View Poll Results: should AO have avatars?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

16 43.24%
  • no

17 45.95%
  • whats an avatar?

2 5.41%
  • why?

2 5.41%

Thread: Should AO have avatars?

Should AO have avatars?

PBN has them, the new pie rev forum has them...does this kind of forum (vbulletin) allow avatars? if so how? would it be like putting an image into ur sig? if we don't, then i vote that we do get them.

We have sigs why do u want avatars i think they used to have em but i imagine theres a reason why they dont.

Besides if u hadnt noticed this aint PBnation which is a good thing

I think we should get rid of sig images, have 60x60 pixel avatars, and have 12 lines max in our sigs.

www.TeamNever.com

avatars create one more drain on the bandwidth. we had them a while back and i cant really say i miss them too much.

p8ntball1016 Guest
    Originally posted by tony3
    I think we should get rid of sig images, have 60x60 pixel avatars, and have 12 lines max in our sigs.
    this place aint pbr. lets keep it that way.

Originally posted by logamus
    avatars create one more drain on the bandwidth. we had them a while back and i cant really say i miss them too much.
    here? when? I musta missed it.
    email me at land_hurricane@hotmail.com with comments

pie sucks

I like avatars but If it means smaller sig images then I don't really want them back.

i wouldnt really mind avatars, but i believe we would have to choose one or the other. sig images and avatars would just be too much.
    TONIGHT WE DANCE FOR TOMORROW THEY RELEASE THE DOGS

You guys who are talking about how "lets not keep it like pbn"
    if you actually visit other forums almost every forum will have avatars...im not sticking up for pbn but i mean...just becuase they have avatars doesent give you another reoson to make fun of them.
    [img]Sig image must be under 20k[/img]

[ Logic Paintball ]

[ IM ME! ]

I say either avatars or sig images. Not both. At this point I'm liking the sig pics.
    "I would like nothing more than to walk around
    wearing a shirt with a giant arrow pointing
    downwards, but I have this strange feeling
    that most people would take it as some kind
    of sexual suggestion rather than an attempt
    to infer one's final destination."

I think it would be cool. Depends if it effects server performance, or not
    Hey
    AIM: FalconGuy016
    BANG!!!

the problem with Avatars is that we have trouble policing them. They are within your profile and not just something we can turn off in your post. Now certainly we have to eventually go into your profile to get rid of either of them for good....but an offensive Avatar cannot be simply turned off on that post by an edit action of that post by a Moderator. An avitar would require an Admin action for ever one that was inappropriate. And Moderators would have a hard time controlling or hiding them until an Admin could do it. So we see this all the time at PBN that they cannot easily control them.

And we find Signatures to be more flexible and they even allow for more personalization in them. And we give you more total area to use in them than an Avatar would. So I really do not know why there would be this facination with Avatars. But it comes up like every 6 months like its something new and has never been talked about. But it has been decided that its not the best way to go. Many times its been explained as well. They are simple small graphics that restrict you far more than our Signature image limitation does. I guess it's just the old thing that you always want something you don't have until you got it. In this case you got the better of the two choices and don't realize it. But I do not think there is going to be any move towords Avatars in the near future because we just do not think they are easy to control and we just do not think they are the best choice anyway!

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

Could somebodyhelp me and tell me how 2 get a pic in my sig.(im new 2 this forum) thanks for tryin 2 help me put im so big of a loser i cant do it lol.
    Last edited by totalknockout; 12-25-2003 at 11:47 PM.
    emag blue ule body 3.2 software empire 4 peice kit halo shocktech drop

friends dont let friends buy cockers ...

Originally posted by totalknockout
    Could somebodyhelp me and tell me how 2 get a pic in my sig.(im new 2 this forum)
    ok.. upload a pic to ao. look at your post, right click the picture, and select properties. at the bottom of the window, find the url of the pic. go to your profile, and put the url between [img] and [/img*](without the asterisk).

just add your avatar into your sig.