Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Brew: cool and strange paintball guns (pics - 56kers beware)

Sergi uses part of mine for his creations... He make make you one but you have to email him (his email is on the machining portion of my website. He is very busy but ya never know
    http://www.spaceman613.net

http://www.bunkerboyz.com for CCM and your pump paintball needs.

Sergi did good work for me he milled a browning buckmark dove tail site rail for me. He was prompt.
    "[T]he evidence also strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam could have invented what is claimed."

-United States District Court judge G.M. King,
    on Smart Parts' patent claim, August 23rd, 2004, page 16.

AO feedback

ebay feedback

It'd be pretty sweet to make a lever action rifle like those pumps but have it on a wood stock, wiht the 12g hidden in the stock..

well, my kp wont be using 12 grams, but Sergi and I may use a lever action.

www.deadlywind.com (AO's own nicad)

(By Colin Moritz)

After having focused most of our attention to building RAIL kits, We here at DeadlyWind decided it was time to show off a few more of our product ideas. One of these is the "Inchup" grip style. With the Inchup, gone are the days of the Spyders with their grips and regs spread so far apart. After all, if you are going for that style, you might want to look into the Tipman Modle 98. I personally have not been much of a fan for the power-feed-only body style (which the X-tra has broken!) and the fairly large gap between the grip and the front regulator/ex-chamber.

So, I give you the DeadlyWind Railgun.

The Railgun is the result of possibly all the best Spyder parts out there, mixed in with some cutting here and milling there, turning out a Spyder like no other. At the heart of the Railgun is a modified RAIL closed bolt kit which is married with a vertical-feed body. The billet trigger frame is then mounted to it an entire inch farther forward than stock, resulting in a tighter, balanced, more appealing package. After hammer modifications are done, the overall travel of the hammer is reduced, which results in more consistence strikes, less kick, and less re-cock effort. A custom-made aluminum/delrin hybrid bolt is 8 times lighter than stock bolts while allowing more flow. Add to that a valve board out to the max, low pressure springs, and a high-flow vertical asa adapter, and it just screams "LP!".

(By Colin Moritz)

OK, what exactly was being smoked when this was built?!? PVC fumes have got to be toxic.. because that and only that can explain this contraption. This is a paintball marker, with the body made entirely of PVC. It is closed bolt, and it operates at around 60PSI! Its valve design is based on the old pressure-difference "pop" disk. While it does allow an ungodly amount of air to pass through it when opened, it is VERY in-efficient. Also because of the spring-returned single-acting home-made air-ram (any more hyphens??) controlling the sleeve bolt, its re-cycle rate is pretty far down there.. around 3 or 4 per second.

The trigger mechanism is based on that of an Automag.. It performs dual actions upon firing. As it is pulled, it first seals the air chamber off from the air supply via an "on-off" valve. Then it releases the "dump" port on the back via a ball-bearing "sear".

If you are looking for a 4 or 3-way, keep looking.. its not there. The air ram operates off the main air chamber.. as the chamber is pressurized, the air ram moves the bolt forward. After firing, and the air chamber is empty, there is no longer any air pressure on the air ram, so the spring returns it back to the open position.. as long as the trigger is held and the air is cut off from it.

This entire marker was built mostly from PVC, 1/8" think aluminum, some nuts and bolts, and some R/C car ball joints and shock cartridges (for the air ram and modified internals for the on-off valve). It takes stock Spyder barrels.. but they thread directly into the PVC... so thread life will probably be pretty short. :/

All it needs now is a nice adj. output tank (60 psi?!?) and a (pvc?!?) dropforward..

Last edited by Jack & Coke; 02-26-2004 at 06:16 PM.

very interesting and unique way to do an E-Cocker...

