Thread: Most accurate barrel??

Most accurate barrel??

right now I have a 13" armson stealth barrel. But what do you think is the most accurate barrel not quietest just most accurate

Search, there is no most accurate barrel, it's the best paint->barrel match.
    faith;
    its not something that i grasp, its something that i fake, as i'm falling through the cracks

There are more efficient barrels...

some field in NoVA with a ton of pods ready to be dumped
    there is no such thing as a most accurate barrel because they are all hte same. The reason y you see difference in accuracy preformance with smoe barrels is because the ID of hte barrel are different sizes and to get the most out of your barrel, you'd have to match the paint size to the barrel ID size.

yea right

so your telling me that if I had a BOSS PROGRESSIVE barrel and a TEAR DROP or something like a BIGSHOT, and they both had perfect paint matches, shot at same velocity, they'd be equal on accuracy?
    I find that very hard to believe, don't you think that the porting may help to make the ball travel more accurate due to a less turbulent barrel exit?
    What about the material its made out of? Stainless Steel, anondized aluminum...etc... you get the point.

I want to kn owhat the most accurate barrel is too, but I think its mostly based on opinion, I've heard the Tear Drop is the best but I cant verify that. I love my BIG SHOT tho, loud and accurate, and small!

i know i agree with powerfedmag

As long as the barrel is straighe and smooth it will be accurate. Maretial dosent matter as long as it meets the requirments above. The only fastor after that is paint fit.

Robbie KImmell
    Robbie

Good Traders : LoadSM5 BTAutoMag

magmanpaintball Guest
    The lapco bigshot and the lapco autospirit are the most accurate barrels i have ever shot. But i havent shot many other barrels.

Its pretty simple what the answer is , freak.

Now, Im sure your gonna say "no its not". I will explain why.

Like everyone said, and you should believe, its paint to barrel match.

And currently on the market, no barrel can match as much paint as the freak can. Sure, some people say bigshots are real accurate if you match paint, but put nelson through it, and test show it shoots like crap. The freak doesnt have that problem. I can say the same for EVERY barrel out there.

Now I bet your thinking "well, what about the CP and OTP sizers? I think my CP 2 piece kit with all the inserts is more accurate"
    Well, the answer is simple : CP kits have 3 sizers, Freaks have 8....more is better......Some might argue you dont need that many, but if you've played where and when I have, you might get 684 paint one day, and 690 another day....It comes in handy, the other good part is freaks do work better than most other multiple insert barrels simply because some have IDs that are 0.4-5 calibers different, on my cocker, that can make paint roll out, something I do not like.

BTW, I've owned and shot most barrels out there, I infact hate Smart Parts stuff (and all thier other barrels), but hey, I would rather have a $300 freak kit than buy $2000 in boomsticks or such, or have a barrel that is insanely accurate, but only work on a handfull of midbore paints, where I live FPO tourneys can vary greatly, so do the paints I use.
    Former stickballmovies guy (They're on youtube now). Now a full-time slumlord in Central Ohio.

Re: yea right

Originally posted by PowerFedMag
    so your telling me that if I had a BOSS PROGRESSIVE barrel and a TEAR DROP or something like a BIGSHOT, and they both had perfect paint matches, shot at same velocity, they'd be equal on accuracy?
    It's all opinion. I have SEVERAL barrels, and choose the barrel by the paint I shoot that day. I am very confident with all of my barrels. They all hit very well on target. The only difference I DO see, is the material. SS or ceramic "cleans" out much better if there is a break, than aluminum. The exception obviously is the JJ, since it is coated aluminum.

So, I have never had a problem hitting my targets with any barrel, just gotta be a good match of paint to barrel I.D.

By several, I have had a good 10-12 different barrels, and with proper paint, I dont see a difference in accuracy, but if you take, say Hellfire, and shoot it through a boomie, or a AA, obviously the boomie would shoot better since it would be a better match. Hence the Freak Kit.

just my $.02
    Max Lundqvist's 1 of 2 Angel Joy A1
    DEMONIC Freeflow Cocker No. 4 of 13 My Feedback

My feelings on the matter...

