Thread: Stupid stupid STUPID AOL

Stupid stupid STUPID AOL

We hates itssss. WE HATES ITTT. WE KILLS IT, YES WES KILLS ITSSS.

Ugh, last night I tried to download Escape Velocity and because I am on 56k it is going to take 5 hours so I decided to do it overnight.

I checked it again at like 3am and again at about 4 and both times it was working fine. When I woke up and checked it AOL had disconnected and the download which was started in IE had stopped (duh).

Is there a way to start where I left off? If I had made it through half the download shouldn't half the files be on my computer?

Ugh!

AOL owned me like a little girl .
    Originally posted by PyRo

Its called jokeing. You have no right to be questioning me with your measially 460 posts!!!!

No and No.

Not without a download manager.

And the files usually aren't saved until the download is complete.Check your Temp Internet files to be sure.

Jay.
    Logic Paintball Forums
    My A O Feedback Here
    Other Feedback Here
    If I've Been Any help
    Please Leave Some.

AUHGUAHGAUGRUGHAGFUHAUGAHDUGTUAEGRAUGUAHFG!!!1

Damn, ohh well I also started the download at my moms where we have DSL so I guess I gotta run to her house and burn the install file.

SUNY Binghamton (or near middletown when i'm not there)
    get this...it rules..and you can start downloads up from where you left them..AND it speeds downloads up..AND no spyware..

http://www.amazesoft.com/download.htm

I hated when that happened, but now I have brodband!

get gozilla it will save downloads that arent finished
    Love Will Tear Us Apart

That's why we have FTP and DC++.

I have AOL myself so I know how you feel. But for some reasin, i never kicks me off anymore.

And 5hrs is nothing, Windows XP and both builds of Longhorn that I downloaded took a week each. And Old School took 3 weeks.

And isn't Gozilla the one hats choc full of spy/ad-ware?

Originally posted by WickeDKlowN
    That's why we have FTP and DC++.

I have AOL myself so I know how you feel. But for some reasin, i never kicks me off anymore.

And 5hrs is nothing, Windows XP and both builds of Longhorn that I downloaded took a week each. And Old School took 3 weeks.

just a little bit of adware, but the program itself works fine, and its only when gozilla is running otherwise there were no other excess popups, atleast that was my experience

Thanks for the advice.

I thought it was called Mozilla. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

p8ntball1016 Guest
    No. Gozilla is the one that destroyed Tokyo. Everyone knows that.

Kai Guest
    Mozilla is a crappy 3rd party web-browser, for jerks that think they are cool for NOT using Microsoft products. (IE)

have someone with a cable connection dload it and burn it to a 29 cent cdr and mail it to you......you would get it faster.

Originally posted by Kai
    Mozilla is a crappy 3rd party web-browser, for jerks that think they are cool for NOT using Microsoft products. (IE)
    Mozilla is awesome. It's faster than IE, and the tabbed browsing is the shiznit.

p8ntball1016 Guest

Mozilla is awesome. It's faster than IE, and the tabbed browsing is the shiznit.
    lalala look at me im to coooooooooool for microsoft. with my ps2 and my mozilla and my mac. im better than you[/wickedklown impression]

Originally posted by AssassN
    Damn, ohh well I also started the download at my moms where we have DSL so I guess I gotta run to her house and burn the install file.

Originally posted by Kai
    HAHA My school uses Mozilla.

Originally posted by p8ntball1016
    lalala look at me im to coooooooooool for microsoft. with my ps2 and my mozilla and my mac. im better than you[/wickedklown impression]
    ROFL

I can't stand Mac's, but yes i do have a PS2... and an Xbox. I just think Mozilla is better than IE.

that sucks

Yeah, mozilla has a built in download manager. I don't really use it much cause I have broadband at school, and most of the stuff I download is 15 second video clips. It's also got a pop up blocker. The tabbed browsing is sweet too.

I used Opera for awhile at my DSL comp. I liked it because it didn't open a new windows window for all the sites. Other than that it sucked.

personman Guest
    Netscape 7.1 = Mozilla 5.
    If you are using netscape I wouldnt be bashing mozilla if I were you
    Mozilla works great. Its less prone to spyware and browser add ons/plugins that you dont want (gayness) because EVERYONE uses IE, it comes standard with windows.. sooo spyware companies think that because more people use IE, they come out with more spywareness for it.

Anyway, download managers r0x if you have 56k.. for example getright. I dunno if that has spyware or not, but it works, I've used it before.