Thread: can this sport be played with just love+passion?

Question can this sport be played with just love+passion?

so i was thinking today.
    This sport we call paintball is something that is totally unique in just about every way.
    but the big question is
    can this sport be run off of just love and passion, so you have a crappy player but he has love for the game off the scale, would he play good with just love for the game.
    Let's compare this to a few other sports
    basketball- if you have love for the game you can still play it with somewhat no skill level, you can hustle, box out, play somewhat defense
    baseball- you can but not as much as bball, you can love the sport, dive for balls, hustle a hit in the infield and other sutff
    football- to play you need to be big or bee able to catch or throw a football(easier said then done) but you can still play with just love for the sport
    soccer- all about hustle, it takes heart to hustle

now to an "extreme" sport
    skateboarding- get out there and practise practise will make you better and better, but you need some skill level
    motocross- ur on a bike not much you can do
    any other motorized rider you can't do as much with just love for the sport.

This would lead me to belive that in this sense paintball is an extreme sport

what do you guys think?
    I knew not what I did but am now edumacated

Well... dedication to the sport for whatever reason will make you better. What level can be achieved, depends on ability. But I'd say that if you spend a lot of timing on something, you can be better than most people in that... although not everyone of course.

passion, love, and dedication for paintball will get you far, but this game is pretty hard on you

If your bad, I mean really bad, being the first person out, or sitting through the majority of every game no matter how long they are can be the most depressing thing in the world, even more so if you love paintball.

I remember a couple of years ago, I had a really bad streak, I would be that person I described above, weekend after weekend, I actually stopped playing for a couple months

Now, I'm not sure if I ever got any better, but some time off brought me back to the game I love

I kinda think the same miscue does. If you love playing paintball then that means you probably play/practice alot which should result in at very least decent skills.

passion, love and dedication for paintball,will get you as far as you can physically go.

But if you are completely ghastly, uncoordinated, can't hit the broad side of the barn, and just plain stupid. I isn't goign to get you far at all.

What really gets you far is $$$$$, because the more you can play the better you will be.
    Love Will Tear Us Apart

that's what i think the only downfull of this sport is, cahs, you needs ton of it to play.

If you're passionate about a sport, you will do your best to improve. Your skills WILL improve over time, that's a certainty. Where they level off is the limiting factor. Some people have an innate talent, while others really need to work at something.

But if you're passionate about it, winning and losing means less, and doing your best and having fun becomes more and more of the necessity.
    Manager, Ithaca Paintball and Recreation.

Autorized Smart Parts, WDP, WGP, and AGD dealer.

If you're looking for markers or gear, drop me a line at Rob@ithacapaintball.com and I'll do the best I can, or visit us online at www.ithacapaintball.com.

Just like anything else practice will make the crappiest player.. into the best. But the big thing with paintball.. is there is a lot of luck in it.. but of course it still takes the skill. I think its totaly possible to play with just love and passion.. just like in basketball if you suck.. you can get out there and play some defense.. in paintball if your not too good.. you get back there in the back and shoot your gun like theres no tomorrow.. eventually you'll hit someone.

So in ways its just like any other sport.. practice, you will become a better player.. experience is a lot in paintball.

AGD: Our products are like a woman, most are good enough for one night, only one is good enough for a lifetime.
    AGD