Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Company?

Bad Company?

Hey guys.. just got this idea from another post I was just reading a few minutes ago. It was on the topic of who you would pick up for a new team

a awesome front player that played with a pump, that knew how to comunicate and get the job done ..

or a not so good player that had all the bells and whistles, and looked good.

Anyway, this is what brings me to the team Bad Company. I followed tourny paintball a bit more the past few years rather then current news, but I definatly know Bad Company was a good team. I watched them beat up on Strange at Cup 2002 ( I believe) and have seen or heard about them do plenty of other things, ALL WITH SPYDERS.

I dont know what is special about their markers, but if they are just upgraded spyders... makes you wanna think why you speed x-amount of cash on a fantastic marker that is so light, so quick, and so everything, when these guys could probably not only beat you with a spyder, but make you look bad too.

Im not saying spyders are bad in the first place, im just wondering what makes me and what makes us buy all this expensive junk when it could be done with a spyder of all markers.

LMK what you think
    dan

Because those spyders have so much put into them they probably still cost like 600 dollars, plus the time to tune them. And the other reason is good guns make egos bigger.
    Love Will Tear Us Apart

1. bragging rights
    2. every little advantage helps
    3. Theyre fun! shooting an eblade or timmy or something is simply more fun than shooting a spyder.
    [img] Insert URL [/img] AO Feedback
    Email:Torbothebarbarian@hotmail.com
    Aim: Torbo3rb

Example:

I am certain, if I call AGD and order an X it will be measured, tolerances checked, and set to their standards (I am also certain BCs SPyders are)

I am not so sure of this if I pick up a Spyder, a well tuned, tight tolerance Spyder is a wonderful tournament marker.. in fact there called timmies.

Runs to hide behind the flame proof wall, knowing he was wrong, well maybe cause he knows absolutelty nothing about stacked tube electros, but it sounded funny.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

they play with spyders because kingman pays them to

its like a moving billboard for Kingman USA and their wonderful spyders... :o
    Proud Member Of The AO Cesspool Since 08-24-2002

Actually, I'm pretty sure that BC doesn't have anything on their guns that you couldn't go out and buy yourself. It's just a stock AMG with a reg, barrel kit, etc. Maybe a new board, but that's about it.

So why do we spend so much money? Preference. You pay extra for the gun that just feels better in your hands.

I would agree that there are hundreds of dollars put into them.

I would agree they MAY be checked over a bit more..

and I would agree that timmies are just fine tuned spyders ( or so i have heard)

but the fact still stands, bad company is good with spyders.

Whats keeping me from selling my $800 emag for a $300 BKO, spending a hundred or so on a new reg and spend the rest on paint for a year :]

just a thought..

either way, would like to hear your input..

dan

You need to watch Bad Company a little more closely. They cheat like no other.

as far as getting a BKO goes felony... lets just say that they have 'software issues'

almost every bushmaster, especialyl BKO's have extremely horrible trigger bounce which is a pain in the arse to avoid, and in doing so to eliminate it, you make the trigger pull a mile long

oh yeah... the board is capped to 10-11 bps

OK.. they cheat? I have seen plenty of other teams cheat. That doesnt really get me, and I havent heard anything like "bad company are the biggest cheaters on the block" Maybe I am wrong.

Even if they play with spyders because they are paid to, they still own up on some other people playing with much better markers (or so called better markers)

dan

ACTUALLY, BC spyders are very very stock, they have a new barrel, a nice nitro tank, and some trigger adjustments and maybe a new board, otherwise they are completely stock. The only team on the pro-curcit with guns that don't have ace.

www.TeamNever.com

Originally posted by MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
    Because those spyders have so much put into them they probably still cost like 600 dollars, plus the time to tune them. And the other reason is good guns make egos bigger.
    The Spyders are stock. They have small trigger adjustments, but that's it.
    My AIM Intimidator is better than your Automag. Get over it.
    Hobart Paintball AIM Paintball

Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
    almost every bushmaster, especialyl BKO's have extremely horrible trigger bounce which is a pain in the arse to avoid..
    every pro team will be itching to get one..

hehe

The markers have a lightened switch, HPA tank, centerflag Doolie reg on the bottomline, a fast hopper, and the foregrip is bored out to make it a gasthrough.

