electros that would open a whole new market for SP. They could develop a low cost Impy and monoplize the low end electro area bringing in millions of dollars to SP.

Then we have the mid priced electro scene. Impys alrdy pretty much dominate it as it is, but could become even more popular. When you add 75 to a Bushy taht would make it more expensive than an Impy, and since Impy's and Bushys are alot alike which one are you gonna choose? The cheaper oen of course. Then theres the Evil Omen, that costs about 450 right? When you add 75 to it it then costs 525. Now for about 500 you can get a used Impy or Impy Vision, so again youll take the cheaper one.

Now look what we have, SP now has a firm control on the low and mid range electro scene, resulting in SP making milliosn of dollars and gaining more power in paintball. See what 75 dollars can do?

sorry wickedairsports but idont think u will change our minds

personman Guest
    So true, so true

Originally posted by Black_Dragun2578
    u guys have no right for flaming them
    People have every right to boycott Smart Parts all they want. Who are you to tell them they can't?

NJ- There are too many people here, feel free to take some
    I feel bad for the smaller companies, as smart parts will be allowed to undercut the competion by at least 75 dollars. This could lead to the termination or at least damaging of several companies that thrive on electronic markers such as ICD, WAS, NYxtreme, and multiple custom shops. This is disgusting,forcing people to either cough up more money, or the destruction of many shops. This is no laughing matter, and if the patent holds overseas, Racegun and WDP quite possibly will take a big hit.
    WARNING!: This cat is not an Al Roker imposter

WickedAirSportz Guest
    If the rumor is correct, it's just not $75 per marker. There would be a 1 millon dollar signing fee before any units could be sold at all.

Oh man, thats gunna stir up some trouble....
    I would'nt want to be SP right now...

BTW, i was going to buy a Freak, but the Evil Pipe looks awful good right now!
    X Valve'd.

Originally posted by AGD
    People let me tell you, this is VERY VERY REAL. If you don't believe it, call Smart Parts directly and ask them if they have the patent rights on all electronic guns.

Why do you think we have been working on the ULE Trigger?

AGD
    So, what does this mean to people who own electronic guns? I hope that is doesn't mean that they are going to stop the production of all other electronic gun?

I suggest that we as paintball palyers, boycott any and all Smart Parts gear until this madness stops.
    I guess that we know where Smart Parts interests lie: in the Money only.

---- Smart Parts.
    Giant flying dogs are gonna give you a flame-thrower enema!!!

SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!

Chuff!!! Chuff!!!

ABQHC

Oh man, thats gunna stir up some trouble.... I wouldnt want to be SP right now..
    Why not? If they make the right moves they could make millions of dollars.(See my post)

Johnny your forgetting all of the emotion that goes into buy a gun. When a noobie goes to a field, he looks at what guns the guys with jersies have.
    These guys are informed, and know that SP is a bad company, so they dont have shockers or impulses, they payed the extra 75 for a timmy or angel. Noobie starts to dislike SP because of how bad everybody at the fields rips on them. There not going to want to be the guy everyone gets mad at for have the sp gun.

In conclusion, they will not be able to dominate the scene. The players wont let them.

Will AGD start making X-mags without electronics?
    I smell bacon, I smell Pork, run piggy piggy, Iv'e got a fork

Goatboy
    "As paintball becomes more popular, it will inevitably draw more people from the incredibly large pool of idiots which our society seems to turn out at an alarming rate."

27. **** SP, that is complete ****e. It would be like colt suing everyone with triggers and .45 grip frames

here's a little fat for the fire... I posted it on the TG already.
    How about detailed (even with ASCII art) instructions on how to build a electronically controlled paintball cannon from 1994? Btw, the person who posted that claimed to have just delayed the writing, but had the plans back in 1993.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...sno.EDU&rnum=1

isn't that interesting? So who really thinks that SP really invented the electropneumatic?

DK1

If the rumor is correct, it's just not $75 per marker. There would be a 1 millon dollar signing fee before any units could be sold at all.
    you said it yourself its a rumor, things like happen quite often in several industries, how often do the big companies win.. look at microsoft? if sp wins this patent lawsuit whocares they will most likely control the marker market via monopoly then get broken up that way. Sure they are wrong for doing this, but is it likely they will win no, and if its only a rumor why worry about it?

I doubt anyone will get mad at ppl for having an SP gun. And not all fields are in "the know" some of the major fields will act like you said but the majority of fields that arent normally with the current events will still continue to support SP.