(By Colin Moritz)

What seems to be rage these days? Electric Autocockers! But with prices ranging from "out-of-my-price-range" to "waaay-out-of-my-price-range", not just everybody can have one-including myself.. until now. The basic operation of an electric Autococker is fairly simple. Your trigger moves a switch, which feeds juice(via batteries) to some sort of a solenoid which pulls the sear, firing the marker. Then, after the firing is commenced, another solenoid (electro-pneumatic valve) is activated which controls the recocking mechanism. The whole tricky part to all of this is timing it all out to make it function properly and smoothly. Since the input(trigger) and the outputs(the two solenoids) are all electric now, everything can easily be controlled by a chip or some other timing circuitry. OR you can keep all the timing mechanical by making the two actions (fire/recock) interact with each other.

The second approach is what I used to build my home-brewed EAC. It is a very simple, cheap electric conversion, but it inherently does not have all the bells-and-whistles as the all-electrically-timed rout can have. There are only two drawbacks to my approach. First, you only have one fire mode.. Semi. But since this is the only legal mode of fire in tournaments, its not really that bad. The second drawback is the fact that it cycles directly with the trigger, just like non-electric Autocockers. But since non-electric Autocockers can shoot just fine, this is not really much of a problem either.

"So why bother?!" you may ask.. well, to shoot an Autococker with a trigger pull of 1mm is pretty dang nice. That also allows consistent shots because there is almost no marker body movement as you "stroke" the trigger. Also, with a little practice, you can rap some pretty impressive BPS out. I have measured mine at 14bps. I know its not all about BPS, but it sure is fun, and nice to have when needed!!

On to the details..

The test-bed of my project is a 32* Pro Autococker with the Bob Long "bloated" grip. At first I didn't like this grip very much, but it provided some extra room inside the grip to mill and fit stuff in.. which turned out wasn't necessary, but the extra bulk gave me a sense of security while milling. I started off by building a combo manifold/microcylinder block to mount to a very small 3-way electro-pneumatic valve, which was all mounted in the grip. The micro-ram pulls a linkage connect to the sear. Then, on to the front block of the Autococker, I made another manifold which mounted and provided air to a regular electro-pneumatic 4-way valve, and also split air off to go to the 3-way in the grip. This manifold was fed air from the output of the Rock reg. Back inside the grip, where the micro-ram is pulling on the sear, I mounted a micro switch (angel switch, same as trigger) which was tagged when the sear was pulled down. This switch feeds power the 4-way on the front block. Everything is run off of the hopper batteries.

So, operation is very simple. Pull trigger(switch1), feeds power to 3-way inside grip which pulls the sear(firing marker), and tagging the second switch(switch2). This second switch then powers the 4-way on the front block, causing the back block to move back. As long as you hold the trigger in, everything stays in this state(just like a regular AC). As soon as the trigger is released, power is lost the 3-way in the grip, causing the sear to move back up, releasing the second switch, causing the 4-way to move the back-block forward again.

It may not be the best setup, or the most efficient, but it gets the job done on the field- and pretty dang well most of the time…

My pump nasty

The blaphoon

ok heres the story of the blaphoon, it is not really even a palmer gun . Built back alley by John Byrant (he use to work at PPS) if you squint you can read that on drop forward. Removable barrel, screw in detents, side mounted rock, and a feed tube that was cut to fit a power feed. The pin was also replaced with a nasty pin to make it hold the piece between the ram and the bolt. The old one would simply not hold on and the ram would would cycle by itself without the bolt. Seems to shoot pretty well. The dye stickies that were modded to fit the grip look like ****, the inside is torn out and looks horrible, there are a few holes in the stickies as well. O well their comfy .

Thumbs up

nice!

I'm diggin' the nasty!

Nasty Pug

YES its the New Tac One :-)

Wow, could you imagine cleaning all of that after a couple of gun shots.

Thumbs up

Probably one of the BEST guns I've seen from Punisher...

HOLY CRAP!

I want one of those!!!!

*goes to check out punisher's*

HAHA I love that wooden stock rifle. What I love even more is that it is semi new since it was a pocket hopper on it. It would be neat to play with for a few games.
    see my Cocker here.
    And my beloved Sterling

Automag pump kit

*drool*

did anyone post my classic squall yet?