That's all they've got in terms of ups on the markers.
    Manager, Ithaca Paintball and Recreation.

Autorized Smart Parts, WDP, WGP, and AGD dealer.

If you're looking for markers or gear, drop me a line at Rob@ithacapaintball.com and I'll do the best I can, or visit us online at www.ithacapaintball.com.

skill > marker

any day of the week

The Spyders have nowhere near $600 in them.

thats what i thought.

Based on all your responses, I give props to Bad Company.

Seriously makes me rethink me current setup.

I do know BKOs with a new chaos board and reg are nice as hell, maybe ill look into one..

anywho, thanks for input guys

dan

600 dollars? in what? tank maybe 300? and thats something you'd get for every gun so that doesnt count. reg ok about 70 barrel kit 200 nothing really super special only thing is there's don't break and if they do they can get a new one or kingman can fix it fast
    I won't ship first unless you have a lot of good feedback.

It all makes me think about selling my tribal and such. But then I seem to get "attached" to my markers so it would be hard to part with my tribal especially. Who knows...

I had a dream a while back I sold all my gear and picked-up an electro Piranaha and ripped arse.

If only the market wasn't horid I would consider it.
    There's all kind of songs about babies and love gone right, but for some unknown reason nobody wants to play them tonight.

You play with what you like.
    "Your just a myriad on inner conflict aren't you?"
    Good Traders: deathstalker, Der Cockermeister, Target, brtncstm160
    Bad Traders: None, yet..........
    "I have to think of some creative quote to put here don't I?"
    Feed Back:https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119588

Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
    as far as getting a BKO goes felony... lets just say that they have 'software issues'

almost every bushmaster, especialyl BKO's have extremely horrible trigger bounce which is a pain in the arse to avoid, and in doing so to eliminate it, you make the trigger pull a mile long

oh yeah... the board is capped to 10-11 bps
    Funny, I have both a BKO and a BM2K, and neither had trigger bounce issues due to the software in them (although taking out the trigger return spring can cause it, as I found out one day). The only reason I upgraded to the chaos chip on both markers is because of the cap (although I hear the newer boards are capped at 20+ BPS).
    There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't.

With understanding comes understanding.

If the saying is true that we are what we eat, aren't we all just cannibals?

just about every single bushy at my field (BFG) has the bounce problems... and one has the new chaos chip... which is alot of fun in the chrono... can you say 20bps full auto

as i said before, you play with what you are paid to play with

kingman - million dollar company - can afford to advertize with a team

Basically all pro teams cheat, Bad Company seems to cheat a little less than most, and their Spyders are nearly stock. I have noticed that most people just can't except that they have skill and can compete with Spyders.

Originally posted by No sKiLLz
    You need to watch Bad Company a little more closely. They cheat like no other.
    Here here! I watched them this week end. Plus they switch out guns when ever they can.

*Edit - I reffed them this weekend.
    WE ARE DEADCELL, AND WE WILL RUN THROUGH YOU

Dayspring - "We've had Clare at Shatnerball." "I'm confident that she can take 20 guys."

"I'd trade my cocker for some steady pu**y"

Because those spyders have so much put into them they probably still cost like 600 dollars, plus the time to tune them.
    Not true. I've seen guys on BC pull new guns out of boxes, and go play with them.

Originally posted by tony3
    ACTUALLY, BC spyders are very very stock, they have a new barrel, a nice nitro tank, and some trigger adjustments and maybe a new board, otherwise they are completely stock. The only team on the pro-curcit with guns that don't have ace.
    Hmm, there's stock and then there's STOCK.

First is consumer stock. Walk into a random store, pick a random box, make no changes.

Then there's STOCK, where you go to the factory, measure every single peice and build a machine with the best tolerances possible all from production stock parts.

Um no,
    we played BC all last sunday and their guns are pretty much stock, no crazy mods or anything that you guys would expect.

Great team, great guys, gave us an awesome practice

EDIT: and as for cheating, deal with it everyone cheats unfortunately so shoot em till they leave. BC plays straight up for a pro team, I've seen much worse.
    OSK