Thread: A Closed Bolt Impulse

A Closed Bolt Impulse

Ok,
    On a 5 hour busride me and my friend got a little bored. And we came up with this crazy idea...an impulse that has such a low pressure that it runs like a closed bolt gun. We have yet to try it...but the idea is to get two lpr's. On, you set up just like normal. You put another one on, mounted on the asa and buy an extra long tube wrap it around the gun and put it in the back insert where the back guage would go for your first lpr. Therefore when both of the lprs work together the bolt chamber pressure goes down low as crap making it sensitive like a closed bolt gun. Yeah...it's crazy and i doubt it would work.
    Last edited by Jeremizzle; 12-22-2003 at 04:48 PM.

Re: A Closed Bolt Impulse

Originally posted by Jeremizzle
    Yeah...it's crazy and i doubt it would work.
    me either...but good luck jeremy
    Hit me up on the IM: DJBacon06

no shootdown would be too much. just get an 03 shocker it hink those are closed bolt

Originally posted by mag-hatter
    no shootdown would be too much. just get an 03 shocker it hink those are closed bolt
    No the old shockers were Closed bolt. The new one is a spool valve like the Matrix.

How would LP operation make it closed bolt? or like closed bolt?

It wouldn't work. You could maybe shoot 2 or 3 shots before they start going nowhere.

AKALMP Merlin Autococker with Eblade

Originally posted by Python14
    How would LP operation make it closed bolt? or like closed bolt?
    Because in closed bolt guns, theres a seperate air chamber for the bolt that runs at a super low psi.

Sounds liek a lot of work to do to a crappy gun to make it crappier IMO

Originally posted by Jeremizzle

Because in closed bolt guns, theres a seperate air chamber for the bolt that runs at a super low psi.
    um dude....there already is a seperate air gallery. The ram/solinoid are given their own air. You system is no closer to a closed-bolt gun than it would be before the modification. The only difference would be bad efficiency and probably less than stellar consistency.

Originally posted by Python14

um dude....there already is a seperate air gallery. The ram/solinoid are given their own air. You system is no closer to a closed-bolt gun than it would be before the modification. The only difference would be bad efficiency and probably less than stellar consistency.
    How would a super low psi have bad consistancy? There is no seperate air gallary for the bolt either the valve opens, and the air moves through and pushes the bolt foward. It's just an idea...

Just do this......

Originally posted by RRfireblade
    Just do this......

ROFL!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!

YAY! go shoebox sized guns!

ugg, that pisses my off, shockers are not that big! and light as hell! alot lighet than my mag! the ONLY downside i saw to mine when i had it was the limited ROF, the marker could only cycle 13bps, less than impressive, but it still got the job done, and done well, so stop all the hatin, its like racism, shockers arnt differnt than other markers, but ya still hate em without even knowing em. rant 4 the day

yeah i really liked my old shocker ( wont support SP anymore though)

by the way ...the ROF on the old shockers was 11.25 bps
    it was never lower or higher in any of the models.
    Aced/predator Adrenalin LCD
    2k Dark Angel [
    98 LED Angel ( kinda )
    shark attack X-MAG
    Eclipse Factory Eblade
    "We Want More Squeege!! (rawwk)" - AGD
    "I'm looking for an xmag in excellent or perfect condition. I have a black 2k3 mech cocker with Palmer everything (worth about US $800) I can trade, which is in excellent condition, well timed, reliable, and pinches all but the oldest super brittle paint." Flyboy771

I had 68magowners old shoebox for about a week it was light and it was almost as small as an imp but it will always be my favorite shoe box.

P.S. I like my emags better than any sp gun
    GUNS:
    warp left mini vertibrate cocker
    tanks:
    shocktech drop with 68 3k raptor rex AA
    loaders:
    12volt revy
    and a 12 volt warp

good traders:Bmx5045,clintfiore, maxwell M, 68magOwner, GPZ1170, magkid45, and Josh515
    [/IMG]

Originally posted by RRfireblade
    Just do this......

man shockers are so ugly

natsy mag, there were custom chips to go a wee bit faster (dunno if for resale) and everyone else (except laxkid and nastymag who were pro-shocker) i bet it thinks your ugly too! and guess what! your bigger than a shoebox you schmucks!

Originally posted by 68magOwner
    ugg, that pisses my off, shockers are not that big! and light as hell! alot lighet than my mag! the ONLY downside i saw to mine when i had it was the limited ROF, the marker could only cycle 13bps, less than impressive, but it still got the job done, and done well, so stop all the hatin, its like racism, shockers arnt differnt than other markers, but ya still hate em without even knowing em. rant 4 the day
    yeesh it was just a joke but seriously, they aren't bad guns. one of my friends currently owns one and another one used to have one.

i know it was justa joke, but all the shocker "jokes" influence the noobs, nobody gets em, and resale goes straight down the toilet while impy resale sky rockets, u do know they retail for more than impy's, but i got a good trade 4 mine, so watever

oh, whoops...SHOCKERS OWN ALL!!

better?

you could just cut the bolt in half on a stock bodied impuls and cap the back ed and VAULA! closed bolt!
    DAMN THE MAN! SAVE THE EMPIRE!!!
    --------(S.P.)---------(AGD)
    classic "steel monstrosity"
    GWAR Slave #1501
    (UN)Official AO Prankster

Originally posted by TransMan
    Sounds liek a lot of work to do to a crappy gun to make it crappier IMO
    LOL! WORD UP BRO! EVEN THOUGH IT CAN KEEP UP WITH AN XMAG! LOLOOOLLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh, and they run at a very low psi, they look good, they have tones of upgrades avalable, and they dont cost everything you own.