Thread: Who liked the old forums better?

Who liked the old forums better?

I'm just wondering who liked the old forums better. True, you can do more stuff with these forums....but its just doesnt have that homie automag feel to it....or is this just me?

Its you

Does it smell like updog in here to you?
    Originally posted by Automagisurdad
    and the barrel is no good cause its a 14 and not 12.

C'mon, how else would I have "Sweet Emotion" under my name?

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttt Emmmmmmmmmmmmmooooooooooooooooooooosssssssshhhhhhh hhuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn.

^
    ^^
    ^^^
    ^^^^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^ I love that song.

The only thing I miss is the spell checker, it made me not look like so much of an idiot. Well I'm just screwed.
    Other than that I really dig the new look.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

I like the old forums way better, simple and clean. Those classic posts stuck to the top look ugly, and I think the board itsself is harder to navigate.

Yeah that's how i see it...it's not as easy to get around and those classic posts at the top annoy the stuffin out of me!!! The format of everthing was better also...I guess there's gonna be those who love the new forums and those who wish we still had the old one's. As for me, i liked the old ones.

I liked the old site better. It's sort of nice to be able get a post to stick but not when there are are a bunch of them.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    i think this one is fine and that we`re lucky to have tom with us, its not like too many other manufactures are doing this..... and afterall, this setup will acomodate a larger group which is what we are going to be.

yea

I like the old one a little better, it had the nice homely warm and cuddly feel to it... Or maybe that was the radiator...

Either way, I did like the other more, but i'm sure this will be better once I get used to it.

Hummm.... ok I am listening, I'll cut loose a bunch of the stickies. The new forum is cluttered looking but I thought you guys would like that. The main reason we got this is so we could see views and not crash during contests etc.

AGD

shartley Guest
    Actually once you get the hang of the new forums, it is super slick to use. You can do so much and so much faster.

I think the advantes FAR outweigh the cluttered look.

I will be re-doing the buttons in a week or so - maybe add more orange to them - so it feels a bit warmer and more aolike

Problems or questions with the site or your account? Email me: webmaster@automags.org I collect old guns and paintball gear. Email me if you have stuff to sell!

Paintball Never Dies - www.vintagerex.com

The new ones are cluttered, confusing and unorganized. Too many features can be a bad thing. the old forums were basic, yet organized and easy to navigate.
    ~Chaos
    chaos@cazorp.com
    NutBuster.net
    Team AO, SoCal

Wanna talk to a REAL skanline guntech? Email smackmyass@cazorp.com

the change really isnt that great, but whatever it takes to keep them feeling busy i guess.

Oh Chaos, your just jealeous 'cuz we have more buttons than your site!!

I have found it much easier to navigate around this site, all the forum jumps are right there at the top and bottom. We just need the spellcheck added.

I also like the additional options for profiles and personal stuff. The PMs are handy too.

Webby, may I request buttons that don't look so... mac like? :-)

See this is just as I thought it would be. Everyone has their own opinion. I liked the look of the old forums better but I guess once I get used to it the new forums will feel just as homie. What are the stickies Tom is referring to? I'm a little lost.

God - I cant please anyone - Im moving to Montana...

I hear Montana's nice this time of year....and there's no speed limit...yeehaw!

i miss the old server too,but i got used to this one.

Ok, I want more feedback on this. So going UP>

And Sheperds we shall be / For thee, my Lord, for thee / Power hath descended forth from Thy hand / Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. / So we shall flow a river forth to Thee / And teeming with souls shall it ever be. / In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sa

ben_JD Guest

Yes

Originally posted by Webmaster
    I will be re-doing the buttons in a week or so - maybe add more orange to them - so it feels a bit warmer and more aolike
    Orange. That's what this place needs. As I look around my office, I was wondering what I was missing. Webbie has answered that pondering. I am missing orange.

ben_JD Guest
    Originally posted by spyderkiller
    I hear Montana's nice this time of year....and there's no speed limit...yeehaw!
    Actually, Montana's speed-limit free days have been over for quite a while now. Unfortunate, but true.

Do the posts actually go up when they receive a new post? I haven't seen that happen. If not, then I definately miss that. It's easier when updated posts go to the top. Also, the new board is a bit confusing and cluttered....

-- StevoC

Well i have to say that now this forum looks like all other big forums. No more AO flavour or not much but it is not that bad, and all the options a nice. The classic thread are nice, but it won`t stay nice if there are too many.

I Love The Everthing About The New Forums They Are 10 Times Better Than The Old Ones I Like Them Alot!!!!!!!
    AIM:Mag2589

It's just you man, i've been bugging 44 for months to change to vB. vB is approximately 8.7 million times better than any other forum software out there.

I liked the old form at first, thought the new one seemed a little too clutterd, but now that im use to it, and being the type of person that loves more complicated things, the new form is awsome... love all the neat toys

View My Mags

"Think First, Think Fast, Be Careful, Pursue. Be Great."