I'd go with a .686" aluminum Lapco Autospirit, a .689" aluminum barrel (Bigshot, Teardrop, or CP), and something in a .691" or .693" (which most stock barrels tend to be). In my opinion, the Freak may be nice for events where you HAVE to shoot one paint, period. But if you're playing and you borrow a pod of, say, Big Ball and your Freak has a sizer to match Hellfire, you're screwed. And we've all probably done that...dipped into a buddy's paint when we're low on our own. IMO, most rec players will be fine with a good .686"/.689"/.690+" combo. Cheaper by far, too.

Re: My feelings on the matter...

Originally posted by Jeb_Hoge
    But if you're playing and you borrow a pod of, say, Big Ball and your Freak has a sizer to match Hellfire, you're screwed
    Uhhhh...aren't you just as screwed with a bad paint barrel to barrel match even if it's not with a changable bore barrel? At least you can change this one about as easy as changing a barrel...your statement is flawed in logic my friend. Your not screwed at all. You just gotta change the insert. Your way you gotta change to another barrel. Same thing realy. Think about it.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

Re: Re: My feelings on the matter...

Originally posted by cphilip

Uhhhh...aren't you just as screwed with a bad paint barrel to barrel match even if it's not with a changable bore barrel? At least you can change this one about as easy as changing a barrel...your statement is flawed in logic my friend. Your not screwed at all. You just gotta change the insert. Your way you gotta change to another barrel. Same thing realy. Think about it.
    Hey cphillip,

I think he was thinking of an in-game swap... say you run out of paint and someone tosses you a pod of something smaller/bigger. I don't know of too many fields that would let you carry more than 1 barrel onto the field.

Which brings up an interesting thought... since most places, and virtually all tourneys, forbid more than 1 barrel/player on the field, would you consider different inserts to be different barrels? Could you carry multiple inserts onto a field?

if he meant in-game...stil the same...if u choose that .686 barrel for your small bore hellfire, then grab your buddys guppie of ZAP, either way the bore is wrong, whether a barrel or insert, its all the same, and the freak is the economical way to go, since a nice quality barrel runs about $60-80. Three barrels are 180-240, the freak with al inserts in aluminum as stated, is on sale for 189...thats presumably 8 barrels instead of 3 so u can match all paint instead of 3 sizes correctly...

I support your reasoning totally cphilip

Well Krafty it makes no diff which way he meant it now does it?

Example: One guy has a .689 Dye and the other guy has a .689 insert in his freak. Guy number three is shooting big bore stuff like .693 or so. Guy number one and two need to use some of guy number three's paint. They both got a problem don't they? Guy number one has to get or find a bigger barrel. In game or not! Guy number two knows he has a .693 insert in the case. Still same problem...In game or not!

.689 is still .689 isn't it? What the difference about either of thier delema? Nothing. See?

I do not realy know the answer to you last question. I surely wouldn't carry on an insert or for that matter accept any other paint from another person during play. I would play out the game with out it if need be. I would be afraid to carry an insert with me and possbly drop and smash it by stepping on it. Same with another barrel actualy. I should think all team members should use the same paint to avoid this situation if they wanted to share paint. In Rec play I think it's best to go with what brung ya. Thats why I love "Hopper ball" so much. Sort of adds to the "pucker factor" of it all doesn't it!
    Last edited by cphilip; 09-21-2001 at 12:15 PM.

I kno how to solve the problem!

Lets all build a indoor field, and suck out all the air, to make a nice lil' vacuum. Then the paint will be so accurate, and we can see which barrel is the best!

jk in case u cant tell

cphillip - Do you play many tourneys? Reason is say so is most tourneys have 1 paint FPO. And even if you play BYOP, most teams will just bring 1 kind of paint because they can get a better deal on it.

No only Rec for me. But that was sort of my point anyway. His scenario is also a bit far fetched for the reason you outline as well.

I do sometime put on Tourneys and Ref them. And one type paint ahs always been my experience too.

Whoops... my bad. I misread some of the post. You guys are right.

I'm such a loser....

Your alright by me Krafty!

Originally posted by Sqweezer
    Search, there is no most accurate barrel, it's the best paint->barrel match.
    Thats bull. I had a PMI Perf and a PMI Pursuite and they were both the same bore and the PMI Pursuite was far more accurate with PMI Premium paint. And if all barrels are the same why do stock barrels suck so much?
    You smell like dookie... No really though.