- Tim F. POG #815
    - Viper84@jps.net
    - Http://www.FirePro84.com
    - 47 guns and counting

- Recent Additions: Black VSC Phantom, PGP, Angel LED

The Dead By Dawn Holy Fist of Antioch

A Reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:

Then did he raise on high the Holy Fist of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou loadist the Holy Vortex. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Vortex in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

I think this is a friggin awesome thread
    "If we aren't supposed to eat animals...why did God invent BBQ sauce?" - Army
    AO Feedback

{quote]

Pictured above is the M41-C Pulse Rifle. The C Model is the second level upgrade from the – 41A version shown in ALIENS II. The C model was developed when life forms were discovered that were found to be resistant to the A models 10mm/30mm projectile based system. The M41-C combines a 17mm Automatic Rifle with a forearm mounted 1000 Kilowatt chemical/plasma pulse cannon. The rifle can fire both armor piercing and high explosive shells and the pulse cannon is useful against projectile-hardened targets.

Features:

1. The replica is constructed using a brand-new Airgun Designs Automag paintgun

2. Comes with built-in 8 oz CO2 tank (disguised as pulse cannon).

3. Fake 17mm High Expolsive round in breach.

4. 12 inch Airgun Designs barrel.

5. Comes with:

Tool Kit
    Automag owners manual & video tape
    Disassembly instructions

------------------------------------------------------------

Price Information

Each gun is made to order. Delivery time is approximately three weeks.

Price for ALIENS M41-C Pulse Rifle is $799.00.

This is actually a rip off the G11 rifle made by H&K. It fired caseless ammo at a burst rate of over 2000rpm. It was designed to fire 3rnd burst, and to get the three rounds out of the gun before the recoil from the first shot effected the accuracy of the second and third shots, and it was able to do that.

http://www.hkpro.com/g11.htm

Buff
    Last edited by Buff; 03-18-2004 at 02:21 PM.

nope thats based on the old style kalashnikov aku94 from KVAR

the kit is from Muzzelite and fits a bunch of 22lr rifles

or if yer good with a dremel, a Mag:
    http://www.bullpupgunstocks.com

now they have tim

fallout11 Guest
    Check out the 'ghetto' mask that Glenn Palmer has at his feet, in the old picture Jack & Coke found:

Yep, that's 'chicken-wire' mesh across the mouth/lower face.
    I remember those days....

iirc that is the very same mask that is at EMR's paintball museum.

Forget the mask! What about those shoes with colored socks and blue jeans!

A really neat palmer-cocker hybrid...

This is poisonpill's 45 frame punisher squall. A normal PPS squall has the 4-way in the grip frame like a Typhoon. This one has a custom "autococker-style" front block and a rail (spacer) between the body and frame.

from Glenn Palmer:

Originally posted by GP@PPS
    My turn. lololol

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/gp-painter.JPG

The gun that was almost Camille, but I liked it too much to take a chance on screwing it up if my idea didn't work.

Check out the old skool guns in the video from www.webdogradio.us (1985)

http://www.webdogradio.us/shorts/ABC85.wmv

1985 footage aired on ABC "Nightline"

Part 1, the "Story"

6:13 run time / 11.8 meg size

In 1985, ABC's "Nightline" aired a story on the "Wargame" of paintball. Some interesting things in this piece, mostly for those of you that look at the gear and sit amazed at what was done with it. Not to mention how fast some of those guys can "crank out the shots" with pump guns. This is the entire setup piece, unaltered.

(As a side note, we originally had this labeled as '86. We were wrong. Sorry to all the faithful...)

Original footage from "ABC News"

Some of these may have been posted already...but i just re-took all my gun pics and thought you guys might want to see them...all the rest of my guns can be seen on my website ( http://wwww.FirePro84.com ) under the Currently Owned Section.

Blazer BZ-048

Blazer BZ-051

Classic Sqiall CP-21

Punishers Customs E-Phantom Gen1

Nelson Feed PGP

Paintball Mania Supplies Slider E-Cocker

WGP Sniper 1 Serial #50

Boston Paintball Supplies Twister Autococker w/ RT Reflex Kit