Thread: If you having account problems - PLEASE READ

If you having account problems - PLEASE READ

Hi everyone.

With the new software and everything, there is a slight learning curve and issues the forums. Most of them are easily rectified. A few I am not sure why they are happening, but they seem to be working themselves out.

So - first of all, if you have a problem, email me. I ususally will fix it within 12 hours or so. Generally much sooner.

Now - the problem I have is people send me email like "Why was my IP banned?" or "Why cant I post". Usually this comes email comes from some one like "Ted Konizsky tedk@hotmail.com"

OK - well while I am a great webmaster, and a wonderfull paintball player, my pshycic abilities are lacking. Im afraid I cant tell you what Ted's user name is. Or if they use an account labled "Metallica Fan" I am really in trouble.

Basically guys I want to help. But I need YOU to help me. I need some very BASIC information.

1) your username
    2) your ISP (if it is a ban issue) and your IP addess if known
    3)if you get any error messages I need you to cut and paste them.

Now - there are TWO things that I know need to be done in order for you to post.

1) you need to have a valid email account. If you dont, then you cant post. If you change your email, it will email you a new password to that email account. So - make sure that account is valid - make sure you havent been sent a new email password.

2) for what ever reason - some times there is some confusion with the software. People who posted fine awhile ago suddenly cant post. I think it has to do with a browser cach issure. Shut down ALL your browsers, and then re-enter and log into the site.

So - if you have problems - make sure you try those two things first. If that doesnt work - then email me - but PLEASE email me the information I MUST have to help you.

Problems or questions with the site or your account? Email me: webmaster@automags.org I collect old guns and paintball gear. Email me if you have stuff to sell!

Paintball Never Dies - www.vintagerex.com

One thing I would like to add here. Its for Moderating posts. If you use the "report this post" thingy could you please take a moment and explain why you think it's a violation and specifically which parts offend you. Some of them are coming without explanation and I have to hunt all over them to try and read your mind as to what you have a problem with. It would help. Thanks!

cphilip

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

It seems to me that this is all pretty common sense... perhaps its just me... im hoping it is for most others as well...

"That rarest gift To Beauty, Common Sense!"
    -George Meredith

View My Mags

"Think First, Think Fast, Be Careful, Pursue. Be Great."

It is common sence but you wouldnt believe how many people out there think I read minds...

SAY IT'S NOT TRUE!

you mean... the all knowing, all mighty webby can't read minds!?! YOU LIE!!! *runs of crying*