Thread: darn flatline shootdown

Angry darn flatline shootdown

i have a 4500 flatline that has been giving me headaches.

I recently replaced the reg seat when one of the originals when bad. I replaced it with one of the newer style seats that are supose to be harder and last longer.

well then after to refills that started to spike. Now i have another one, but i cleaned and oiled the one that was still in it. It was no longer spiking, however the gauge will drop by 200-300 psi after one single shot. It will bounce back almost imediatly. However, in a string of shots it will drop to the point LX starts to kick in and wont fire right. I throw my 4500 max flo on there and that has no problems what so ever keeping up with my xmag.

I really love the light weight and compact style of my flatline, but it is really starting to piss me off.

please help

Quote: MarkM
    "virus attacks have been dealt with, same with back door nasties. ."

My feed back

In the tree right outside your bedroom window
    My 68/3000 did that for a while too. I ended up replacing all the o-rings and got a new spring pack from AGD. I'm not sure exactly what part was not working right, but after replacing all of them, it perked right back up.
    Tacofest '04

I'd go through the whole system and replace the on/off o-ring (those can shrink in size and create a flow restriction) and grease the piston and replace that o-ring.

Sometimes the spring pack can be binding and causing issues, so I end up replacing those too.

are any of the parts from a regualr rt parts kit interchangable with the flatline? I also don't see a parts kit for the 45 will i have to buy all the parts by themselves?

The piston o-ring is the same between all AGD pistons.

The on/off o-ring is the same as the RT on/off top urethane o-ring.

cool, thanx black

i will have to try that tomorrow

My flatline has had major shootdown twice. The first time there were metal shavings everywhere that had to get cleaned out. the second was the reg seat. I take mine apart and clean and grease it about every 2 months or so (about 10 cases) It is part on my pre large tourney checkup.

ok, replaced the piston o-ring and the reg seat and still having the same masive shoot down, plus now it will only let me set it at either 0 or 8/900 psi, nothing in between. And only like 1-2cm turn in the adjuster makes this psi change.

so i want to change the on/off, but how do i take the rest appart.

i know i have to degass it, but i am not sure how to take car of the on/off

Hey I think my flatline has the same problem. I noticed when I first got it off ebay that when I shoot the psi on the guage drops like 200-300 too. I thought thats just what its supposed to do but im guessing its not after reading this thread. I have also been having problems getting it to fire right, somtimes the whole gun will just stop shootin and take a while to recock or it just wont at all. Also it somtimes shoots not far.

How do I fix this? Just buy the flatline parts kit?

also is there anywhere that shows how to take apart your flatline and all to clean it/replace parts?
    Last edited by spectra260; 02-07-2004 at 11:54 PM.

well, mine seems to be working after replacing the on/off oring. Not sure because i have barely had a chance to test it.

what type of flatline do you have, the parts kit is just for the 3000lb tanks.

there is a real nice article that will show you how to dissasemble the flatline either 3k or 4.5k on warpig.

One article, two regs, no waiting.

It covers both the 3,000 and 4,500 systems with complete disassembly.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tech...ne/index.shtml

See you on the field,
    -Bill Mills

Computer / Paintball geek
    Technical Editor, World And Regional Paintball Information Guide - http://www.WARPIG.com
    Producer, Paintball Television - http://www.PigTV.net
    Paintball, Motocross trail riding, SCUBA, climbing, surfing, R/C aircraft, fun stuff...

well, she seems to be working on my speed.

I think it was the on/off that was restricting the flow.

I replace the the piston oring and the reg seat and cleaned it up. Still suffering from shoot down. I then replaced the on/off oring and it seems to be working, for the moment anyways

thanx for all your help guys