Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow...I guess no one wants an SFL Emag anymore.

Unhappy Wow...I guess no one wants an SFL Emag anymore.

Wow this is odd. I've been trying to sell my SFL Emag for over a week now here on AO and no offers. I've also noticed other sellers such as ntn and Random have had no substantial offers either. Has interest in SFL Emags waned???

-Ron

This is great. I've got a 1300 dollar backup backup gun sitting under my bed collecting dust. =\
    Pewter SFL E-Mag #EM01569
    Pewter Shocktech Intimidator

My Trading Feedback

Extraordinary Traders:
    Johnny Bravo

Good Traders:
    fcpchop, Xerces, Piccolo, hawpunch, Boble86, NCpaintballer, Chupas2, shrapnel, gump1119, Methos, PunkOff, TheFlamingKoosh, RogueFactor, Jonesie

That sucks man, good luck on the sale.

1300 is too much for an emag IMO, even if it's super duper.. heck, I think 1300 is too much for an xmag too!

If I had the money, I would buy your's, NTN's, and Random's. Alas, I don't. Sorry

well, its a lot of money to fork out. The higher the value of the gun, the lower the number of possible buyers. I'd put up more ads... pbn... ebay even. I'm working up to buying myself an SFL or X-mag, and I know a lot of people that are in the same boat as me. When I have the cash and am secure enough to buy it, I'll see whats availible, till then I just gotta watch them go on and off the market.
    Rooster "But such is the mentallity of the Arab people. Which is why as long as there are Arabs, there will be a terrorist problem."
    ^^^ known AO racists

Contact Info
    AIM: holsamoht
    e-mail: Thomas.Loh@gmail.com
    My Feedback

Originally posted by Mindflux
    1300 is too much for an emag IMO, even if it's super duper.. heck, I think 1300 is too much for an xmag too!
    i agree
    Last edited by jayel579; 01-19-2004 at 07:55 PM.

Speed Kills.........but so does everything else only slower
    OSK
    E-Mag, X-valve w/ level 10 <-- for sale
    Free Flow Lotus Body E-blade

you'd probably be better off trading it. most people have more money in their gear then they do cash.
    Red to Black Ironman Intimidator
    Demon UL Matrix Dust Red
    TEAM BACKDRAFT
    Broken Matrix or DM4? Send it to me, I'll fix it, just pay $10 + shipping + parts.

I agree,
    your best bet is to trade for 13-1400 worth of gear and then sell those smaller peices on eaby or pbn. get with me if you want to trade the sfl for some gear you can easliy sell..

I think the X-mag killed the resale of the SFL's. I've seen used X-mags go for around 1000. Since X-mags are pretty much identical to SFL's the only way you could sell a SFL for 1300 would be to someone who would fork over the extra money for it's rarity.

well, xmags may have hurt the price of sfl's, but they are still much more rare than any other emag out there, that is what makes them so expensive.

Originally posted by barberjohn
    well, xmags may have hurt the price of sfl's, but they are still much more rare than any other emag out there, that is what makes them so expensive.
    I hate to say it, bur rariety in paintball gear is a joke. I would say that most people do not care to spend an extra 200 - 300 on a "rare" marker, that they will probably keep for a couple of months, then trade/sell. If some one was investing in it, OK, but this is not an investment, it is a tool to play a sport.

Two years ago I would have spent 1300 on a used SFL, but I wouldn't even think about it now. I bought my X-mag new in box with both breeches for 1300.

I'm building my Karta E-mag for less then 1300, and it will look better then the SFL, and perform exactly the same.
    2003 SuperBowl Champions!, THE New England Patriots!

He was constantly reminded of how startlingly different a place the world was when viewed from a point only three feet to the left.
    My Feedback

Originally posted by barberjohn
    Deadlywind ...with their Karta and Dallara ....have nailed it. I feel the Karta is far better in looks to an SFL and an Xmag.

I'll give you my '03 WASed Viking for it. Otherwise - I'd use the same cash on an X - I've seen 3 of them in the last week. Sorry about how things turned out.
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

Re: ...

Originally posted by RogueFactor
    And now you know the reason why you wont be seeing a *KAPP E-mag* or newer *Shocktech E-mag* versions.

There just isnt enough demand.
    I don't think this is true. I'm sure someone would pay 1300 for a new Shocktech E-mag.

Originally posted by cledford
    I'll give you my '03 WASed Viking for it. Otherwise - I'd use the same cash on an X - I've seen 3 of them in the last week. Sorry about how things turned out.
    thats a fare trade. a 900 dollar gun for a 1400?

I think you're just asking too much, like most people selling used gear.

Yeah, its still in good shape, but how many shots have you put through it? Probably a lot more than I ever would if I owned it for twice as long.

Personally, I really like the SFL milling a lot more than the Xmag and Dallara... but wouldn't pay that much for a used one.

---Fred

Originally posted by gtrsi

its only worth what someone else will pay

Gotta remember, it's used. Even if it's never played a single game. Just like cars, drive a brand new one off the lot and the depreciation is about $3k.
    Sorry you didn't get any bites on it, SFL's are sweet.

Originally posted by gtrsi

Had to try I guess I could throw in a Retromag - but that's all I got to give.

-Calvin

:1300 is too much for an emag
    I agree.

Knock it off! Want a vacation?
    Last edited by Tunaman; 01-20-2004 at 06:17 AM.

Originally posted by Fred
    I think you're just asking too much, like most people selling used gear.

Yeah, its still in good shape, but how many shots have you put through it? Probably a lot more than I ever would if I owned it for twice as long...
    Well, I've had the valve rebuilt and the board replaced before. Shortly after that, I received my Shocktech Intimidator. So, I'd say only 3 cases of paint have been through it with the new valve/board.

I'm also selling it with a barrel kit, an extra battery, dual magnetic detents, matching drop/asa, extra battery, plus other stuff like an extra VALVE. Then you have to remember insurance on this package would be an extra 15 dollars at minimum.

EDIT: 50 cal, you're right. If the invisible hand determines that I greatly overvalue the gun/package, then I'll just keep it and have it collect dust--literally. =)

Originally posted by Prairie
    1300 is too much for ANY gun unless said gun is capable of servicing me orally.
    or is made of gold. and not that coloring **** either.

guys, dam,
    remember there are only 35 of these in the entire world. Thats it no more will ever be made. This kind of product is really only for the hardcore mag fan.

as far as serving you orally: a true player doesnt have to pay for anything as long as he is on top of his game

If that there "Priceless" mag there is givin you some mental problems there, because, ya know it needs a new home and doesnt deserve to be under that there bed there...

I gladedly adopt that there mag and teach it the the ways of muppet schooling texas style Promise.... just a thought if your looseing sleep over it and all....ehehe

...no seriously...

-Jim "CodeMA" Brown
    Fire 'N Squad
    http://www.diatribepaintball.com
    http://www.whatispaintball.com
    http://www.fmxpaintball.com
    http://www.officialpaintball.com

I'm gonna be buried with mine. It's too pretty and shoots too nice.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

i love the SFLs. but they are just to expensive for an emag. now that the xmags are out and a couple aftermarket badies for emags, theres no need to spend all that money on an sfl..thats just my opinion. i think 900ish is around a decent price for one though

Originally posted by $tevo
    i love the SFLs. but they are just to expensive for an emag. now that the xmags are out and a couple aftermarket badies for emags, theres no need to spend all that money on an sfl..thats just my opinion. i think 900ish is around a decent price for one though
    So you're saying a used Xmag is also only worth 900?

Originally posted by Load SM5
    I'm gonna be buried with mine. It's too pretty and shoots too nice.
    amen bro... well once I get it back from rob :P

I have never sold one of my mags. and dont plan on parting with this 1 of 35 beast either.

AFTICA 4 Life! the low rent (unsponsored) AGD team at IAO
    Team Sandbaggers: 2k4 Texball Champs of the world!

SFL Emag
    RTP abomination
    Sydarm + scenario project VM-68 to be featured later.

Yah... after a week of having mine posted for sale (couple weeks ago), i decided that it was not time to sell it (i think i was drunk in teh first place when i posted it for sale).

I just decided to upgrade all of my SFLs other accesories... making it a brand new gun all over again... yay

-New 70/4500 HP Peanut Crossfire
    -New Style 12" Scepter kit and CnC battery pack soon to come... (week or so). I'm gonna eventually all the new goodies too.

-baller

I think ima go out on a limb here and say flat out.. most people dont really care how rare a gun is, they want it new or they want it with an impossibly low shot count and no scratches. Your gun is/has neither (well maybe no scratches since I havent seen it).... Putting new parts into it is like saying its a new car because you rebuilt the engine and it just doesnt work that way... Id say about 1000 is reasonable, with 1100 if you can find some desperate diehard mag fan (and judging from the fact you had no offers on AO... Id say good luck with that)
    "Nothing is more beutiful than a warrior with no distractions".

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.